Preview OFFICIAL PREVIEW AFL ROUND 17 - Brisbane Lions v Essendon Sunday July 10th 1.20pm @ the GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when does the umpire have to pay the fine for getting in the way?
Brisbane should report the AFL to WorkSafe QLD. They are not providing a safe work environment if umpires know so little about the game that they jog in front of players running at high speed on the field of play. The umpire should have held his line rather than drifting across lanes.

Imagine if a player did their knee because the umpire got in the way and caused a collision.

Off to WorkSafe Lions let’s stick it up the AFL.

why wasn’t Gardner charged? More his fault than Hippy.
No sane person would say that was careless.

I suppose next it's going to be careless to run onto the field.

All of the above. Good result for all. There is no precedent in tribunal decisions. The AFL has issued an warning - Next time, you are gone.

I know our clubs hate each other but I genuinely hope the fine is split three ways. Gardner and the umpire had as much to do with it as Eric did.

Good luck against the bummers this week friends, and we won’t see you this year in September but good luck there too.

Robbo has had a brain explosion -claims AFL should have pushed for a five week suspension. Must be taking swigs of cough mixture off camera.

you are going to wish you listened to cornes, slobbo and garry lyon when we see ben brown use the umpire as a way of taking out harris andrews come round 23.... the prophets have spoken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance the afl will appeal? I assume the more detailed footage was seen before they decided on the tribunal.. so they basically had all the details and still thought worthy of the charge.

He did have open heart surgery in 2021!

I actually like him a lot more than Gerard who has probably never sat in a pub or had a conversation with a normal punter in his life.
Yer, I used to like Whately, but I can't stand his version of activist journalism any longer, he is the self appointed moral compass of the game, pretentious and aloof.

you are going to wish you listened to cornes, slobbo and garry lyon when we see ben brown use the umpire as a way of taking out harris andrews come round 23.... the prophets have spoken
Ben Brown is soft. Couldn’t push an umpire over. He even that scoundrel Number 12 Andrew Stephens would stand up.

1657014607177.png

He did have open heart surgery in 2021!

I actually like him a lot more than Gerard who has probably never sat in a pub or had a conversation with a normal punter in his life.

Yeah at least Robbo will generally be upfront, even if he is incoherent.

Nerdling who sits next to him is insufferable with his little hidden agendas.

Yeah at least Robbo will generally be upfront, even if he is incoherent.

Nerdling who sits next to him is insufferable with his little hidden agendas.

Did you just refer to Gerard as a Nerdling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back