NFL Offseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

QUESTION
In all your experiences (at sports bars, attending NFL games, people you know), which teams fans are the "worst" -- worst as in just intolerable, not as X's and O's bright, cant talk football with, etc.

RESPONSES
Patriots fans. They don't even know who Babe Parilli is
----
49er fans, when the team is winning, of course. When they're losing they're nowhere to be found. That Harbaugh era. One of the worst fan bases in modern pro sports history. Look at the newsworthy incidents alone.
----
I found Florida fans (bucs, jags, dolphins) to be pretty good to talk turkey with about the NFL in general. They're kind of laid back, but also their teams fairly new so dont carry as much inherited garbage/baggage....like packers, giants, cowboys, etc fans. Also Lions fans are tops.
----
Going with Eagle fans! Weird, was shocked how nice Chiefs fans were when I went to Arrowhead.
----
Broncos fans are pretty bad IMO. Maybe just cuz I've had to endure their success, but Giants fan also get on my last nerve. Finally, echoing an observation, Niner fans may be the least loyal, but that just makes me smile.
----
Dallas fans way too cocky and 9er fans zero loyalty when the going gets rough
----
hate GB fans. even supported the 9ers in playoff games against them.
----
Believe it or not...I have met many Raider fans that had no clue about the details of our team. They were just fans. They would mention players that had already retired as if they were currently playing today and I'd have to correct them. I think most people are just casual fans, every team has them, and every team has those fans who are very dedicated; know the players, coaches, schemes etc.
----

^^so is this guy basically saying you get all sorts amongst supporter bases as you do in most sports?
In my experience, it's only hardcore fans who have an appreciation of league and team history. Casual fans are happy watching what's unfolding in front of them.

As I was walking into a Woolworths this morning. I saw a loser wearing a Patriots. Sb49 champions cap :$

Don't even know who Drew Bledsoe is.

I see many Patriots fans in Sydney. One guy saw my Raider-affiliated ornament that I wear, and we started talking. He was American. He seemed ok. But most that I see are Australians (when I overhear them talk) and they come across as casual fans / Rugby fans / type of thing.

Of course, we all know how many fake Raider fans there are in Sydney, the Raiders as fashion brand worn by Maori teens, even becoming a hipster fashion item among spunky 20-something girls and those Ned Kelly-like guys with full beards, shaved heads with that mop on top that's flopped back and molded with super-glue strength gel, wearing muscle-tees and those baggy bottom ankle-tight jeans.

I see many Patriots fans in Sydney. One guy saw my Raider-affiliated ornament that I wear, and we started talking. He was American. He seemed ok. But most that I see are Australians (when I overhear them talk) and they come across as casual fans / Rugby fans / type of thing.

Of course, we all know how many fake Raider fans there are in Sydney, the Raiders as fashion brand worn by Maori teens, even becoming a hipster fashion item among spunky 20-something girls and those Ned Kelly-like guys with full beards, shaved heads with that mop on top that's flopped back and molded with super-glue strength gel, wearing muscle-tees and those baggy bottom ankle-tight jeans.
In fairness, I expect most bandwagon fans to know SFA about the Patriots outside of Belichick, Brady and Gronk. If you asked casual fans of all teams what a pulling guard is, your Sydney brethren would respond with some curious answers.

In fairness, I expect most bandwagon fans to know SFA about the Patriots outside of Belichick, Brady and Gronk. If you asked casual fans of all teams what a pulling guard is, your Sydney brethren would respond with some curious answers.
Yeah I know. I understand that already. A few years ago it was all Seahawks fans in Sydney. Same thing with them. I don't honestly hate on casual fans, or newcomers, because it's great to get more and more non-Americans falling into love with American football, piecemeal, over time a percentage of them turning into lifelong fans who understand the game well.

In the 80's in Victoria, I'd reckon 90% of people I saw about wearing NFL gear were in Raiders,Vikings or Cowboys kit. They used to sell NFL stuff at the Melbourne show. With the 90's and more access to coverage it started to spread out a bit more with other fans becoming more visible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will find out where you live and blow your house up?

Its a fine line as to how long someone should film you to just ignoring people and accepting you are making a lot of money and fame is part of that.

Me, I would say the guy made threats before he turned the phone on.
That's such a post 9/11 accusation lol. These guys would get a lot of that in public.

Actually they are a winner. Their team won and yours was where? Logic says you're the loser in this chance passing by.
This is actually a really good retort.

I'm just going to allow it to slide and let everyone appreciate it.

The only thing that surprises me so far is that TGBB hasn't liked it yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back