NFL Offseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You underplay what a horrific SB loss can do to the player roster that endured it....in spite of how talented it is.

I think people are over weighting carolinas drop this year.

Recent years suggest teams bounce back.

San fransisco lost a heartbreaking superbowl to the ravens...the next season made it to the nfc champ game in a close loss to Seattle.

Seattle lost superbowl thriller to patriots... next season make nfc division playoffs.

The year after denver lost the superbowl they went on to win division...(lost to colts in Division playoff round)

Most teams bounce back..i think atlanta will

Yeah. But if they don't take responsibility for it. It will always weight them down. If they don't admit their mistakes, if there's some sort of denial, it'll effect them for the short/medium future.

If I were an Atlanta fan. I'd recognise that they didn't play hard right throughout the game. They left themselves exposed to a loss.

The loss doesn't have to be ignominious, if Atlanta could say they gave it their best shot. Tbh, I don't think they can. They must acknowledge that if they're ever going to move on.

How the actual score happened doesn't matter. If you flipped the scoring sequence in reverse. Atlanta would still be guilty of the same thing. No playing hard enough for 60min.

In fact, the actual score doesn't matter except that you hope it's a reflection of the attitude and application of the team. Unlike Atlanta, NE can say they did play hard for the whole game. They left it all out on the field. Atlanta still had some in the tank. Deep down, that why I think everyone involved feels s**t.

Atlanta could've dominated and been leading 13-0. It just happened to be they were leading 28-3.

Yeah. They thought they had the game won and backed off. They didn't play hard enough for long enough.
And the thing is.... That was not the only game that season they choked. Something like five of their six losses they blew fourth quarter leads, often due to offensive reasons.... turnover, inability to convert drives.

Try losing an undefeated season on a hail mary helmet catch.

It sucked but cant really complain now after 49 and the Jules catch. I think its evened out. Something crazy happens every sb. Actually was it Kearse with that crazy catch in49? Without Butler it would have been similar. Julio with that sideline catch too was a very similar thing but that was just awesome rather than a fluke. The best thing about 07 was watching Brady with an elite receiver in his last years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we take the attention off posters and into the posts instead? Let not the board degenerate into that.

Sorry....can't help the mod in me come out from time to time

Its not your job any more ;)

You've gotta let the dummies that took up your mantle do it so we can see if they're up to it or not

(I'm betting on not :p)

Can we take the attention off posters and into the posts instead? Let not the board degenerate into that.

Sorry....can't help the mod in me come out from time to time
Agree 100%

Again, I know it's offseason, but surely there are other things to talk about outside of trying to cause shitfights

I suppose with mediocre posters like you on this board. It doesn't surprise me at all.

Edit: I apologise for calling aussiedude a mediocre poster.

The truth is. He doesn't post anything of significance to even remember what kind of poster he is? :huh:

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

Lol I didn't say nothin. Sorry but when one spends years trolling ONE team more than one post about their own team, alarm bells ring and patients runs out. He's a pro baiter and mods should discourage not encourage. I'm looking at you GG....That's all I have to say on it. Yesterday I was speaking to a pats fan who I gave a recommendation to ignore not trying to start shitfights. Honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back