Solved OJ Simpson Case

Remove this Banner Ad

25 years ago today

oj+bronco.jpg

I was living in Phoenix, Arizona, and they cut the NBA finals to watch the freeway chase. Even more crazy was the Suns were playing...
Almost , was Knicks-Rockets game 5

There's an espn 30 for 30 called " 17th June 1994 " that chronicles that day.
NY Rangers had their tickertape parade after winning the stanely cup
Arnold Palmers final masters rd
World Cup 94 kicked off in the US too

It was saturday arvo here , i remember them breaking into WWOS to show it.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

MCG, North v Richmond. Was on in the bar. Took us a while to figure out what was going on.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong

Such a bizarre situation over here because it was the crime of the century in the US because of OJ's fame, but maybe 2% of people here would have known who OJ was at the time.

Jarring when that documentary at some of the 'jokes' being cracked at the time e.g. an MLB commentator saying something along the lines of "Did you hear OJ's in the Masters? Yeah he's already got two under..." Wow. Times have changed. It showed Pat Riley's press conference where a reporter asked him a 'joke' question along similar lines (can't remember the exact wording) following New York's win in game 5 of the NBA Finals.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Such a bizarre situation over here because it was the crime of the century in the US because of OJ's fame, but maybe 2% of people here would have known who OJ was at the time.

Jarring when that documentary at some of the 'jokes' being cracked at the time e.g. an MLB commentator saying something along the lines of "Did you hear OJ's in the Masters? Yeah he's already got two under..." Wow. Times have changed. It showed Pat Riley's press conference where a reporter asked him a 'joke' question along similar lines (can't remember the exact wording) following New York's win in game 5 of the NBA Finals.

The bond was forged on that June night in 1994 when, in the middle of Game 5 of the NBA Finals, NBC went picture-in-picture showing the infamous Bronco chase alongside the Knicks and the Houston Rockets. Simpson even became a part of Pat Riley's postgame news conference when a fan with a beer-filled cup in his hand asked the Knicks coach, "If O.J. cuts left instead of right, do you think he makes it?"

Van Gundy:

That summer, Pat Riley always went back out to LA. He had a house there. And he ran into the driver of the car, A.C. Cowlings, at a car wash. They both were getting their cars detailed, and A.C. Cowlings knew Coach Riley peripherally, waved him over and proceeded to tell them the story of why they were driving so slow was, O.J. wanted them to hear the end of the game on the radio before he pulled in. And when Coach Riley told us that story, I was mesmerized by what really goes on. I could just see him having the gun to his head, saying, “Turn up the radio, A.C., so I can hear the last few minutes.”

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Watched the ESPN 30 for 30 Doco again last night. It's rather obvious to anyone with half a brain that OJ did it. I'm guessing even his defence team knew he did it. All they did was find a way to put doubt into the minds of a predominantly black jury - they played the race card and played it well. The prosecution felt they had an open and shut case and they did.. but they made some poor errors. Fuhrman didn't help them or trying the glove on. Regardless he was 100% guilty.

All these years later it's interesting to read that most black Americans now feel he is guilty. A lot of OJ's friends at the time have nothing to do with him now. He ruined a lot of relationship as well killing Nicole and Ronald.

Has anyone read Mike Gilbert (OJ's agent) book? - How I helped OJ Get Away with Murder. Might be worth a read.

It's a great documentary worth seeing if you haven't. You really feel the pain of the Brown and Goldman families who just wanted justice and instead got a 24/7 drama series during and after the trial. Good on Fred Goldman for pursuing OJ. Feel for Nicole and OJ's kids. What must they think?

Now OJ's out of jail of course he can continue the search for the killers :) Won't find much evidence on the golf courses and bars I'm thinking!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Finished the series and got curious so you tubed part of actual trial. Whole thing is a circus but ironically I'd go with the criminal and civil verdicts. As in I think he did it. On the balance of probs yep most likely.
However beyond reasonable doubt. The glove does it. Watch the actual trial it doesn't fit. It is too small. Not shrunk from blood or tests or arthritis meds but it's like a woman's size.
Also the dodgy collection of evidence creates doubt.
I could buy the covering from his son as a possible scenario

Imo likely he did it 75% he covered 20% a random 5%

Vincent Hanna

Premium Platinum
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
I once (along with most) thought that OJ was guilty and got away with murder, until I read a book called Pursuit of Exhibit 35 In the OJ Simpson Murder Case and its Hidden Secrets by T.H Johnson. Exhibit #35 was the Browns' (Nicole's parents) phone records, in a nutshell not only did the police plant so much evidence at the scene and OJ's Rockingham estate, they fabricated evidence, discounted evidence that didn't fit with OJ as the perp and a whole bunch of other shady af carry-on.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
The glove stuff IMO was rubbish and I'm more than surprised the prosecution didn't make more of it. Ever tried putting a leather glove on over the top of a rubber one? Ever tried putting a leather glove on over sweaty, swollen hands, as Simpson's most likely would have been? Ever tried clenching your hand and trying not to put a glove on? Go and try it.

Vincent Hanna

Premium Platinum
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
The glove stuff IMO was rubbish and I'm more than surprised the prosecution didn't make more of it. Ever tried putting a leather glove on over the top of a rubber one? Ever tried putting a leather glove on over sweaty, swollen hands, as Simpson's most likely would have been? Ever tried clenching your hand and trying not to put a glove on? Go and try it.

The were planted (Furhman), the pathologist at trail stated the cut on OJ's finger was most likey a "finger nail gouge" as Brown or Goldman fought with him. How is that possible if he was wearing the gloves? Also, the defence was clearly (not challenged by prosecution) that OJ's finger was not cut when he arrived in Chicago that night, he was seen by several people (hotel staff, drivers, public) and it was clear he wasn't bleeding or even wearing a band aide.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
The were planted (Furhman), the pathologist at trail stated the cut on OJ's finger was most likey a "finger nail gouge" as Brown or Goldman fought with him. How is that possible if he was wearing the gloves? Also, the defence was clearly (not challenged by prosecution) that OJ's finger was not cut when he arrived in Chicago that night, he was seen by several people (hotel staff, drivers, public) and it was clear he wasn't bleeding or even wearing a band aide.
There may well have been planted evidence, I'm just talking about the glove. The glove obviously came off at some point so that'd be how there might have been a fingernail gouge. Also, I've just been changing a car tyre (first time ever, hell of a job) and have a couple of cuts to show for it but after washing my hands there's no blood or bandaid.

OJ's explanation for the cut on his finger is really simple:
  • "I don't know"
  • "I broke a glass in Chicago"
  • "It happened at the house, I was just running around"
  • "I play golf and stuff, so there's always nicks and stuff here and there"
Those are quotes from his first interview with police, which can be heard in the video below. At 14:50 he even says "I recall bleeding at my house" before leaving for the airport.

That's just one of the questions in the interview for which he gave multiple answers. Another example, "when did you last drive the Bronco yesterday?" Answers: "In the morning," "in the afternoon," "around 8pm."

But let's focus on the Brown's phone records, because that's the hot lead. Not the confession of a terrible dumber-than-he-realises liar who describes a "hypothetical" by saying stuff like "I don't recall" and "I do remember that."

Vincent Hanna

Premium Platinum
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
OJ's explanation for the cut on his finger is really simple:
  • "I don't know"
  • "I broke a glass in Chicago"
  • "It happened at the house, I was just running around"
  • "I play golf and stuff, so there's always nicks and stuff here and there"
Those are quotes from his first interview with police, which can be heard in the video below. At 14:50 he even says "I recall bleeding at my house" before leaving for the airport.

That's just one of the questions in the interview for which he gave multiple answers. Another example, "when did you last drive the Bronco yesterday?" Answers: "In the morning," "in the afternoon," "around 8pm."

But let's focus on the Brown's phone records, because that's the hot lead. Not the confession of a terrible dumber-than-he-realises liar who describes a "hypothetical" by saying stuff like "I don't recall" and "I do remember that."

The Brown phone records are vital. Are you aware that the Browns first stated (the morning after the crime) that Nicole was on the phone with her mother up to apx 11pm? They were adamant on this until a whole week after the crime when Mr Brown took himself to the PD and changed the time to apx 9:30-9:45pm. Which can only mean one thing logically, the cops first accepted this until they spoke with OJ and realised the timeline didn't fit their theory (OJ left his house for the airport just after 11pm) so they put pressure on the Browns to bring that time forward. Once the time was changed, Mr Brown then claimed he made the trip from the restaurant to their house in 1hr and 5min when it was a 90 minute trip. In the pre-trial hearings, both the prosecution and OJ's team argued over this for hours before they settled on a time of 9:47pm which they both knew was ludicrous.

OJ's explanation for the cuts really don't bother me, he knew the cops were going to try and stich him up, he also possibly knew who was involved and wasn't sure exactly what his story should be. Bottom line is until that phone call time was changed, it was impossible for OJ to have committed the crime (regardless of what a sh..bag he is.)

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He has admitted he did it to half a dozen people. What more do you want? "If she hadn't opened the door with a knife she would still be alive"

Repulsive human who has murdered his wife (bashed her many times perviously ) an innocent man and ruined the lives of many people.

Now he is on social media giving his views on George Floyd. Pure evil man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back