OKFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's not kid ourselves here, Greta are in the game against decent teams when that team is not switched on. soon as the better team switches on Greta look about as good as they are, average/irelavant. Stopping thinking you are something your not. ‍♂️

Let's not kid ourselves here, Greta are in the game against decent teams when that team is not switched on. soon as the better team switches on Greta look about as good as they are, average/irelavant. Stopping thinking you are something your not. ‍♂️
I'd suggest as a Hawthorn supporter you're fast becoming familiar with the word "irrelevent".
But based on performances so far the Blues are in the middle bunch & nothing more. Milawa at home in a fortnight will be interesting though because they're not travelling much better.

We think we are a team that's somewhere in the middle of the ladder, is that not what we are?
Judging by your logic there is only 1 or 2 relevant teams in the comp, the rest of us irrelevant clubs might aswell shut up shop and go home hey.

Gysberts going back to Norwood in the EFL, so we won't be seeing him at Glenrowan.

Glenrowan must get Duffy and Scott back shortly? they would be hoping to start to get the ball rolling at some point soon. Only 10 points over the Valley. It is always hard to win up there but Valley probably should have won it. They were in front for most of the day. Class eventually prevailed but Glenrowan should be putting those teams to the sword. Even with the players they have out. They just not playing very good football at the moment.

Glenrowan must get Duffy and Scott back shortly? they would be hoping to start to get the ball rolling at some point soon. Only 10 points over the Valley. It is always hard to win up there but Valley probably should have won it. They were in front for most of the day. Class eventually prevailed but Glenrowan should be putting those teams to the sword. Even with the players they have out. They just not playing very good football at the moment.

JFC - this is getting bloody dull. We have just had a round where Greta (7th) may have lost their shot at finals, 2 undefeated sides (Bats, AB's) were challenged all day by two sides fighting for top 4 (Milawa, Moyhu). Surely we can talk about that???

Reality is we aren't good enough when we don't being 100% intensity and effort.
Our best is good enough to push the GBats, Glenrowans etc but obviously when we are not at our best we have dropped s couple that we shouldn't have.

Out of interest who do you follow?

Just a fan of the game, don't really have interest in any particular club. Just be happy to see anyone but the Kelly tigers get up this year

JFC - this is getting bloody dull. We have just had a round where Greta (7th) may have lost their shot at finals, 2 undefeated sides (Bats, AB's) were challenged all day by two sides fighting for top 4 (Milawa, Moyhu). Surely we can talk about that???

Did the bats and benalla have full strength sides last week or did they rest a few?

Will be interesting after the next three rounds after everyone plays each other to see where sides sit.
I do find the talk about Glenrowan interesting as they are still finding a way to win.

Did the bats and benalla have full strength sides last week or did they rest a few?

Will be interesting after the next three rounds after everyone plays each other to see where sides sit.
I do find the talk about Glenrowan interesting as they are still finding a way to win.

Blacks had 3 key players out injured and lost 2 more before 1/2 time. Having said that tho, Moyhu were very hard to shake off and their pressure around the contest was good

This weeks tips
All Blacks v Tarra - Dogs to flex their muscle and go 8-0 by 45pts

Bonnie Doon v Bright- the Doon by under 2 goals

Glenrowan v Moyhu- tigers by 22

GBat v Nth Wang- Bats by 100

Greta Milawa- tipping my mob because we need to win this one.

Valley v Whorouly- valley by 4 goals.

This weeks tips
All Blacks v Tarra - Dogs to flex their muscle and go 8-0 by 45pts

Bonnie Doon v Bright- the Doon by under 2 goals

Glenrowan v Moyhu- tigers by 22

GBat v Nth Wang- Bats by 100

Greta Milawa- tipping my mob because we need to win this one.

Valley v Whorouly- valley by 4 goals.

Was talking to a bloke on a building site today. He said tarra have a lot out for the next couple of weeks. No Hearne, Neave, Solimo, Salmon, Canny, Hoggan and Raven. Wonder if they go a bit better with a lot of good players out. If they still beat blacks comfortably then they proving how much above everyone they are

Was talking to a bloke on a building site today. He said tarra have a lot out for the next couple of weeks. No Hearne, Neave, Solimo, Salmon, Canny, Hoggan and Raven. Wonder if they go a bit better with a lot of good players out. If they still beat blacks comfortably then they proving how much above everyone they are

Canny is done for the season so cross him off the list.
I have heard hearne may have injured his hand, and Kyle Raven injured his knee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was that little bloke with the rusty hair that smiles a lot he'd be fibbing. Looks like it must be next week that they're all unavailable lol.

Time for everyone mid season thoughts.

IMHO at the 1/2 way mark there are a few certainties at the top of the ladder - the big questions will be the make up of 5 and 6 and who will finish second.

After Saturday I think we can all pop Tarra into 1st - their percentage is so high that the only way they'd be knocked off is by Goorambat. The Bats have been substandard against the 3 worst sides in the last 3 rounds.

The next 2 spots will be taken by the Bats and Benalla - they are playing this week. I'd guess that the winner will be getting 2nd spot at seasons end.

Next will be Glenrowan - who have a big enough gap (both in the ladder and ability) to keep ahead of 5th and 6th, but too far to climb to get into 3rd.

The interesting equation is 5-7.

I have had a look at the all of the matches and Milawa have the hardest run (Benella Glenrowa and Tarra will be losses, The Doon is a risky one) - King Valley and Moyhu are there to pounce. That said neither Moyhu or KV have a good percentage - and that may cost them a finals spot.

So - huge hatch this week between KV and Milawa then Round 14 Moyhu V KV, and Round 15 Milawa V Moyhu.

Hi all, been offline for a while but what i cant understand is tarrawingee stooping to glenrowans level and flying andrew 'the difference' james in from the pilbara. Whats going on there?

Time for everyone mid season thoughts.

IMHO at the 1/2 way mark there are a few certainties at the top of the ladder - the big questions will be the make up of 5 and 6 and who will finish second.

After Saturday I think we can all pop Tarra into 1st - their percentage is so high that the only way they'd be knocked off is by Goorambat. The Bats have been substandard against the 3 worst sides in the last 3 rounds.

The next 2 spots will be taken by the Bats and Benalla - they are playing this week. I'd guess that the winner will be getting 2nd spot at seasons end.

Next will be Glenrowan - who have a big enough gap (both in the ladder and ability) to keep ahead of 5th and 6th, but too far to climb to get into 3rd.

The interesting equation is 5-7.

I have had a look at the all of the matches and Milawa have the hardest run (Benella Glenrowa and Tarra will be losses, The Doon is a risky one) - King Valley and Moyhu are there to pounce. That said neither Moyhu or KV have a good percentage - and that may cost them a finals spot.

So - huge hatch this week between KV and Milawa then Round 14 Moyhu V KV, and Round 15 Milawa V Moyhu.
saw the bats first hand sat wasnt impressed at all talking to nolan they had 3 keys out and that was it so be interesting what happens this week maybe the doon might sneak into finals spot both moyhu and king valley are just im tipping tarra and glenrowen gf now slim boy

Hi all, been offline for a while but what i cant understand is tarrawingee stooping to glenrowans level and flying andrew 'the difference' james in from the pilbara. Whats going on there?

Was he the fat fella wearing no.42 in the scrubbers

Last edited:
Round of the season this week with 4 of the 6 games vital for the end of season make up.

Only Glenrowan V Bright and Tarrawingee vs Greta are easy to predict. Glenrowan by 80, tarra by 120.

Goorambat vs Benalla is massive and could well decide who gets 2nd spot for the finals. I'm predicting Benalla; the bats just haven't' looked the goods for the last 3 rounds.

Moyhu vs Bonnie Doon and Milawa vs King Valley may decided who finishes 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th. I'm picking two block busters with BD and KV prevailing by a kick each.

Even North Wangaratta vs Whorouly could be interesting - this will be North Wangs only chance for a win this season. It has been 700 days since their last win - I wonder if anyone remembers the song. North Wang by 20 points.

Round of the season this week with 4 of the 6 games vital for the end of season make up.

Only Glenrowan V Bright and Tarrawingee vs Greta are easy to predict. Glenrowan by 80, tarra by 120.

Goorambat vs Benalla is massive and could well decide who gets 2nd spot for the finals. I'm predicting Benalla; the bats just haven't' looked the goods for the last 3 rounds.

Moyhu vs Bonnie Doon and Milawa vs King Valley may decided who finishes 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th. I'm picking two block busters with BD and KV prevailing by a kick each.

Even North Wangaratta vs Whorouly could be interesting - this will be North Wangs only chance for a win this season. It has been 700 days since their last win - I wonder if anyone remembers the song. North Wang by 20 points.
it was sung with gusto last week slimboy

Glenrowan by 60 over Bright
Tarrawingee to beat Greta
Goorambat will go down to Benalla by 23
Moyhu will lose to Bonnie Doon by 14 Milawa over King Valley by 45
North Wangaratta vs Whorouly lions by 35

Said it before but I saw Glenrowan absolutely thump Bright today but there was 4 or 5 seniors players for Bright running around in the twos. Very poor from them unless the coach isn't picking them for some reason. Beating up on sides in the twos and letting the seniors get a flogging. Very Ordinary I think

Horror day for Goorambat. Cole, Dalton and Webb all done by halftime. Skilbeck injured in the third and Relf sent off meant they only had 16 on the ground. And McKean hurt his hand in the last. Lucky they're only playing Tarra next week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back