OKFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Kris Zane play in the twos this week?
Right time of the year to get a talent like that back on the park. If he gets close to the form he was hitting in O&M before doing his knee, poor old Glenrowan will be in for a shock..

Didnt see him on the park in either grades, didnt even see him at the ground! But there was a lad in the early game they were calling boris? Moved the ball well but couldnt kick over a jam tin

Did Kris Zane play in the twos this week?
Right time of the year to get a talent like that back on the park. If he gets close to the form he was hitting in O&M before doing his knee, poor old Glenrowan will be in for a shock..

Zane didn't play, but is expected to have a run with the twos either this week or next. Probably a bit unrealistic to expect anything close to his best form though. But stranger things have happened.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the 3 game qualifying rule is a total joke, and is being totally abused this year. Surely 1/3 of the season (6 games) should be the minimum. (It is worse in Talangatta - just 2 games)

The fact Zaney is in the UK (Northampton) competing in some strongman comp probably adds a bit to these conspiracy theories.
He also heard a 'pop' in his knee while warming up so that doesn't bode well for him considering he hasn't played a game in well over a year.

Thats unfortunate for the lad. Wouldnt wish that on anyone.
He did appear to be abit of a finals wildcard, seems that is not to be if your usually astute information is on the money again Curry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the 3 game qualifying rule is a total joke, and is being totally abused this year. Surely 1/3 of the season (6 games) should be the minimum. (It is worse in Talangatta - just 2 games)

Not sure where you get your mail, but it's actually 5 games in Tallangatta League...

IMHO there are only 2 games this weekend that will be a certainty: Tarrra against Milawa and Moyhu against Whorouly.

I'd love to see Benalla get up over Glenrowan - (Is anyone prepared to pick the AB's)? It would be great to see this as a 3 horse race, but really I think Glenrowan will take it out by 3 goals.

For the rest of the games I am picking the lower side.
Greta over the hapless Bats
Bonnie Doon over King Valley
and
North Wangaratta against Bright (seriously, I don't think it'll happen, but they deserve it and Bright are now stacking their 2's, so Bright really don't deserve it).

Any final scores? Tarra were average against a spirited Milawa, but lead at every change. Milawa looked good in the 3rd quarter, but were out classed when it came to the crunch. Tarra by about 4 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back