OKFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure you can seriously take a dig at Tarra or Milawa and the way they have spend money v success.

Perhaps your not a long time supporter of the league so I'll help you out with some history.

2007/8 Tarra recruited well from O&M
2008/9 Milawa did the same.

In the decade since both clubs have played finals and finished top 4 every year with the exception of perhaps one or two years.

Tarra 2 flags 3 x R/ups
Milawa 2 flags 5 x R/ups

Tigers have been strong for 4 years but let's not forget where they were from 2008-2012 when comparing clubs.
Glenrowan is the club that everyone digs at mate every year for 5 years... I applaud tarra and miliwas past success they are power clubs of the league but they fly under the radar regarding paying players where glenrowan has rumours made up every year to the point players where getting blocks of land and holiday houses what a joke...But like everything in life when your at the top everyone below wants your spot and will never accept your success until they have it...

Well please explain to me how you finished on the bottom of the ladder in 2012, winless and about to fold, to then recruiting 20 plus players the next year and making the grandfinal? Then proceeding to pick up another 5-10 the following year. Don't dribble me crap about "a group of mates wanting to play together and help a struggling club out" either. You have also forgotten the valuable contributions that both tarra and milawa have made to improve their clubs outside of just a senior footy team, upgraded netball courts, change rooms ect...

Blocks of land and holiday houses are on the lower end of the spectrum of rumours that have been circulating.

Holiday house $500k a block of land $150-200k... why go through all the professionalism of AFL when you get more at glenrowan.... dick heads actually post s**t like this what sort of weirdo would contemplate posting that
Well please explain to me how you finished on the bottom of the ladder in 2012, winless and about to fold, to then recruiting 20 plus players the next year and making the grandfinal? Then proceeding to pick up another 5-10 the following year. Don't dribble me crap about "a group of mates wanting to play together and help a struggling club out" either. You have also forgotten the valuable contributions that both tarra and milawa have made to improve their clubs outside of just a senior footy team, upgraded netball courts, change rooms ect...
senior footballers in 2013:
Nige robbo
Matt robbo
Rory Cunningham
Mitch Potts
Gus grey
Scott Bradley
Jordan Bradley
Nathan Carroll
Grantham
Munro
Cohen
Sussyer

Reserves players
Trent white cross
Simon smith
Luke rosser
Josh heatheringron
Dean gladman ( hadn't played footy for 4 years
Richard castles
Jeremy meek
David groves played 2"s for tallahatta
James booth
Jake burdurn barley played footy in his life

That team from 2013 that spanked tarra by ten goals in the prelim with half a team that wouldn't come close to making the top 3 teams senior team now got to a grand final.... who were the big stars cohen came for nothing because he was a family friend of the mcphails and if I remember correctly someone posted early days the Corowa boys we picked up were a bag of spuds... they played with reserve grade footballers all year and still made the granny when you look at that list it is embarrassing for the established clubs especially where glenrowan had to come from and who with... don't talk about upgrading facilities peanut glenrowan tried to and was knocked back

. don't talk about upgrading facilities peanut glenrowan tried to and was knocked back

The away rooms didn't even have seats when we played there. Hope that wasn't the upgrade that got knocked back!

Holiday house $500k a block of land $150-200k... why go through all the professionalism of AFL when you get more at glenrowan.... dick heads actually post s**t like this what sort of weirdo would contemplate posting that

Nige robbo
Matt robbo
Rory Cunningham
Mitch Potts
Gus grey
Scott Bradley
Jordan Bradley
Nathan Carroll
Grantham
Munro
Cohen
Sussyer

Reserves players
Trent white cross
Simon smith
Luke rosser
Josh heatheringron
Richard castles
Jeremy meek
James booth

That team from 2013 that spanked tarra by ten goals in the prelim with half a team that wouldn't come close to making the top 3 teams senior team now got to a grand final.... who were the big stars cohen came for nothing because he was a family friend of the mcphails and if I remember correctly someone posted early days the Corowa boys we picked up were a bag of spuds... they played with reserve grade footballers all year and still made the granny when you look at that list it is embarrassing for the established clubs especially where glenrowan had to come from and who with... don't talk about upgrading facilities peanut glenrowan tried to and was knocked back

Did you ever think Nige that people might be winding you up???

I thought i was being pretty diplomatic about what is being said outside the club to be honest...

Mate you have no idea, just another typical glenrowan player/supporter who thinks what his club has done should be praised and it's a miracle that it has all turned out the way it has.

Incase you didn't already notice the points system/salary cap is only new to ovens and king, a few years too late in my opinion. Glenrowan probably will have money left at the end of the season, because aslong as you keep winning flags, your sponsors will keep putting up money and your players will keep travelling back to enjoy that great culture[/QUOTE

Seats!
I think the umpires don't even have a room? Much less a shower.
How about the net ballers? How are their facilities?
Grants have been given to tarra, Benalla etc. glenrowan has worked hard in that area I believe making a deal with council to share funds for new netball courts, change rooms, kitchen and drainage for the ground... commencement next year

Grants have been given to tarra, Benalla etc. glenrowan has worked hard in that area I believe making a deal with council to share funds for new netball courts, change rooms, kitchen and drainage for the ground... commencement next year

How much is the grant? Must be upwards of $500,000? To get rooms, courts, ground and kitchen done. Cash contribution/in kind for the club would be something around $100k to that much surely?
Well done to the team at tiger land for getting that happening if true.

I'm not aware of Benalla getting any grants. Everything being done around here is driven and mostly paid for by the club with minimal financial help from the UFS Committee of Management and minor contributions from elsewhere.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't try telling us all these blokes have come to Glenrowan just because they wanted to help out your President has told a number of people that they spent over $90k last year and that is down on previous year , he was one that was happy with having a salary cap to get there player payments down.
As for your Facilities maybe the club could spend some of there money on that instead of players, yes the following clubs have received grants but you find Tarra - Milawa - KV - Bright - Whorouly have put a lot of there own money in over a number of years to improve there facilities Glenrowan has not done one thing

Nige robbo
Matt robbo
Rory Cunningham
Mitch Potts
Gus grey
Scott Bradley
Jordan Bradley
Nathan Carroll
Grantham
Munro
Cohen
Sussyer

Reserves players
Trent white cross
Simon smith
Luke rosser
Josh heatheringron
Richard castles
Jeremy meek
James booth

Don't try telling us all these blokes have come to Glenrowan just because they wanted to help out your President has told a number of people that they spent over $90k last year and that is down on previous year , he was one that was happy with having a salary cap to get there player payments down.
As for your Facilities maybe the club could spend some of there money on that instead of players, yes the following clubs have received grants but you find Tarra - Milawa - KV - Bright - Whorouly have put a lot of there own money in over a number of years to improve there facilities Glenrowan has not done one thing

I think Greta have spent approx $50-60k plus a similar amount of in-kind labour/materials donated in the last 4 years to do up their Netball court, changerooms, scoreboard, built some new storage etc. Government and state grants would make up the other $150k that was needed.

Sorry missed Greta that make 6 clubs that are willing to put money back into the community facilities But not Glenrowan they would rather give all there money to players that don't put anything back into there community

I think Greta have spent approx $50-60k plus a similar amount of in-kind labour/materials donated in the last 4 years to do up their Netball court, changerooms, scoreboard, built some new storage etc. Government and state grants would make up the other $150k that was needed.

So what's everyone's tip this week?

Bats and Glenrowan could be interesting - how far have these teams fallen / risen in the last month? Glenrowans amazing cIlture will get them over the line by 3 goals.

Milawa v Moyhu could also be interesting - Moyhu by 2 points.

All the other games will be miserable, cold and very windy.

M

Bats and Glenrowan could be interesting - how far have these teams fallen / risen in the last month? Glenrowans amazing cIlture will get them over the line by 3 goals.

Milawa v Moyhu could also be interesting - Moyhu by 2 points.

All the other games will be miserable, cold and very windy.

M

Wow Goorambat have really slipped in the second half of the year and Glenrowan keep building! 27 goal thumping

How about Greta put some shelter somewhere for people to stand when its wet

well i reckon its down to a 3 horse race and im naming the tigers as favorites fresh peaking at the right time im really thinking they can win it seeing tarra first hand sat i think they are just going lacking a bit in the ruck backline not spot on and few injury worrys and the benalla boys are they in the same vote??? cant see anyone else challenging that top 3

Did Kris Zane play in the twos this week?
Right time of the year to get a talent like that back on the park. If he gets close to the form he was hitting in O&M before doing his knee, poor old Glenrowan will be in for a shock..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back