OKFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Although given that it's a dead rubber I wouldn't be terribly surprised if players were rested on either side. No one wants to lose, but you'd rather lose the match than lose a star player to injury. And you might want to keep a few things up your sleeve for the grand final.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't go past Karl can you?

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Normo will be right up there, but Nick Lawrence should also poll very well. I think Josh Owen is a genuine chance, and Kaine Herbert will also poll well, but I don't think he'll win. Hoggan a chance too. I'd be willing to bet that Lachie Raven will be leading up til he got injured.

Lachie Raven has missed too many and Hugh and Jack Amery wont get enough (because they had to share it around with Raven for 12 rounds).
What is the story with Jacka, I noticed that he didn't play on the weekend, is he injured?
Hansted has played all year and has been very consistent.
Glenn Wyatt is hard to miss (helmet and all), hasn't missed a game, he also shouldn't have lots of competition. Not too sure if umpires like hard, aggressive no nonsense players but?

Lachie Raven has missed too many and Hugh and Jack Amery wont get enough (because they had to share it around with Raven for 12 rounds).
What is the story with Jacka, I noticed that he didn't play on the weekend, is he injured?
Hansted has played all year and has been very consistent.
Glenn Wyatt is hard to miss (helmet and all), hasn't missed a game, he also shouldn't have lots of competition. Not too sure if umpires like hard, aggressive no nonsense players but?

Jacka has OP. I doubt he'll play until finals.

I know North Wang haven't won a game but Jy Farrer might be a bolter early on. Will fade once it got cold tho!

Heard yesterday that Glenrowan are paying for L Reynolds return flights from Darwin to play this weekend!
Hopefully that's placed in there salary cap.

Anyone picking Tarra?

Glenrowan by 4 goals
Bats by a kick
KV, Benella and Milawa - all by 55
Moyhu by 160

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With 2 rounds left, has anyone got a prediction on the Baker medal. A lot of guys have missed games thru injury etc.
My top two vote getters from each club:

Tarra - L Raven & Hoggan
Glen - Norman & M Robbo
Blacks - R Moran & Jacka
Milawa - Wyatt & Owen
GBat- Symes & Gladstone
Moyhu - Smith & Wilson

Greta - Dube & B Graham
BD - Herbert & Williams
KV - Bradley & Williams
Whorouly - Charleston & Glanville
Bright - S Nightingale & Lebish
NW - Jy Farrer & M Powell

My pick for the top 3 on the night..
1) Norman
2) Raven
3) R Moran, Owen, Hoggan 3 way tie for third.

Anyone picking Tarra?

Glenrowan by 4 goals
Bats by a kick
KV, Benella and Milawa - all by 55
Moyhu by 160

Apart from KV, which you were way off with, your other margins were all very close to the mark! Just BD by a kick rather than the Bats. Buggered if I know why you would have tipped KV to win by any margin though.

Apart from KV, which you were way off with, your other margins were all very close to the mark! Just BD by a kick rather than the Bats. Buggered if I know why you would have tipped KV to win by any margin though.

I picked the Valley because Bright are actively stacking their reserves side - got it wrong but. The scores aren't on the website, and I can't remember the final margin.

Is there a story in the goings on at Goorambat? It looks like they showed up at Tarra in round 11, and said 'F*** it boys, the season's over'!

I picked the Valley because Bright are actively stacking their reserves side - got it wrong but. The scores aren't on the website, and I can't remember the final margin.

Is there a story in the goings on at Goorambat? It looks like they showed up at Tarra in round 11, and said 'F*** it boys, the season's over'!

Story is that they just have no depth. Injuries to about half their senior side since the Benalla game and there is nothing there to cover the gaps.

I picked the Valley because Bright are actively stacking their reserves side...

This perception that Bright is "actively stacking" its reserves is incorrect. The club wants those blokes playing seniors and they actually had a meeting about it a few weeks back calling on players to step up. It is an issue of players not wanting to train and play seniors.

This perception that Bright is "actively stacking" its reserves is incorrect. The club wants those blokes playing seniors and they actually had a meeting about it a few weeks back calling on players to step up. It is an issue of players not wanting to train and play seniors.

Nonch. Heard there was an all in after the siren at the 3rds Milawa Saturday.? Over the last kick for goal it seems. Umpires, one male , one female , both quite young. Not just in the western suburbs ot seems.

Bit late in the season to have that meeting. I guess if you make a rule of if you don't train you don't play seniors there is always going to be players that want to test and push the boundaries!

1 eye on the prize, Nice attempt at sensationalism. Drawing a comparison with what happenend in Melb is just crap.There was 2 young umpires officiating at the game who did a fantastic job and were never in any danger. Yes there was a melee which dispersed pretty quickly but not an all in.

On the subject of young umpires we've had acouple this year who have been fairly good. Hopefully that's looking good for the future as far as umpires go.

1 eye on the prize, Nice attempt at sensationalism. Drawing a comparison with what happenend in Melb is just crap.There was 2 young umpires officiating at the game who did a fantastic job and were never in any danger. Yes there was a melee which dispersed pretty quickly but not an all in.

On the subject of young umpires we've had acouple this year who have been fairly good. Hopefully that's looking good for the future as far as umpires go.

I think even calling it a "melee" is being overly generous Slim. A push and shove would have been the best way to describe it I would have thought. Yes, both umpires were close by as they were obviously keeping an eye on things. For the record I thought both umpires did a great job!

I think even calling it a "melee" is being overly generous Slim. A push and shove would have been the best way to describe it I would have thought. Yes, both umpires were close by as they were obviously keeping an eye on things. For the record I thought both umpires did a great job!

No reports laid, and all a bit of a storm in a teacup according to league management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back