Old School Footy Theme Music...

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant quite remember (might be via old ABC?) but im sure the song playing in the background when they used to do around the ground scores was right of the tip of my tongue

Cant quite remember (might be via old ABC?) but im sure the song playing in the background when they used to do around the ground scores was right of the tip of my tongue
That was used on Channel 7, usually on a Sunday when they would show a replay after the live game (normally in Sydney or Brisbane).

They also used Hunters & Collectors' "Do you see what I see".

Brings back a lot of great memories. My all-time favourite footy song is "(That's) The thing about football" by Greg Champion, it's still buried somewhere in one of my Spotify playlists!

That was used on Channel 7, usually on a Sunday when they would show a replay after the live game (normally in Sydney or Brisbane).

They also used Hunters & Collectors' "Do you see what I see".

Brings back a lot of great memories. My all-time favourite footy song is "(That's) The thing about football" by Greg Champion, it's still buried somewhere in one of my Spotify playlists!

The 90's had some ripping themes.

The Thing About Football was just fabulous. Honourable mention to it's direct pre-decessor, 'The name of the game'

Rockin Footy from the late 90's was pretty solid as well

The updated 1999 Friday Night Footy variant

Fox footy just had an intro theme song to tonight's Thursday night game. Whilst the graphics and production were good. The song choice was terrible no idea who the band was or what they were singing but it didn't match the intro and doesn't seem like a footy type of song. Has anyone else seen this?

Fox footy just had an intro theme song to tonight's Thursday night game. Whilst the graphics and production were good. The song choice was terrible no idea who the band was or what they were singing but it didn't match the intro and doesn't seem like a footy type of song. Has anyone else seen this?
Was it this one (NRL version posted)? The band is Young Royals.

Fox has been doing this for a couple of years now across NRL and AFL where they get a band or singer to record a performance. Both codes use it with their own highlights. Baker Boy was another

The 90's had some ripping themes.

The Thing About Football was just fabulous. Honourable mention to it's direct pre-decessor, 'The name of the game'

Rockin Footy from the late 90's was pretty solid as well

The updated 1999 Friday Night Footy variant

Rockin' footy or whatever it was in 1998-99 got a bit cringey at the end

Although I guess 'Rockin through to the millennium' was considered edgy at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back