Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem for corowa could be come June 30 if their on field results are constant 20 goal thumpings. They need to be competitive, why they played a Tallangatta club is beyond me, with their playing surface and location, they could get clubs around the state to come and play. They should be playing a murray league club at least in ability. How these guys gel together is another thing. The problem is the lack of talk between clubs in the cluster really, why aren't they working together instead of against one another. I'm really surprised no tv network or production company has picked up and done a doco on the club, similar to wrexham, I think it'd get quite the followers.

I don't even think Geoffrey would want the worst for corowa this season, anyone who likes their footy wants them to continue

Too little too late from the Horse, Albury will be 12 goals up and then take the foot off the pedal at half time, orders from the league. No one wants to see Corowa’s spirit shattered in round one. Playing Mitta was idiotic, I hope an inflated sense of ability hasn’t been adopted.
Good to have you back BigLaz

Teams gallivanting a week out from the real thing, two words come to mind, foolish and disrespectful. I reckon 6:45pm Friday evening there’ll be a few gasping for air second guessing their choice to play on. The count down is on, no mercy will be shown.

28d4cd19c63189178bf4604b8f4adb43.jpg

I thought you was dead?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yarra
Magpies
Albury
Rovers
Wodonga
Myrtleford
North
Raiders
Lavi
Corowa

Morris- C.Moore & Ellis Yollman
Strang - C.Moore

Biggest headlines - Murray steps aside and rovers loose all their travellers for 2025
Corowa beat Lavington
Conlans back to Albury mid year
Moore or Williams to kick 20 against Corowa.

My biggest wish is for the gap to close between the top 4 and the bottom 6

Yarra
Magpies
Albury
Rovers
Wodonga
Myrtleford
North
Raiders
Lavi
Corowa

Morris- C.Moore & Ellis Yollman
Strang - C.Moore

Biggest headlines - Murray steps aside and rovers loose all their travellers for 2025
Corowa beat Lavington
Conlans back to Albury mid year
Moore or Williams to kick 20 against Corowa.

My biggest wish is for the gap to close between the top 4 and the bottom 6
I’m fascinated by this seeming obsession with Rover’s Melbourne based players. By my count it would include:

Murray, Catappan, Allison, O’Brien, Marklew, Stone, McCarthy, S Henderson, Wilson, McQuade

Of those names 6 are locals who have come up through the 3rds and progressed to senior footy, but live in Melbourne for work or study. Have I been in a coma where this has only just started happening in country footy and the Rover’s are at the vanguard?

Rovers supposedly have all of these travellers, yet still remain under the cap and abide by all of the moral standards country football need. How? Because the “travellers” are local blokes, who have skin in the game, not just dollars on their mind. Premierships are what it’s all about, I’d rather fall short than have one revoked for poor sportsmanship, but I’m old fashioned like that. 48 hours until business time, I’ll be sharpening the elbows in preparation.

Rovers supposedly have all of these travellers, yet still remain under the cap and abide by all of the moral standards country football need. How? Because the “travellers” are local blokes, who have skin in the game, not just dollars on their mind. Premierships are what it’s all about, I’d rather fall short than have one revoked for poor sportsmanship, but I’m old fashioned like that. 48 hours until business time, I’ll be sharpening the elbows in preparation.
LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone brave enough to predict the margin for the Albury Corowa match? Will Albury go for the jugular or take the boot of the throttle? Had a colleague liken Corowa to Wahgunyah’s situation on field which I vehemently disagreed with. The difference is, Corowa at least have a side full of footballers, Wahgunyah just scraped anyone that could stand upright off the street and threw a guernsey on them. Time will tell the disparity.

Magpies
Albury
Yarra
Rovers
Wodonga
North
Raiders
Lavi
Myrtleford
Corowa

Morris- Jack O'Sullivan
Strang - Leigh Williams

Biggest headlines - Yarrawonga fails to field a Thirds side.
Corowa comeback game results in a 30 goal loss

Anyone brave enough to predict the margin for the Albury Corowa match? Will Albury go for the jugular or take the boot of the throttle? Had a colleague liken Corowa to Wahgunyah’s situation on field which I vehemently disagreed with. The difference is, Corowa at least have a side full of footballers, Wahgunyah just scraped anyone that could stand upright off the street and threw a guernsey on them. Time will tell the disparity.
I can see your reasoning why taking the foot off the throttle would be a good look but with the top 3 or 4 sides so tight I think Albury will see a chance for an even bigger percentage boost before the grounds get wet and scoring becomes harder.

Roos by a Point after the siren

Remove this Banner Ad

Back