Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Overheard a couple gentlemen down the cricket mention that Rovers had 12 thirds/ ring ins play in the seconds praccy match. Obviously you rest afew in the top end of the list this time of year, but surely they didn't have that many out? Abit worrying when you add that to the rumours of Yarra being pretty light on in the bottom part of the squad.. Are the days of the seconds comp about cooked?
Seconds footy needs a total revamp to keep it going.
How it would work is anyone’s guess

Think it’s pretty common this time of year, blokes in the reserves are enjoying their life before they have to rock up each week and play for nothing.
Dedication is nothing like it used to be

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Roos are yet to announce a reserves coach which makes me think they’ll be forfeiting a lot of games this year. Round 1 they’ll be fine with a lot of ex players back in the area for Easter and will chuck a jumper on to help with numbers but following rounds they’ll struggle to fill a side especially if the rumours are true that they had to cancel a practice match with Lavington due to having no numbers 🤷‍♂️
And how is Rutherglen going , got coaches etc . The best thing there is the Eastern Palace

And how is Rutherglen going , got coaches etc . The best thing there is the Eastern Palace
All coaches announced before the end of last year beddy…. I’m more of a pastry’s man so I prefer Parker pies but each to their own. The succulent Chinese meals at eastern palace have dropped off over the years but unlike corowa atleast we have a Chinese eatery

All coaches announced before the end of last year beddy…. I’m more of a pastry’s man so I prefer Parker pies but each to their own. The succulent Chinese meals at eastern palace have dropped off over the years but unlike corowa atleast we have a Chinese eatery
The home made Dim s Sims are elite . See you Easter Monday

Overheard a couple gentlemen down the cricket mention that Rovers had 12 thirds/ ring ins play in the seconds praccy match. Obviously you rest afew in the top end of the list this time of year, but surely they didn't have that many out? Abit worrying when you add that to the rumours of Yarra being pretty light on in the bottom part of the squad.. Are the days of the seconds comp about cooked?
Pull a jumper on Gyv! And not the trendsetting Albion type you used to rock

Heard the same thing Gyv. However I believe that was against Albury when they were playing a 6 quarter game. Popped down to Cathedral on Saturday to see them play Mansfield and counted 10 blokes standing on the bench in the 2’s and maybe 7-8 during the Seniors so possibly had a few missing/away the previous week. At least I hope that’s the case.

I think Peta is bang on the money though. Hard gig to get numbers sometimes for praccy’s, but come the Thursday before round 1 and a lot of blokes are all of a sudden putting their hand up

Twos footy over the state is in trouble, clubs need to provide better incentives for guys to play, doesn't need to be financial
Agree,,,so many issues in todays world that are changing the face of country footy. Supply and demand ..
Has got to a stage where there are not enough players pulling on the boots and then there are just far to many clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prime playing for Phillip island Easter Saturday. Might have to go and see what all the hype’s about. Surprised he went there given the island’s all about the block at present

The Easter Bunny would provide more entertainment the next day than this bloke. Just wait for the Easter Egg hunt sunday and youll get more enjoyment for your time rather than wasting it .

Prime playing for Phillip island Easter Saturday. Might have to go and see what all the hype’s about. Surprised he went there given the island’s all about the block at present

That’s all it is hype

He’s just an “internet influencer” that kids are infatuated with for some reason but he’s not in my age demographic target group
So maybe I just don’t get it

Moral of the story is he’s a flog but seems to be good with the kids gives them his time after the games autographs n such

That’s all it is hype

He’s just an “internet influencer” that kids are infatuated with for some reason but he’s not in my age demographic target group
So maybe I just don’t get it

Moral of the story is he’s a flog but seems to be good with the kids gives them his time after the games autographs n such
Sounds like we need more Prime Trains in this world.

Honestly, why would they play Mitta? A TDFL side that didn’t even play finals last year from memory. What will Corowa’s numbers look like after Easter? 2 sides or just 1?

Kind of getting sick of the blokes on here potting anything Corowa does. How about some optimism. They are doing something massive putting an O&M club back together. I wish them nothing but the best for the year ahead, the league is better for having Corowa in it.

On CPH2065 using BigFooty.com mobile app

People only do it because it’s the easy thing to do.
Much easier than lending some support to a struggling club trying to get back amongst it. I’m looking forward to seeing them run out and play Albury next week, hope they have a fantastic day.
The weather will be great so should be a big day for all the locals and their friends and families.
Go Roos, welcome back!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back