FTA-TV On the Couch 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought last night's show was actually good.
Same here. Last week was absolute shyte so perhaps they are listening to feed back.

Wtf though does every show pump up the work experience journo so much. You'd think they had Woodward or Bernstein on the set. They add nothing.

Is Brown's forehead super small or does his hairline just cone down a ridiculous amount at the front? I swear his hairline and eyebrows are about to meet.

Out: King and Dunstall
In: Roos and Lyon

Glad to have Roos back (hanneberrys, kennedys, jacks, goodies), don't mind Lyon who is pretty good on Access All Areas. Good riddance to King, Dunstall was replaceable but still a loss.

Would prefer they just had Walls and Roos but this will do.
Robert Walls? You can not be serious. That man is an absolute dinosaur that should have been put out to pasture, the same way they have done it with Mark McClure. These guys are so far removed from the modern game they do not provide any real insight.

Is Brown's forehead super small or does his hairline just cone down a ridiculous amount at the front? I swear his hairline and eyebrows are about to meet.
More concerning for me is this bullshit tough guy crap he portrays every week.
Its old, its not entertaining, and it dosent suit the vibe of the show.
Leave it at home Browny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was Paul Roos crapping on about when they were talking about the poor skill level? That was a weird, rambling tangent.

Did he say there were 7-8 players on every AFL list who wouldn't have got a game for his Fitzroy U19 side?

LOL yeah I think he did. I think he was going for 7-8 players on each team who are too young / not good enough on each team.

With Lyon and Roos, it's become a Melbourne circle jerk.

'Let's drone on endlessly about the least successful team of the past 50 years, because you know, they might be turning the corner...maybe, perhaps...possibly. But, seriously, how ******* good are they...'

What's the go with Brown's obsession with Joe Daniher? I can't say I remember it, but did they have an onfield run-in in a game or something?

Brown seems to dream up some sort of criticism (and usually a very trivial one) of him in every second On The Couch show. And I can't ever recall watching an Essendon game, with Daniher playing and Brown commentating, where he doesn't seem to rip into him for something.

Last night, he criticised him for his body language, goalkicking and also found some footage of one supposedly poor attempt at a lead, and banged on about it as though it was one of the worst pieces of play of all time. (And it was doubtful it was all that bad anyway, or anything that you wouldn't see every forward do numerous times in every match.)

I think I was being too generous to Brown when I said he criticises Daniher in every second show.

He has rounded on him On The Couch after every single Essendon match since then (as well as during even those parts I happened to hear of the telecast of Haw v Ess on Saturday again).

I get that Daniher isn't playing very well at all atm, but this was going on last year, too. When he was in sensational form, and All Australian.

It's just downright weird IMO.

(EDIT: wasn't aware when I just posted that Daniher is out for several weeks now with injury. Hopefully, that will finally cause Brown to take a spell from ripping into him, but who knows? :huh:)

Last edited:
Looks like the On The Couch guys are fighting a PR battle against the Buckley / Clarkson camp with regard to the congestion issue, calling it nonsense to remove prior opportunity. They're so vociferous, makes me wonder if they're losing the battle. Roos, Healy, and Matthews for that matter, want the ball carrier given greater opportunity, which makes me wonder if they wear earplugs when they go to games. Do they not hear the crowd yell out ball 30 times a game? Here's how to relieve congestion: clamp down on throws, clamp down on 'in the back' in marking contests, stop giving the ball carrier 5 minutes to get rid of it, start paying incorrect disposal. In other words, umpire to the rule book, instead on being influenced year after year by so-called legends of the game. How can they be so out of step with what the fans want? What am I missing?

What? Have you ever watched classified? Lyon raises many topics that end up being talked about in the footy world. He was the first one to go hard on Naitanui for being over rated

Lyon only think Naitanui was overrated, to justify Melbourne picking Jack Watts ahead of him as the No. 1 Pick.

To rate Naitanui is Lyon admitting that Melbourne got it wrong.

The new foxfooty ad with mrs T dropping the hosts etc off....saw for first time last night. Is that brand new? Did lol when the Couchies (on the couch hosts) got out of the car and garry walked the wrong way only to be led the correct way by the others.

What's funniest with those "Mrs T" ads is that it shows her with her family watching Fox Sports at the end.

Wouldn't her husband then be "Mr T", yet I don't see a black guy with a mohawk and chains sitting on the couch with her family, and saying "I pity the fool who doesn't watch Fox Sports".

How has this thread got this many posts without someone asking why 2 men were taken off the show and neither of them are named Jonathon Brown?

Am I missing something?

Has Jonathan Brown put together a coherent sentence yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back