One bad characteristic of your favourite band

Remove this Banner Ad

Megadeth: Dave Mustaine is a phenominal songwriter, guitar player and thrash pioneer, but he is still one of the biggest knobs in metal.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the thread. Astounding band, total w***er though.

At The Drive-In - The most energetic band on stage that then walks off if the crowd starts to mosh. Also they were so crazy on stage that the music suffered a bit. Also broke up.

Live - Last album is one of the worst ever (birds of pray had atleast some good songs)

Pearl Jam - Binural and Riot Act.

Green Day - Good music, knobs nowadays.

Foo Fighters - last 3 albums shite compared to first 3.

Oasis - be here now and sotsog and to a lesser extent heathen chemistry.

Kings of Leon - too focused on their appearance, are so cool they look like tryhards.

Not my favorite band, but I am still thrashing their last album. But I absolutely agree with the above. WTF are they thinking? Almost turned me off them when I saw the clip for 'On Call'. Benders.

Tool - Lazy ****ers.

Soundgarden - Was there a producer's strike at the time of recording Badmotorfinger?

Alice In Chains - Smack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this on another board thought it would be interesting topic.

Nine Inch Nails - Lyrics are pretty average sometimes, and Trent rarely plays his best material live.

Good god, Trent is a writer first and foremost, his lyrics are what got me into the band in the first place!

I could quote any of this songs as an example!

Without his distinctive and thought provoking lyrics they would be just another no name band.

Guns N Roses - Axl ruined the greatest band.
I dont know much about Guns n Roses and i cbf downloading songs, but i always see posts saying that they are a could've been band and are real under acvievers and didnt live up to their hype. People, feel free to tell me where they went wrong and other relevant stuff.

At The Drive-In - The most energetic band on stage that then walks off if the crowd starts to mosh. Also they were so crazy on stage that the music suffered a bit. Also broke up.

Sadly, very true.

That fricking ridiculous habit of walking off stage has also carried over to the Mars Volta. I don't understand the logic running through Omar and Cedric's afro heads that demands they run off stage like pansies, when the fans enthusastically enjoy their music. It makes them look like complete w***ers and prima donnas. :(

QOTSA: The line up changes every five mins. Some fans keep bitching that Nick Oliveri has been booted out, I'm not fussed about that... it's just with the band in a constant state of flux, I'm worried that Homme might decide to pull up stumps, before I get to see them live. They better be touring in '08 goddamnit!!

QOTSA: The line up changes every five mins. Some fans keep bitching that Nick Oliveri has been booted out, I'm not fussed about that... it's just with the band in a constant state of flux, I'm worried that Homme might decide to pull up stumps, before I get to see them live. They better be touring in '08 goddamnit!!

They'll come to Australia soon. BDO or no BDO, they'll be here in 2008, don't you worry about that. :thumbsu:

Good god, Trent is a writer first and foremost, his lyrics are what got me into the band in the first place!

I could quote any of this songs as an example!

Without his distinctive and thought provoking lyrics they would be just another no name band.

I'm one of his biggest fans, but there are a fair few songs with some average lyrics, but I agree that there are some really great ones. 90% of the time though the music makes up for it.

I dont know much about Guns n Roses and i cbf downloading songs, but i always see posts saying that they are a could've been band and are real under acvievers and didnt live up to their hype. People, feel free to tell me where they went wrong and other relevant stuff.

Not sure about not living up to their hype, Appettite For Destruction is one of the greatest Rock N Roll albums ever mad and they are one of the greatest Rock N Roll bands ever. But they really had 3 full scale albums (AFD, Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 NOT counting the spaghetti incident coz its a waste of time or GNR Lies coz there was 4 acoustic songs on it).
Like i send in my original post "they" didn't go wrong it was just Axl and him being f*cking weird that ruined the whole thing....and prob the millions of drugs they took.....

Download some tunes deeman.

Oasis

Don't Tour Enough
Aren't involved in as many 'incidents' these days, bring back the days when Liam was carried out of bars horizontally by bouncers.

Bring back the days when every second day there was a photo of someone getting hit, the days when the band would rock up to the airport blind drunk and the days when no-one, not even the members of their own band were safe from a verbal assault.

:D :D :D

Prince - is not selective about what he releases - could release classic album after classic album if he knew how to edit himself - just too prolific and a lot of it should not escape the studio

That fricking ridiculous habit of walking off stage has also carried over to the Mars Volta. I don't understand the logic running through Omar and Cedric's afro heads that demands they run off stage like pansies, when the fans enthusastically enjoy their music. It makes them look like complete w***ers and prima donnas. :(

"look"?

To play what they play, they MUST be complete w***ers and prima donnas

Guns n Roses - Axl a dead set tool, with no vocal ability anymore, who will never release Chinese democracy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back