No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Quality meltdown from the Saints board

He or She obviously missed watching the Saints in the 70s and 80s, when they were regularly belted almost every week. Still funny though 😀😀

They also missed 1887 to 1902 when the Saints won 2 games of football. Banter club.

I think there's a bit of a problem at present within AFL circles - not the comp, but the fans - because of the shorter terms. A player like Ed Curnow is affected, because his whole game is gutrunning, but so too are powerful players. They're no longer able to use their best attribute against exhausted opposition, when it matters most.

Seb Ross is not a bad player, by any means. He's just not able to use his strength and fitness to the extent he normally would. He's not massively strong or an endurance beast, but he's decent at both which is why he's down. I don't expect them to try to trade him; it'd be silly, and it's an entirely fan driven thing.
It’ll kick in once the games are 4 days apart, all else being equal.

Can't say I blame him on Bonts.

Brilliant at times but there's arguably no player in the comp who drinks as much of their own bathwater.

When Cripps made the call to play on him after returning from his injury he should hve burned him a new arsehole.

There's just too many plays where even when he's there, he's just there, than there should be for a player of his ability.

Not that it really matters, but will we ever get any credit from opposition supporters?

We totally outplayed the Doggies but I keep reading only about how dreadful they were, or how young they are and how things went our way etc etc.

Was legitimately the only 4 qtr performance we have put together in memory, we played the conditions perfectly, our systems looked good, we were severely disadvantaged by the free kick numbers and still pumped a 'flag fancy' by 50 odd...

Not that it really matters, but will we ever get any credit from opposition supporters?

We totally outplayed the Doggies but I keep reading only about how dreadful they were, or how young they are and how things went our way etc etc.

Was legitimately the only 4 qtr performance we have put together in memory, we played the conditions perfectly, our systems looked good, we were severely disadvantaged by the free kick numbers and still pumped a 'flag fancy' by 50 odd...
Nah. You're a laughing stock until you win a flag. You don't go from being the butt of people's jokes unless you really turn it around in a big way.

Look at Levi. Only now, after 3-4 years as a more than capable player, have people started paying due attention to how good he's been. They're behaving as though it's come out of nowhere, but he's been more than up to it for at least 3 seasons.

Did you see Hutchy on Classified?

Totally avoided giving credit, reckons Dogs stunk it up.

Remember last year he wanted Teague to North. He is worse than Kano, at least you know what you get with Kane. Hutchy is underhanded Carlton hater.

The rise of the Blues will cause lots of heads to spin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched some Footy On Nine on youtube where nearly everybody said they'd take Bont over Cripps. Matthew Lloyd though, said he'd take Bont because he's a little bit bigger and kicked more goals.

Bont bigger than Cripps? What are you on Lloydy?

Carlton supporters are slowly overtaking Essendon as my most hated side. They win against us last week but still can’t stand the thought of us having a better young list than them. Weightman playing well while Sam Philp looks miles off it has got them to breaking point. 5 days is a long time in footy. Let’s see how they respond to last weeks win. Definitely happy with how we did.
Um, anyone want to let him know Philp has played twice as many games as Weightman? Hardly makes him miles off it while Weightman is playing well ... in a sample of one game.

How original plagiarising our thread :tearsofjoy:

I think we plagiarised the Bombers thread though. I'm all for stealing good ideas from other boards. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back