Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

What can I say --- I'm disappointed. Were pretty dreaful for two quarters, and think to turn up the last and win, can't be going into it like that. Am I surprised? No, because playing a quarter of footy is what we had been doing most of the year.

Focus is on 2020 now.

But this hurts.

Sitting there in the pouring rain, just numb. I was just very bitterly disappointed.

What can I say --- I'm disappointed. Were pretty dreaful for two quarters, and think to turn up the last and win, can't be going into it like that. Am I surprised? No, because playing a quarter of footy is what we had been doing most of the year.

Focus is on 2020 now.

But this hurts.

Sitting there in the pouring rain, just numb. I was just very bitterly disappointed.

Couldn't get the job done against a talented but understrength team when it counted.
Welcome to the offseason.

Who's on the chopping block to retire/delist?
- Dunn, Goldsack, Crocker, Madgen, Murray, Varcoe

Also - whats the inside word on Murray - some say he is very toxic.

Couldn't get the job done against a talented but understrength team when it counted.
Welcome to the offseason.

Who's on the chopping block to retire/delist?
- Dunn, Goldsack, Crocker, Madgen, Murray, Varcoe

Also - whats the inside word on Murray - some say he is very toxic.
Goldsack retired apparantely moving to SA where he has business interests with his family. Murray has been told he has been let go. In regards to that one, he has a good football ability. I'm not sure what he is like off the field, but I wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully he is off the drugs after I hope he would have learnt his lesson.
I'd say Crocker would be on the chopping block. Maybe Varcoe, has been dropped a few times this season. I'm not sure what's gonna happen with him. Reid probably too, or will retire. Seems like he is done.
Madgen I think has another year on his rookie contract.

I think Dunn will retire, unless they give him a year contract like they did with Goldsack, but with Roughy being a revelation this year, Dunn probably only be running around in the VFL.
Time will tell. I imagine the delistings will start soon enough.

Last edited:
Goldsack retired apparantely moving to SA where he has business interests with his family. Murray has been told he has been let go. In regards to that one, he has a good football ability. I'm not sure what he is like off the field, but I wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully he is off the drugs after I hope he would have learnt his lesson.
I'd say Crocker would be on the chopping block. Maybe Varcoe, has been dropped a few times this season. I'm not sure what's gonna happen with him. Reid probably too, or will retire. Seems like he is done.
Madgen I think has another year on his rookie contract.
Any others you think?
Wells is one I forgot.

Any others you think?
Wells is one I forgot.
Wells retired last week. Seems he couldn't recover from his knee injury. I hope we keep Lynch. A young ruckman, still only 20 and developing. They always take longer. Even though we are getting Darcy Cameron from Swans, who is a bit more developed at 24.
Might delist Broomhead. Halfway through the year, I would have said Wills would have been delisted, but not now. Played a final series and a bunch of games before that.
Though that could be it. In terms of retirements/delistments.

Now the question is trade period, and if anyone wants to leave.

Hey all, very interested in seeing you guys climb the ladder. Any chance you will be able to attract a few experienced guys to keep your young blokes together? I have heard the possibility of Chris Masten coming your way. Obviously he’s not plan A but I think if you could attracted 2-3 senior players from other clubs things could turn around fairly quickly. Interested in your thoughts?

Hey all, very interested in seeing you guys climb the ladder. Any chance you will be able to attract a few experienced guys to keep your young blokes together? I have heard the possibility of Chris Masten coming your way. Obviously he’s not plan A but I think if you could attracted 2-3 senior players from other clubs things could turn around fairly quickly. Interested in your thoughts?
Think we're aiming to get guys who would be definite best 22. Having bought in character guys who are fringe at best in previous years.
Linked to Greenwood from Adelaide
Best offer in front of Brandon Ellis from Richmond is ours

Not sure we've got high hopes for others that have been reported

Personally would love to see if Toby Mclean would be enticed by a few more midfield minutes..

Do love Lynch banging on about the great culture at Richmond in the post-game interview - probably would have had a decent culture a Gold Coast if their captain wasn’t meeting with opposition clubs in the middle of the season.

Probably makes me admire David Swallow even more! He’s our Nathan Jones puts the club over success

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do love Lynch banging on about the great culture at Richmond in the post-game interview - probably would have had a decent culture a Gold Coast if their captain wasn’t meeting with opposition clubs in the middle of the season.
2CB05668686A3EE5D32EC7624B868CA0BC855AD6

Steven May finished 13th in the Melbourne B+F despite playing 7.5 games.

Can’t believe back then Richmond supporters said he was a spud and no ways was he worth Pick 6.

Edit - and this is why we can’t accept anything less then a 1st round pick from Carlton for Martin

Last edited:
We might have some competition for the spoon if you read into pre-season form. Sydney looked pretty awful.
I have Adelaide, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Port Adelaide & Sydney in the tier above us. Would not be surprised if any of them win the spoon. We have Sydney Round 3? at home too. Must win

What a year for Sydney to reload with academy players, top 5 pick and throw some money at free agent like daniher, perfect timing to built their future after Kennedy and Buddy truly done.One or two years at bottom end is not that bad for rebuild.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back