Toast Our 2016 crowds at Etihad!

Remove this Banner Ad

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I want to give a big cheer and applause to our members and fans who have turned out to our Etihad games this year, both home and away. We got another 39,500 on Sat night V Richmond and over 40,000 three times against Hawthorn, North and Geelong. I think our crowds have even been bigger than North's crowds, as I watched their recent game against Hawthorn at Etihad, and there were a lot of spaces in the crowd.

Great to see, and hope it keeps up as the club should make another profit and keep in front of Collo's Stadium! Go Dogs!

I think our figures will be helped slightly by even neutrals that want to see us in action at Etihad, and to witness the likes of Bont & Stringer in action. They are drawcard players that will drag players through the gates, as well as the fact it looks we can be proud our members actually rock up to games ;)

Also, full credit to Essendon fans still supporting their team in hard times. Can't get that many just based on opposition as well

• Banned
Typical Norf. How pathetic are they? 5th last yet they won their first 9 games! Joke of a club. If any of their trollers come past in the near future, just post up a link to this thread with their figures!

Typical Norf. How pathetic are they? 5th last yet they won their first 9 games! Joke of a club. If any of their trollers come past in the near future, just post up a link to this thread with their figures!
I don't mind norf tbh. Like JB and think his done a fantastic job. Its the norf supporters that are on here that are flogs (majority of them, not all)

I don't mind norf tbh. Like JB and think his done a fantastic job. Its the norf supporters that are on here that are flogs (majority of them, not all)
You're right mate. I agree that JB has done a great job there, but a lot of their fans are flogs. They overrate their list every bloody year. A bit like Richmond!

I have noticed Norf supporters enjoy belittling our history more than any other supporter base. Mostly unprovoked and out of the blue.
This is across the board not just bigfooty.

I have noticed Norf supporters enjoy belittling our history more than any other supporter base. Mostly unprovoked and out of the blue.
This is across the board not just bigfooty.
Eh, they see something in their future, their making profit, they are just passionate club.

Any club I look at, I try and ignore the fans otherwise I would hate every club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. Don't mind North at all, I know a few supporters and they're great. Their BF contingent is bloody relentless in their hatred of us though. We do have our 'flogs', maybe I'm one of 'em but with us it's definitely more of a minority than theirs.

We are a bigger Victorian club then they are now, as evidenced by the crowd and membership numbers(remember they have +7k from tassie) and that alone would annoy the s**t out of them. Does anyone know the % rise of our crowds from 2014, 2015, 2016?

Agreed. Don't mind North at all, I know a few supporters and they're great. Their BF contingent is bloody relentless in their hatred of us though. We do have our 'flogs', maybe I'm one of 'em but with us it's definitely more of a minority than theirs.

We are a bigger Victorian club then they are now, as evidenced by the crowd and membership numbers(remember they have +7k from tassie) and that alone would annoy the s**t out of them. Does anyone know the % rise of our crowds from 2014, 2015, 2016?
I'll compile them in the morning

I think it's a rough 10k crowd improvement since 2014

Eh, they see something in their future, their making profit, they are just passionate club.

Any club I look at, I try and ignore the fans otherwise I would hate every club.
There is a difference between being passoniate and being an obnoxious flog.

I actually loved the Norf area during the 90s, a smaller Vic club being the most successful. Sadly, once that ended the supporters lost all perspective and have become delusional and obnoxious. You cannot have a sensible conversation with these people !

There is a difference between being passoniate and being an obnoxious flog.

I actually loved the Norf area during the 90s, a smaller Vic club being the most successful. Sadly, once that ended the supporters lost all perspective and have become delusional and obnoxious. You cannot have a sensible conversation with these people !

Something we can aspire to over the next decade :D

See what a more even fixture can do AFL? We're finally playing in better time slots and having home games against Victorian sides rather than GWS or freo on a Sunday evening. Yes playing well helps but it's proof we have a following out there. Dare I say if we get a couple flags we could see a following of hawthorn bandwagon proportions

Last edited:
That was Collingwood's home game, so their average would go down to 47767.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I was actually referring to both of the teams total average.

I actually pulled my finger out and worked it out myself.

Collingwood drop to 43,672 and Essendon drop below us to 33,942

Remove this Banner Ad

Back