Review 'Our' Benny Gale

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be honest about this. All these people still deserve to be sacked based on their performance:

Hardwick
Burge
Peggy
Richardson
Jackson
Hartley

I will spare Gale cos we still need him as ceo to guide the ship after these changes.

RFC - Mediocrity thru Stability

Focus on Footy ....is ...is that you?

When was the last time someone wasn't paid out in football?
He would either have to go to fjail, or seriously sabotage the club, or sexually harrass someone not to get a full payout.
If he's sacked it's guaranteed money!

Doesn't have to be a full payout. There's a lot being said without knowledge of what has been agreed. And like I said, there's a lot of bullshit in the media that I just plain don't trust.

On the surface, the board and Benny got it wrong re: the extension. I'm not convinced though that it isn't a rolling 12 month extension style agreement where Hardwick was given 12 months plus the comfort of another 12 months if certain conditions were met.

Hardwick has made it clear that his KPI next year is to win a final. He is on the record. If we don't, he is gone. Nothing surer. And IMO, without a payout. Regardless of what bullshit the media trot out.

Doesn't have to be a full payout. There's a lot being said without knowledge of what has been agreed. And like I said, there's a lot of bullshit in the media that I just plain don't trust.

On the surface, the board and Benny got it wrong re: the extension. I'm not convinced though that it isn't a rolling 12 month extension style agreement where Hardwick was given 12 months plus the comfort of another 12 months if certain conditions were met.

Hardwick has made it clear that his KPI next year is to win a final. He is on the record. If we don't, he is gone. Nothing surer. And IMO, without a payout. Regardless of what bullshit the media trot out.
That was the KPI in 2015 too but the goalposts were moved, has anyone got a copy of judy blue eyes speech ?

He will be paid out of his contract ..... it happens EVERY time in football.
I am still waiting for someone to give me an exmple of a coach who wasn't paid out in full?

And then they were talking top four in 2016. :D
But so true - 2015 was a finals or nothing!

It's a shame there are no credible challengers to this inept board, interesting comments by carro, saying he knows he wouldn't be there but for the generosity of the board prior to the season starting, also stubborn etc etcetc, she has turned on him, he would want to get off to a flyer next year or the knives will be worse than malthouse

It's a shame there are no credible challengers to this inept board, interesting comments by carro, saying he knows he wouldn't be there but for the generosity of the board prior to the season starting, also stubborn etc etcetc, she has turned on him, he would want to get off to a flyer next year or the knives will be worse than malthouse
Round one NAB Cup will be telling. If we travel to Gippsland, Cairns, western Sydney or Skinner Reserve, Sunshine, with a team full of rookie listed blokes and first and second year draftees, Hardwick will be making the same mistake of under-preparing blokes.

Round one NAB Cup will be telling. If we travel to Gippsland, Cairns, western Sydney or Skinner Reserve, Sunshine, with a team full of rookie listed blokes and first and second year draftees, Hardwick will be making the same mistake of under-preparing blokes.

You mean pedro burge- his call- again- unless he gets necked by balme in the next month/

You mean pedro burge- his call- again- unless he gets necked by balme in the next month/
Funny how the average Tigers supporter laid 120% of the blame for what happened at Essendon at the feet of James Hird.
Anything at Tigerland is always someon other than Hardwick's fault.
He's the good damn coach - it's his list and his calls.

Funny how the average Tigers supporter laid 120% of the blame for what happened at Essendon at the feet of James Hird.

he doesn't make calls on preseason player workloads- I do not find that funny- burge should be sacked too- plus I am above average/

To essendons credit everyone from that regime is gone, blame flows upwards except at tigerland

he doesn't make calls on preseason player workloads- I do not find that funny- burge should be sacked too- plus I am above average/
No but the coach waving a white flag during a preseason game is the coaches call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No but the coach waving a white flag during a preseason game is the coaches call

I was calling for the same thing. 15-16 fully fit players on the ground and they were dropping all over the place. Stuff the NAB. It was a debacle. I'm not sure we can blame the coach for the injuries but this is BF so maybe we can.

But he picks the team, right?

i would think so- once the p.e. teachers have handed him a list of who is available to play- when, where, which qtr, and for exactly how many minutes---??? same at all 18 clubs- i think-- burge comes up with those programs- the coach works with them-
and it would be damien's job and the other coaches to get the game plan across and up and running in the allotted time- have the players mentally switched on and prepared for round 1- i think that is a clear and repetitive failure of hardwick and his coaches--- likely also damien's failure to work with and manage peter better---
my concern is that both peter and damien- and to an extent trent and his deputies- have turned out under prepared sides time and time again/

but i do not think the NAB 1 games will ever be very telling of any thing/

He will be paid out of his contract ..... it happens EVERY time in football.
I am still waiting for someone to give me an exmple of a coach who wasn't paid out in full?

I am pretty sure when Hardwick was re-signed Benny appeared on Footy Classified and was asked directly if there was a get out or performance clause in the contract and he replied that there wasn't so the club appears obliged to pay him the remainder of his contract if he is moved on early.

I also assume there is nothing stopping a club and coach negotiating a lower payout if, for instance, the club is offering a lump sum payment but of course the coach has to agree. I am sure that has happened.

I was calling for the same thing. 15-16 fully fit players on the ground and they were dropping all over the place. Stuff the NAB. It was a debacle. I'm not sure we can blame the coach for the injuries but this is BF so maybe we can.
YOU don't think other teams used this as motivation? I know at least one did?

I am pretty sure when Hardwick was re-signed Benny appeared on Footy Classified and was asked directly if there was a get out or performance clause in the contract and he replied that there wasn't so the club appears obliged to pay him the remainder of his contract if he is moved on early.

I also assume there is nothing stopping a club and coach negotiating a lower payout if, for instance, the club is offering a lump sum payment but of course the coach has to agree. I am sure that has happened.

Yes I found it incredible at the time, they all believed that top 4 was there for the raking and a gf appearance simply by turning up.

That alone should stamp the boards and bennys papers I'm afraid no risk scenarious were w en considered.

Poor governance and very very poor bussiness practices, by a bunch of lawyers and accountants

Yes I found it incredible at the time, they all believed that top 4 was there for the raking and a gf appearance simply by turning up.

That alone should stamp the boards and bennys papers I'm afraid no risk scenarious were w en considered.

Poor governance and very very poor bussiness practices, by a bunch of lawyers and accountants

Yeah not sure.

I think if the head of the football department puts forward a recommendation of a contract extension to the board/CEO I think the the majority of the scrutiny has to come back to the football department. I also think it might be very narrow minded to stamp the papers of a club CEO and President (especially given the clubs advances off field) on the back of a coaching contract extension given the enormous scope of their roles. That's not to say they should escape criticism but realistically we could be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Teams need motivation to play us? #weareeveryonesgrandfinal

Maybe motivation is the wrong word but there is no doubt coaches would have used it as an example of us being mentally weak. Coaches love that stuff. Can you imagine Clarkson, Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell putting up the white flag?

Maybe motivation is the wrong word but there is no doubt coaches would have used it as an example of us being mentally weak. Coaches love that stuff. Can you imagine Clarkson, Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell putting up the white flag?

In a NAB cup game.... maybe. Especially if Breust, Gunston, and Mitchell had already been hurt and they were out of guys to rotate...

In season, nope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back