Outlook Rocky: he likes an expensive Tawny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mm yeah I agree with all of Jansen, Clayton, Beams, Harwood and Freeman. I would think that Bewick and Bell are considered depth 20+ on the list and will be out the door next season if there is no improvement (I don't know their contract status).
I think I'd hold fire on Clayton. B.O.G apparently against Suns,and named as an emergency .His last 3 games have demonstrated increasing improvement...he can play.In answer to another post,he is the son of Scotty ,Fitzroy best and fairest winner.

Hard to know delistings when we don't know which players will leave, who we might trade in.

I suspect there will be a reasonable turnover again, judging by David Noble's comments post trade & draft period last year.

Far too early to be talking about delistings.

When you're a cellar dweller the next years draft discussion begins 12 months in advance and delisting chat 5 minutes into the first quarter of Rd 1.

When you're a cellar dweller the next years draft discussion begins 12 months in advance and delisting chat 5 minutes into the first quarter of Rd 1.
C'mon, I'm already stalking 2018 draftees Sam Walsh (Geelong Falcons) & Tom Berry (GWV Rebels - Jarrod's little brother).

McCluggage should follow suit fairly soon considering they are best mates. Great news.
You would hope so. And our current draftees re-signing would send just the right message to others who are yet to sign.

You would hope so. And our current draftees re-signing would send just the right message to others who are yet to sign.

Keep preaching they can achieve great things as a team if they all stick together. Really hoping we can win 5 or 6 games and give them all the belief that were not that far away from playing finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats your take on Cutler FWG?
Cuts plays his cards closer to his chest than some. IMO, the guys holding out to sign are judging the current Admin/Coaching Staff before they commit longer term. Cant really blame them as we haven't really instilled a lot of confidence in our professionalism of recent years!!!:(
I am confident that the professionalism we have now has given the unsigned boys a lot more hope & belief that we are a club moving up rather than stagnating on the bottom. Fingers crossed that means more signings soon.;)

Cuts plays his cards closer to his chest than some. IMO, the guys holding out to sign are judging the current Admin/Coaching Staff before they commit longer term. Cant really blame them as we haven't really instilled a lot of confidence in our professionalism of recent years!!!:(
I am confident that the professionalism we have now has given the unsigned boys a lot more hope & belief that we are a club moving up rather than stagnating on the bottom. Fingers crossed that means more signings soon.;)
I can see that fresh young recruits might see it that way as everything is so new and from their point of view untested but guys like Cutler, Gardiner, Bewick, Bell, Taylor, McStay, Bastinac, Lester, Rich, Jansen, Frost, Harwood, C Beams, Mayes and any others in that more experienced category now in the reserves are hopefully thinking along the lines of the destiny of this club is very much in their hands and be prepared to take the lead rather than worrying about whether the admin and coach are up to it. They should have no doubt that we have some very capable people in charge of coaching, football management, welfare and administration. Now's the time to focus on their footy and lift that to the required standard. Professionalism applies as much to the playing roster as it does to the rest of the club.

I can see that fresh young recruits might see it that way as everything is so new and from their point of view untested but guys like Cutler, Gardiner, Bewick, Bell, Taylor, McStay, Bastinac, Lester, Rich, Jansen, Frost, Harwood, C Beams, Mayes and any others in that more experienced category now in the reserves are hopefully thinking along the lines of the destiny of this club is very much in their hands and be prepared to take the lead rather than worrying about whether the admin and coach are up to it. They should have no doubt that we have some very capable people in charge of coaching, football management, welfare and administration. Now's the time to focus on their footy and lift that to the required standard. Professionalism applies as much to the playing roster as it does to the rest of the club.
Agree 100% that professionalism applies both ways HOWEVER, I think that the so called "older" stallwarts you mentioned above like Cutler (only 22 years old) have experienced a pretty rocky road since joining the Lions & will want to be sure that the appropriate foundation is there now for them to grow into a professional afl team. **** & Noble have not been there very long (6 months) and I think the boys probably need a little more time to decide & feel comfortable with the change. The new draftee's have not much to measure against so would expect them to be more accepting without having history of blokes like Cuts. Don't really think a team can be successful without all the people within the club (outside the players) being united and professional. (no matter how good the players are)

I dare say some supporters were discussing delisting probably SECONDS into the r1 game...with the first shanked kick/dropped mark/errant handball/missed tackle by <insert name here>...just check out game day threads!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back