Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Met a bloke a couple of years back who worked for McPhails at the time. He reckoned Norman & the Robinsons weren't getting paid a cent!! Nearly choked on my beer but I kept a straight face nonetheless.

Have heard Robinson did the job for nothing this year and Norman barely got paid? Also heard that nearly all their players took pay cuts this year - that is word on the street.

Seems to be some quality whispers going around at the moment. Few new coaches have signed and some player departures/sign ups from nearly all clubs!

Has there been any word on the folks at North Wang? Any people taken interest in the coaching job or any new players? Maybe nthwangman could enlighten us.

C Smith heading back to the CDHBU or staying with the hoppers? Word was that the last CDHBU final game Smith was out with the boys that night enjoying their company.

Have heard whispers he may have been heading to Glenrowan as he is dating Cheong's sister. But I doubt that as his mate is the coach of Moyhu

Have heard whispers he may have been heading to Glenrowan as he is dating Cheong's sister. But I doubt that as his mate is the coach of Moyhu

But his mate is not the coach of Moyhu....
Waite stepping down as coach and heading to Wahgunyah is the mail iv got.
CJ, Kruen and Ray all came across to play under Waite so i guess that gives some 'waite' to the rumours of CJ heading elsewhere. (See what I did there)

I also heard that quite a few Tigers took a cut this year to keep the group together, as you should if your wanting to stay in a successful side you can't always expect top dollar.

Any word out of KV?
I hope the Hawks are close to signing a coach so they can get going.

Greta have signed 5 or 6 apparently all quality senior players but might need a few more if they want to press for finals

But his mate is not the coach of Moyhu....
Waite stepping down as coach and heading to Wahgunyah is the mail iv got.
CJ, Kruen and Ray all came across to play under Waite so i guess that gives some 'waite' to the rumours of CJ heading elsewhere. (See what I did there)

I also heard that quite a few Tigers took a cut this year to keep the group together, as you should if your wanting to stay in a successful side you can't always expect top dollar.

Any word out of KV?
I hope the Hawks are close to signing a coach so they can get going.

Greta have signed 5 or 6 apparently all quality senior players but might need a few more if they want to press for finals

I thought Kruen had taken over from Waite stepping down, hence why I don't think C.J will be heading to Glenrowan (can't really do that to a good mate)??

KV have signed Patterson from Wangaratta as co coach with Murray... I haven't heard of any players that have signed there yet. Story was in Monday's local rag.

New Greta coach should be a good get, but points will hurt them a lot - same goes with Goorambat.

Bright have signed on Ben jones as coach and nightingale as assistant... They need some newer blood at that club, seems to be the same old people doing things there.

Any word on who the reigning premiers have recruited? I heard that Nigel will be stepping down from the job and will be just playing. Also heard that they may have Cohen and Lawrence for next year which will strengthen them even more.

Would be good to see something come out of north wang soon. They really need to get the ball rolling but is going to be tough to find someone to fit the shoes.

Any word on BD, Whorouly or G Bat yet?

It's good to see the league isn't quiet at this time of year, and there is plenty of talk on who's going where!

I thought Kruen had taken over from Waite stepping down, hence why I don't think C.J will be heading to Glenrowan (can't really do that to a good mate)??

New Greta coach should be a good get, but points will hurt them a lot - same goes with Goorambat.

Any word on BD, Whorouly or G Bat yet?
!

Heard Kruen isn't signed yet.

Greta - Gbat in much different positions points wise.
Greta maxed at 25 points this year the bats were at 50 most weeks.

New cap is 42 points so bats have to come down by 8 but Greta have an additional 17 to play with so could recruit 8 or 9 x 3 pointers when you factor that new players would be replacing current 1 pointers and still fit under the new limit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a rumour today that Karl Norman has retired from footy? Anyone else heard this. Got it from a pretty close source too.

Heard a rumour today that Karl Norman has retired from footy? Anyone else heard this. Got it from a pretty close source too.

Heard he is looking at either heading back to rovers as an assistant coach or having one year at the kennel with he's brother in laws.

Heard that greta may lose a few of the Benalla bred blokes which will hurt.

Also heard that the bats are going after a few of the Benalla saints boys.

All blacks have picked up a few too apparently but haven't got names confirmed yet

Heard he is looking at either heading back to rovers as an assistant coach or having one year at the kennel with he's brother in laws.

Heard that greta may lose a few of the Benalla bred blokes which will hurt.

Also heard that the bats are going after a few of the Benalla saints boys.

All blacks have picked up a few too apparently but haven't got names confirmed yet

I have been a by out of the loop lately but I Haven't heard of the blues losing any, in fact 3 newies coming from Benalla way plus a couple of travellers not sure where they are from. Only hearing positive things from out that way about the coach and how he goes about it.

Justin colliss at jacana. How does Leigh irons go?

I reckon he goes good, I'm not buying the Irons costing J-Col's brother a spot in the Prelim though .... looking at that list Irons was far from the 22nd in the pecking order.

If he stops the long haul north from the Mitchell Shire for 2017 someone will get a nice little hard nosed in an under mid

Saw a shared Facebook post just made by glenrowan regarding their coaches and players in 2017. They've signed both Robinsons as coach, Whitecross as reserves coach and have retained all of their players with new ones to follow in the coming weeks.

Any more news on others clubs?

Speak to leitchy on the odd occasion, would have to be some money involved with that one. Have heard a few bones got thrown at him a few years back to be a dog but he wouldnt fetch, was happy at the nest. Supposedly on a good dollar in town

Remove this Banner Ad

Back