Ovens & King FL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Now we know you have lost it. Like Cunningham and Aaron Cheong!

I’ll have a crack off the top of my head in no particular order, tried to pick from each team in the comp

Adam Williams
Daniel Salmon
Ben Clarke
Chris Dube
Matt Robinson
Dan Godsmark
Riley Moran
Luke Fox
Jez Wilson
Jamion Mcgeehan

Plenty of others could make the list. But I have gone for guys who have played most of the decade and consistently delivered with very few bad games.
Great list, McGeehan sits comfortably with the leagues best.

Signs of psychopathy
  • behavior that conflicts with social norms.
  • disregarding or violating the rights of others.
  • inability to distinguish between right and wrong.
  • difficulty with showing remorse or empathy.
  • tendency to lie often.
  • manipulating and hurting others.

Geoff, are you ok?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sounds like something a salty school teacher would say, stick to the footy champ.

Greta should have a look at the team sheet from today's reserve game may find a few players from Milawa team that haven't qualified and should have played

Well it's up to Greta now to put in a complaint they have every right to
Ide hate to be known as the best cheat of 2022
Carnt win the senior one so we will cheat to get the reserves one
That's what's going on there

Well it's up to Greta now to put in a complaint they have every right to
Ide hate to be known as the best cheat of 2022
Carnt win the senior one so we will cheat to get the reserves one
That's what's going on there
Milawa named senior players who were unavailable during the season in the twos and just got other guys to play under their name, I wouldn’t mind betting there’s a few guys who qualify on paper but never actually played the required amount of games during the season. They’ve failed on field in the seniors and can’t handle defeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who are the players
Believe Milawa are out of the twos, a couple of players didn’t play enough games in the reserves after playing some senior games, don’t know the exact rule, but once you play so many senior games you have to play at least 6 reserves games which was not known by Milawa.

Believe Milawa are out of the twos, a couple of players didn’t play enough games in the reserves after playing some senior games, don’t know the exact rule, but once you play so many senior games you have to play at least 6 reserves games which was not known by Milawa.
They deserve to cop a hefty fine, absolutely disgraceful.

Just chatting to a mate who is in the upper echelon of Demon land, he says this is all complete bullshit. Maybe so, but I think there’s an unspoken etiquette on how you go about thing and Milawa love to toe that line, they have players appear in June just to qualify and push guys out of a twos game.

Just chatting to a mate who is in the upper echelon of Demon land, he says this is all complete bullshit. Maybe so, but I think there’s an unspoken etiquette on how you go about thing and Milawa love to toe that line, they have players appear in June just to qualify and push guys out of a twos game.
Not hard to look, 3 reserves & 3 senior games in the Home & Away rounds, so not eligible by the rule posted, don’t think its untoward by the club, shouldn’t have happened and obviously someone wasn’t all over the rules, I don’t know how long the rule has been in.

Someone playing 5 reserves games and 3 senior games in the H&A isn’t eligible to play reserves finals by this rule, not sure that is fair! At the end of the day rules are rules and someone at the club should have known.

Attachments

• 1C310167-9201-4CD3-AF42-9615BC7E050D.png
    1C310167-9201-4CD3-AF42-9615BC7E050D.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 132
Now we all know you’re talking s**t because no one at Milawa would be friends with anyone from Glenrowan, it’s an unspoken etiquette.

Now we all know you’re talking s**t because no one at Milawa would be friends with anyone from Glenrowan, it’s an unspoken etiquette.
I don’t like cheats, Your club loved to try and raid everyone else’s players every off season, I’ve had some stern words with a few people in the past and they didn’t like it, let’s just say one of those blokes had great respect for me.

The rule has been in place for over a decade if not longer. It should be well known by anyone in a coaching or executive football position. Seeing as Milawa have a long history of both teams playing finals and the seniors more often than not making a Prelim final they have probably not had to take much notice of these kinds of rules in the past?
Irrespective of how it managed to get through un noticed, the rule is clear and will be enforced by the league as they have no choice.
You couldn’t bregrudge the Greta coaching staff for bringing to the leagues attention as I’m sure it would be if the shoe was in the other foot.

What’s the future for the O&K with out juniors? The scraps from the O&M are drying up. The league needs to condense itself, have less teams that are twice as strong. A good start would be King valley/Milawa merge. Tarra & NW join forces. Greta/Glenrowan become one. Whorouly and Moyhu could look at sharing grounds and becoming one entity. Bright, Benalla and Bonniedoon stand alone.

What’s the future for the O&K with out juniors? The scraps from the O&M are drying up. The league needs to condense itself, have less teams that are twice as strong. A good start would be King valley/Milawa merge. Tarra & NW join forces. Greta/Glenrowan become one. Whorouly and Moyhu could look at sharing grounds and becoming one entity. Bright, Benalla and Bonniedoon stand alone.

Sorry to break it to you champ but Glenrowan doesn’t exist anymore

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't see the Ovens & Murray axing their reserves comp just to help out the Tallangatta, Hume, Murray, Picola, Upper Murray and Ovens & King competitions, so we can set that option aside.

I think over time, there will be mergers by natural attrition and there is no need to force clubs into joint ventures.

I think many of us are realistic enough to know that the comp won't look the same 10 years from now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back