Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone from the Milawa camp care to enlighten us if Jamie Allan is going around again?

3rd hand info and happy to be corrected. A meeting was held in Benalla recently between Benalla Saimts, Blacks , G’bat and AFLNEB/Vic Country to discuss player numbers. All clubs expressed their concerns only to be told precedence would be given to establishing an U15 side for Violet Town in the KDFL. So over and above Wang Maggies and Rovers poaching kids from Benalla, now this. Rumour also has it that the O&M clubs are offering parents “subsidies” for away games if their kids play. Salary cap?. What chance do we have?.. As I said I’m happy to be corrected

3rd hand info and happy to be corrected. A meeting was held in Benalla recently between Benalla Saimts, Blacks , G’bat and AFLNEB/Vic Country to discuss player numbers. All clubs expressed their concerns only to be told precedence would be given to establishing an U15 side for Violet Town in the KDFL. So over and above Wang Maggies and Rovers poaching kids from Benalla, now this. Rumour also has it that the O&M clubs are offering parents “subsidies” for away games if their kids play. Salary cap?. What chance do we have?.. As I said I’m happy to be corrected
You think this could have something to do with blowing all your money a few years back on the wrong people? At what point do you take ownership, and to begrudge players leaving for a higher level is nonsensical. The wrong captain at the helm of the ship will sink the whole boat, remember that.

It’s getting so tough isn’t it. Feel for you guys. Have heard similar things about Rovers and Maggies. Why is a Benalla boy the captain of rovers 3rds and not playing in Benalla.
The whole junior competition locally is a mess. The wang junior comp draw has only come out today - or not at all?? Stand to be corrected.
Anyone else noticed there is no info on the O&K league play hq page? As in no fixture etc. I think the league is in big trouble off field. Haven’t even got someone to run the comp. Worrying times

It’s getting so tough isn’t it. Feel for you guys. Have heard similar things about Rovers and Maggies. Why is a Benalla boy the captain of rovers 3rds and not playing in Benalla.
The whole junior competition locally is a mess. The wang junior comp draw has only come out today - or not at all?? Stand to be corrected.
Anyone else noticed there is no info on the O&K league play hq page? As in no fixture etc. I think the league is in big trouble off field. Haven’t even got someone to run the comp. Worrying times
The BDJFL were forced to join the WDJFL or be de registered. One thing that is often over looked is that the AFL and its affiliates are a business.!

You think this could have something to do with blowing all your money a few years back on the wrong people? At what point do you take ownership, and to begrudge players leaving for a higher level is nonsensical. The wrong captain at the helm of the ship will sink the whole boat, remember that.
If you are who you pretend to be, give me a call, you have my number. We can discuss your thoughts.

Geez that’s a tough pill to swallow. Prioritiy given over an under 15s side vs the sustainability of 3 other clubs.

Geez that’s a tough pill to swallow. Prioritiy given over an under 15s side vs the sustainability of 3 other clubs.
Violet Town had an Under 14s side last season the Age Bracket was just moved to Under 15's Due to the AFL looking at reducing the Age Gaps between Grades so its not a new thing. The Kids we have coming from Benalla didn't want to be playing Under 17s football as bottom age so have taken the opportunity that presented to play under 15s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just been informed that All Blacks wont be fielding a reserves side this year. It's not getting easier for any teams
Hopefully they can be competitive in the seniors and come back stronger next year.

Is that coming from the league or where was that info coming from?
This is true, sources tell me that there is enough numbers for one and a half sides, football just doesn't seem to be a priority in today's world anymore.
I also think it comes down to, too many clubs in the cluster, Benalla saints, all blacks, goormabat and VT to an extent.

Football in the wider Benalla region is not in a good state,

There is 2 u17s sides in benella
The giants and the bulldogs bring in a few kids

The BDJFL were forced to join the WDJFL or be de registered. One thing that is often over looked is that the AFL and its affiliates are a business.!

Excuse the ignorance but how many sides were in the BDJFL?
I’m probably wrong but it was a couple of sides from Benalla and Mansfield but didn’t field sides like Goorambat and Bonnie Doon?

Always found that interesting when in benalla for work the number of Maggie’s and rovers hoodies etc on older teens/early 20s (blokes and girls) - seems like benalla becoming part of greater wang in a sporting context…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

O&K is on bought time. May not be a big deal to some but when was the last hall of fame inductee? Im happy to be corrected but dont they just dish out life memberships nowadays?

And last years senior chairman just seemed to be either a woke decision or he was the only candidate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back