Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Always interesting when blokes pump there own tires,
Rather interesting that when the league finally falls away Greta become handy,
Already hearing rumours of an unhappy bunch with a new signing, a known cancer.
Time will tell,
But it will be bonnie doon by the length of the caufield if rumours Mansfield way are to be believed

Not Greta’s fault the comp has dropped off mate. Solid recruiting and some decent players will hopefully get the grounds packed again down at the blues.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Always interesting when blokes pump there own tires,
Rather interesting that when the league finally falls away Greta become handy,
Already hearing rumours of an unhappy bunch with a new signing, a known cancer.
Time will tell,
But it will be bonnie doon by the length of the caufield if rumours Mansfield way are to be believed

Typical diarrhoea dribbling out of your mouth. I remember watch along years ago when it was Glenrowan and Milawa facing off in a pissing contest to see who had the most money and no one else (Tarrawingee the exception) could get close. Supposedly the comp was strong then? It is what it is the top 4 are strong with some mid table resurgence and a poor bottom end. Greta have completed the rebuild and it’s clearly bothering you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Popped down to Greta on the weekend heard some rumours from an old mate Simon Hose out of the grovedale footy factory down geelong way. Kelly a big loss from the GFL I hear and wowee the rumours are right. Bloke took the game by the absolute **** and his delivery of the aggot to one of Greta’s forwards in the 3rd as he streamed down the laneway of liquidation gave me flashbacks of Nathan Lovett-Murray. Huge frame too and rumour has it the Albury anytime fitness has had to order some more plates for the big fella. O&K clubs be warned this bloke is one of the best talents I’ve seen since Neale McMonigle won the league medal when I was a young shag back in the day. Cheers fellas be good.

This sounds like BigLarry with a new name ...

This sounds like BigLarry with a new name ...
Seems all this forum needs is to pot Greta and it fires up,
Lighten up gents, bit of harmless banter, if Greta are in fact the team to beat then good on them. But after watching them last year, they seem to struggle to defend.
However,
There is nothing wrong with questioning recruitment, and the proven poor character of recruits.

Seems all this forum needs is to pot Greta and it fires up,
Lighten up gents, bit of harmless banter, if Greta are in fact the team to beat then good on them. But after watching them last year, they seem to struggle to defend.
However,
There is nothing wrong with questioning recruitment, and the proven poor character of recruits.

I’m just bullish for our chances this year mate. Less than 4 weeks away and I’ll be down at Moyhu round 1 cheering on! Might even call into enemy territory for a feed at the pub, always a ripper!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting summation from a salty hoppers supporter? I’d expect to see him as a leading goal kicker of the competition, with the delivery from a blistered engine room.

I’d say more his father is a ‘favourite son’ coaching the team to multiple premierships. Frazer is known to like 💰 from what I’m told.

Have heard an actual Moyhu favourite son might be back at Hopperland though.. Jaimon McGeehan will be making some ‘guest’ appearances on a regular basis. Good get for a young team!

I’d say more his father is a ‘favourite son’ coaching the team to multiple premierships. Frazer is known to like from what I’m told.

Have heard an actual Moyhu favourite son might be back at Hopperland though.. Jaimon McGeehan will be making some ‘guest’ appearances on a regular basis. Good get for a young team!

I think you’ll find that Frazer is on very little, those involved are not shying away that we have recruited well but are conscious of spending too much and suffering the fate of some other clubs within the league (or not anymore).

Jaimon will be a ‘good’ get for the reserves side.

I think you’ll find that Frazer is on very little, those involved are not shying away that we have recruited well but are conscious of spending too much and suffering the fate of some other clubs within the league (or not anymore).

Jaimon will be a ‘good’ get for the reserves side.

So I’m a bit confused Crash - you posted a few weeks back asking if there was any truth to rumour that Frazer was going to Greta, and now you ‘re saying that you know Frazer is on little money and ‘we have recruited well.’
Which one is it?

So I’m a bit confused Crash - you posted a few weeks back asking if there was any truth to rumour that Frazer was going to Greta, and now you ‘re saying that you know Frazer is on little money and ‘we have recruited well.’
Which one is it?

Agreed here! Stories aren’t lining up Crash. What is it???

Have seen that some O&K teams have been playing against TDFL teams in praccies. does anyone know how they went?

Have seen that some O&K teams have been playing against TDFL teams in praccies. does anyone know how they went?

I know Greta had a hit out against powerhouse Kiewa and stacked up well. Haven’t heard much other results yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O&K sides seem to be fairing well against their tallangatta league counterparts. Greta narrowly going down to the premiership favourites, Milawa pants Barnawartha and I understand Bright did the same the week before.

Has to be a good sign for the leagues top end, i would suggest?
Has anyone heard from Bonniedoon or other sides pushing for finals?

Moyhu went down by about 10 points to Wodonga Saints on the weekend. Going to be a tough year at Hopperland.

Moyhu went down by about 10 points to Wodonga Saints on the weekend. Going to be a tough year at Hopperland.
Actually, Moyhu beat the saints. Told it was about 2-3 goals and they were not too bad considering they only had half their senior players.
Whorouly plays the saints this week as well so be interesting to see the comparison!

Actually, Moyhu beat the saints. Told it was about 2-3 goals and they were not too bad considering they only had half their senior players.
Whorouly plays the saints this week as well so be interesting to see the comparison!

Actually, Moyhu beat the saints. Told it was about 2-3 goals and they were not tooexact considering they only had half their senior players.
Just a praccy match, but I was actually there and Moyhu went down by 8 points to be exact. Don't know how half the senior team was out 🤷, I know of 2 maybe 3 that would come into that team.

Greta defeat Rutherglen tonight at Cathedral College over 4 quarters. 11 10 76 to 6 5 41

Went down for a peek. Greta looked good, moved the ball well. Game a touch scrappy but expected early. McClounan and Kelly amongst the best for the blues IMO. Fitness shining through after a big pre season from those two

Went down for a peek. Greta looked good, moved the ball well. Game a touch scrappy but expected early. McClounan and Kelly amongst the best for the blues IMO. Fitness shining through after a big pre season from those two

I saw the goodyear blimp down on the sidelines for greta, wasnt he coaching moyhu 2s??

Just a praccy match, but I was actually there and Moyhu went down by 8 points to be exact. Don't know how half the senior team was out 🤷, I know of 2 maybe 3 that would come into that team.
Maybe my sources were incorrect - although mine was the Moyhu President so unsure then. He did have someone keep score. Anyway, not as bad as Whorouoy against Saints. Apparently they got done by about 100 points. Worrying signs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back