Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Cards were brought in after this, I hear the 82 chiltern_milawa grand final was worse, Geoff any comments on that one
Can confirm Geoff wasn’t part of these games as his team didn’t frequent the final game of the year in the 80s when the boys were separated from men.
Chiltern only lasted a couple more years after 82 before they were shipped off. Recall the infamous king hit on Hopper McCormick Snr the beginning of the end for chiltern in the O and K.

1990 Lavington and Wodonga

My Year 10 school teacher was Shane McDonald who was a VFL umpire and was one of the two field umpires in that match. He made a few trips up and down the Hume from Melbourne for the tribunals, leaving school at 4pm, getting takeaway on the way up for dinner, getting to the tribunal, giving evidence and then getting home well after midnight. Then sleep and back at school by 8am the next morning.

From memory he described the first quarter as 'mayhem'.

Prime better keep his eyes peeled for the Karma Bus as it’s got a habit of turning up when least expected.

I’m not sure “putting on a show” as he does, spending one’s day ridiculing adolescents who support the opposition, plus continually antagonising opposition players is a good look .

Seems drama follows Mr Baulch! Pretty big distraction for a football club endeavouring to win a premiership this year! Not a great look for him or what he says he’s about!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Code sports saying Harley Bennell is seeking a clearance to O&M can't read article. anyone know where?

Code sports saying Harley Bennell is seeking a clearance to O&M can't read article. anyone know where?

Raiders. Or so it says above

Seems drama follows Mr Baulch! Pretty big distraction for a football club endeavouring to win a premiership this year! Not a great look for him or what he says he’s about!

Careful... remember somebodies ready to 'throw down' 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhh, that solves the mystery. Baulsh is a C Grade actor, impersonating a footballer

To be fair, it’s blanketed across the top 4 then Wodonga. Just think Yarra will get motoring when it matters. If Wang can get a good run with injury at the pointing end and add Brad Melville from Richmond for finals I think they could beat anyone.
Just have to finish top 3 and be fit and in form when it matters most.

Half way point of the year.

Whose list would you rather peta.... wang or rovers?

Looking to play this weekend according to the border nail.

A bit strange though as they haven't won a game this season.
It's been posted that a few of their players.. Ellis Coleman included.. are looking towards next year and locking in players, so it might be a bit of that.... oh and maybe the $$$$ too

Half way point of the year.

Whose list would you rather peta.... wang or rovers?

I’d take the one higher on the ladder. Even after they play Hoppers and should get another win.
I just can’t wait for finals now.
So many stories about to be written. Comps in a good place.
What does the league do if Corowa don’t get up? Another team? Bring Benalla back?

Internally it’s business as usual, train hard play hard wet the whistle and recover, rinse and repeat. Keep things structurally sounds and simple, the results will take care of themselves. Is there such thing as bad press? I think not, unless of course it’s for something like cheating. Patrons from time to time tend to create a circus among themselves, but that’s just outside noise. We know where we’re heading, and it’s been a bloody long time coming, but I can bloody smell it I tell ya. Hoppers are going to be in for a rude awakening, the chains only just been lubricated and there’s going to be some reckless beltings in the back half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back