Pathetic Bombers loss. Whats going on?

Remove this Banner Ad

We start strong, each game we lost we've started strong then it just gets whittled away.

No belief. Turns into a fumbly mess. Midfield gets smashed.

Stoppages are horrid.

I hate to ask the question, did we think being premiership favourites would cause us to get easy wins? It's not happening, not by a longshot.

• Skill errors all over the place.
  • players approach inside 50 always looking for Toby despite there being better options in marking position. His teammates even fall for his aura.
  • briggs needs to lower his eyes to look for a good disposal option instead of just taking possession out of the ruck contest and hack kicking straight to the opposition. Offering not alot in contested marking either.
  • Cadman at this stage is looking like a bust as a top draft pick.

2 months on the road doesn’t help. Boys looked cooked today. Hopefully get our legs back with a few home games.

This part of the fixture has the potential to ruin the season so at least we are still in the mix

True, though, we play at home next week and then have another 3 or so weeks before we play at home again.

We play at home once in 3 months.

Once, in a total of 3 months. Sigh.

• Skill errors all over the place.
  • players approach inside 50 always looking for Toby despite there being better options in marking position. His teammates even fall for his aura.
  • briggs needs to lower his eyes to look for a good disposal option instead of just taking possession out of the ruck contest and hack kicking straight to the opposition. Offering not alot in contested marking either.
  • Cadman at this stage is looking like a bust as a top draft pick.

Ridiculous call on Cadman, will be a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are part time in a region that we are trying to get buy in and are not playing well or with any effort/determination.

Can’t blame Aussie Rules fans in WS.
My first year since being all in and I can confirm, it's too long between drinks at home.

Canberra underserviced, western Sydney much the same.

Someone signed off on this so this is what we've got.

My first year since being all in and I can confirm, it's too long between drinks at home.

Was signed off as a sponsorship deal and an exit strategy should it all go balls up.

Problem is Canberra is an easy get, a few hours from Vic and the Riverina footy heartland means they will always get good crowds there, maybe not loyal Giants ones but decent numbers.

Problem is that harms and makes it easy for those against us in Sydney to say we aren’t all in.
Add to that the poor displays we have been putting up all year……

Was signed off as a sponsorship deal and an exit strategy should it all go balls up.

Problem is Canberra is an easy get, a few hours from Vic and the Riverina footy heartland means they will always get good crowds there, maybe not loyal Giants ones but decent numbers.

Problem is that harms and makes it easy for those against us in Sydney to say we aren’t all in.
Add to that the poor displays we have been putting up all year……

Two months mate, I'm near as big of a fan as you can get and I'm footy starved.

Went to Manuka, off to Geelong week after next.

I just don't get enough footy.

I can see how moderately interested fans would lose interest after such a long stint or lack thereof.

Need to do wayyyy more to get buy in early in the season to bridge the gap of no games for an extended period.

The Bombers are a good team and were really strong today.
The competion is incredibly even except for about 4 teams. We’re in a much better position at this stage of the year than last year.
I’m happy to be trusting Kingsley and team to get the Giants flying in the finals when it really counts. They can’t be up for an entire season.
I still cringe when they play that bloody tsunami warning before home games.

I’m surprised your schedule of away games is like that as thought both GWS AND SS would be similar to SA and WA where you play at home alternate weeks.

I’m surprised your schedule of away games is like that as thought both GWS AND SS would be similar to SA and WA where you play at home alternate weeks.
Easter Show Ground is Giants home ground. Show ended 2 April and incredibly it’s taking until 18 May to get the ground ready for an AFL game. Don’t want to pay the money to fix the ground quicker so instead send a couple of consecutive home games to Canberra.

I'm getting to the point after assessing the decisions made that they're actually not that interested in growing the game.

Absolute shambles.
I don’t think they know how to grow the game.
Where has the success been from actual work?
Qlders love a winner and will always jump on. The Lipns 3peat.

Swans were lucky to have a massive year the couple of years the NRL were imploding with SL.

Otherwise they haven’t had to “grow” anything.
We get Vic ideas on how to get things done for the Giants. And they are bad ideas.

Ridiculous call on Cadman, will be a gun.
His improvement on last year is good.
Whether we are too tall or not is a relevant question.
The main issue to me is handballing sometimes to players under pressure.
Some slightly selfish play today (like Riccardi hitting the post when it appeared he was injured, should have given the kick to someone else).
Bulldogs belief will be up after the 90 point thrashing of Tigers.
A danger game after all.
We must go on a good run now.
Hopefully no injuries this week.
I think swans look the best side by a mile,
daylight next at this stage.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back