Autopsy 2023 Round 23 – GWS Giants v Essendon Bombers, Saturday August 19, 4.35 pm AEST, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Game day is here, an important one for GWS in season 2023. Lose and we're definitely out of the finals race. Win and we probably are still outside the 8, but stay alive for a final round chance. Essendon has two important inclusions - Jake Stringer (who sank us in the earlier season fixture) and ruckman Sam Draper - to match our two important returns in Binga & Snooze. To the victor goes the spoils.

Let's fire up Giants!

GWS v ESS.png

The game we must win to make the finals. I think the return of Bedford and Daniels will be decisive. The market has us as firm $1.33 favourites (Essendon is $3.25). Kingsley will have us primed to win after our disappointing loss to Port, and Toby is having a fantastic all Australian season. C’mon Giants! let’s give Lloyd a winning farewell home game. Hope we also hit 10k crowd as well

This, usually (barring the last season or so), was the type of game under Leon where you got a genuine spike in energy and attack on the man and the ball… for example, we always won our first final.
We are a much more system based team, so it will be interesting to see if that spike translates as well in what is a genuine do or die game.

Also, I think it’s fair to say now over the course of a season our biggest weakness is how easily opposing teams can move the ball into our F50… hard to say whether it’s system, effort or execution. In a nutshell, it’s just meant that very rarely have we dominated teams.
So tonight, I’m expecting that the effort will be there, but don’t be surprised if the Bombers get too many F50 entries with easy goals… that has been a consistent pattern.

Also, I think it’s fair to say now over the course of a season our biggest weakness is how easily opposing teams can move the ball into our F50… hard to say whether it’s system, effort or execution. In a nutshell, it’s just meant that very rarely have we dominated teams.
So tonight, I’m expecting that the effort will be there, but don’t be surprised if the Bombers get too many F50 entries with easy goals… that has been a consistent pattern.
That’s an astute post

I remember watching the tigers game and seeing them transition the ball in the first half so easily and with so many support runners

It felt like the early games of a mighty ducks movie when the oppo ran riot on the ice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back