Paul Ahern

Remove this Banner Ad

Walks in on debut and looks like a bloke who's played 100 games.

All this "North have no depth, just lucky they're getting Best 22 on the park every week" stuff is looking more and more like BS by the week.....

The VFL side have won 3 on the trot by 10 goals, starting to gel, with a 19 year old key forward leading the Frosty Miller.

I don't think our list has looked better in over a decade.

What a ******* turn around.

The VFL side have won 3 on the trot by 10 goals, starting to gel, with a 19 year old key forward leading the Frosty Miller.

If any side deserves it, it’s your mob. You guys cop it quite a bit on here.

Great debut, looks a ready made player. Hopefully he goes on with it, deserves it after coming back from 2 knee reco's at such a young age. Our other debutant Tom Murphy also did ok.

Did you ever think Brad Scott would end up looking like a genius who holds all the cards?

Ahern looks great, Jed Anderson has been fantastic all year (hope the hip is alright), Jacobs has been resurgent with the injuriee behind him, Jarrad Waite is the AFL's Benjamin Button, Cunnington constantly flies under the radar and Benny Brown is a topline forward. Heaps to like about the Kangas and they are playing really good footy.

Walks in on debut and looks like a bloke who's played 100 games.

All this "North have no depth, just lucky they're getting Best 22 on the park every week" stuff is looking more and more like BS by the week.....

The formation of our own VFL stand alone side has had a much greater effect than even most of us expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the vibe in this thread. The draft pick we used became as relevant as ever as the game went on. I'm just thrilled that he's on the field and perhaps stays there (you still can't quite tell with our selections but I guess Clarke and LDU haven't done enough to dislodge him anyway).

Did you ever think Brad Scott would end up looking like a genius who holds all the cards?

His best coaching year by a country mile.

Not sure what they put in the water bottles in pre-season, but there's about 14 players having their best years imo.

Positional changes to Atley (sent him forward second half of 2016), Ziebell, Daw and Anderson have been structural masterstrokes.

North going along nicely, would be good to see them make top 4 especially after all the pre-season doom and gloom predictions.

Ben Brown is a pleasure to watch.

Love the vibe in this thread. The draft pick we used became as relevant as ever as the game went on. I'm just thrilled that he's on the field and perhaps stays there (you still can't quite tell with our selections but I guess Clarke and LDU haven't done enough to dislodge him anyway).

What's going on with LDU? Is he injured?

North going along nicely, would be good to see them make top 4 especially after all the pre-season doom and gloom predictions.

Not injured, just gaining confidence in the VFL.

Improving his craft in the VFL. Better to let them continue their development in a lower league than throw them to the wolves for a whole season.

He has had enough games now to see what the standard is, I suspect that he will be in/out of the team a bit this year. With 2019 his main focus.

Not injured, just gaining confidence in the VFL.
Improving his craft in the VFL. Better to let them continue their development in a lower league than throw them to the wolves for a whole season.

He has had enough games now to see what the standard is, I suspect that he will be in/out of the team a bit this year. With 2019 his main focus.
Pretty much. I think we're no longer in the position where we need to throw top 10s into the deep end and watch them sink or swim over the season.

Handy for Supercoach at just the right time.

Yep, I traded him and started him this week and I knew he'd be a gun.

Will gain mega $$$ and pump out reliable high scores.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back