2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding Erasmus, I still think he will become a very serviceable player for the Dockers, his is still only 20 and appears to be improving all the time. A player who I would compare him to was a former eagle, Matt Priddis, he has similar traits and people laughed when the eagles picked him up at the age of 21 from the WAFL where he had just won the Sandover medal, which Erasmus could easily do the way he is playing and finds the ball similar to Priddis, both ball magnets. Priddis as you all know went on to win the Brownlow medal. In the beginning he wasn't much chop and got ridiculed but he got better and became very effective. I think he is a lot better than Blakely was.

Regarding Erasmus, I still think he will become a very serviceable player for the Dockers, his is still only 20 and appears to be improving all the time. A player who I would compare him to was a former eagle, Matt Priddis, he has similar traits and people laughed when the eagles picked him up at the age of 21 from the WAFL where he had just won the Sandover medal, which Erasmus could easily do the way he is playing and finds the ball similar to Priddis, both ball magnets. Priddis as you all know went on to win the Brownlow medal. In the beginning he wasn't much chop and got ridiculed but he got better and became very effective. I think he is a lot better than Blakely was.

Ras looked clean and a level above. Need to get games into him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i truly think we need to get them peel boys playing regularly in the AFL. take the risk, rotate at least one player eavery week onto the bench and let them have a run

i truly think we need to get them peel boys playing regularly in the AFL. take the risk, rotate at least one player eavery week onto the bench and let them have a run
At worst it will make us better for next year.
Reidy has deserved a game, with Darcy out.
Our strength should be the spine.

He can have games when we are out of finals contention, cannot risk going in a man down this early into the season.

He isn't AFL level yet

If you are arguing that we are going in "a man down" by playing Erasmus, surely we are already going in a man down by playing O'Meara based on current form? I say this and I am not an O'Meara hater, but objectively Erasmus is faster, a better tackler and is really in top form in the WAFL. Size wise Erasmus is also arguably better, and he is better in the air too. O'Meara might be a better goal kicker if he gets the ball, but he isn't doing much of that at this moment. So why not Erasmus for O'Meara?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are arguing that we are going in "a man down" by playing Erasmus, surely we are already going in a man down by playing O'Meara based on current form? I say this and I am not an O'Meara hater, but objectively Erasmus is faster, a better tackler and is really in top form in the WAFL. Size wise Erasmus is also arguably better, and he is better in the air too. O'Meara might be a better goal kicker if he gets the ball, but he isn't doing much of that at this moment. So why not Erasmus for O'Meara?
I agree JOM should also not be playing, I would not be playing a midfielder out of position in his place though

Wagner for extra run off half back or on the wing works for me, Worner could too.

Sturt in and Banfield to the wing.

Plenty of options that aren't Erasmus, he is far back in the pecking order for me, only should come into play if Fyfe and then his backup in Johnno goes down. (Then I'd honestly still play Brodie but can see the argument for Ras here)

I agree JOM should also not be playing, I would not be playing a midfielder out of position in his place though

Wagner for extra run off half back or on the wing works for me, Worner could too.

Plenty of options that aren't Erasmus, he is far back in the pecking order for me, only should come into play if Fyfe and then his backup in Johnno goes down. (Then I'd honestly still play Brodie but can see the argument for Ras here)
Here is another opinion.

If we don’t give a young talented player in Erasmus an extended run in the seniors shortly, especially when he has been bog for two games in a row, Fremantle are the joke that some would say we are, because he will leave and the chances are he will be a bloody good footballer that will have a good or very good career elsewhere.

So I hope no one at the club is listening to your opinion.

Here is another opinion.

If we don’t give a young talented player in Erasmus an extended run in the seniors shortly, especially when he has been bog for two games in a row, Fremantle are the joke that some would say we are, because he will leave and the chances are he will be a bloody good footballer that will have a good or very good career elsewhere.

So I hope no one at the club is listening to your opinion.
It's not a charity while we are contending, I have already said he can play when we are out of contention.

He can have games when we are out of finals contention, cannot risk going in a man down this early into the season.

He isn't AFL level yet
I think he needs a consistent run at AFL level to really be able to assess his ability to play there. He needs to adjust to the speed and that takes a bit of time if your name’s not Harley. Once he’s up to speed we can see if he can kick. One thing he can do is mark and kick a goal. Might have been helpful on Friday night, just sayin!!

It's not a charity while we are contending, I have already said he can play when we are out of contention.
It’s not charity to give our best player for two weeks at Peel a proper run in the seniors. It’s another Freo tragedy if we miss out on a talent without giving them a decent go in the seniors when there are players who are not performing.

It’s just occurred to me, was Sturt playing for Peel this week? If not, surely he’s not injured 🤞

I'm not sure Erasmus is stronger than O'Meara but it would be interesting to have them wrestle for the role. First one to push the other out of the centre circle, or five wrap up tackles (restart after each point called) gets the spot.

I definitely like the idea of finding a spot for Wagner's strengths in the team, and if Sturt can ever string games, form and fitness together he has a spot just because like half our "small/medium fwds" realistically look crap when they can't push up the ground and rarely shoot, so Sturt being able to be a stay-at-home fwd can be a blessing.

Raz I think it's more that in the current set-up, while Sturt is struggling and selection prefers any wombo combo of mids to interchange btwn roles while on the wing opposite Sharp over playing Wagner (could be a fitness/sharpness thing but he's built that up decently), Raz wouldn't be a downgrade on several of the players we have (at least not a notable one).

Though side note - Brodie in the 3 games he's played WAFL this season with Raz in the team has been comfortably below Raz performance wise, and not sure playing Brodie over Raz would send the right message on how to earn your spot.

Erasmus Brodie and Wagner have been Peels best and played terrific games lately. So in form.

Switta injured the past month and walks straight in to the team. He can't kick over 30 meters.

I'd be jacked if I was an in form wafl player.

Omera has been poor since his inception to Freo. No matter how good other players play Longmuir won't drop him.

Last edited:
Erasmus Brodie and Wagner have been Peels best and played terrific games lately. So in form.

Switta injured the past month and walks straight in to the team. He can't kick over 30 meters.

I'd be jacked if I was an in form wafl player.

Erasmus has been poor since his inception to Freo. No matter how good other players play Longmuir won't drop him.

Do you mean JOM in the second last sentence?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back