2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Sturt is an enigma. Poor broken tackle one minute and a lacklustre chase, then what looked like a one handed intercept mark (i've got a dodgy connection) followed by that long distance conversion from the boundary line with the non-preferred foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sturt is an enigma. Poor broken tackle one minute and a lacklustre chase, then what looked like a one handed intercept mark (i've got a dodgy connection) followed by that long distance conversion from the boundary line with the non-preferred foot.
Wasn't that lacklustre chase his fourth effort in the chain?

Sturt is a left footer

Yeah I know, but the shot he took from the boundary line would have only slightly favoured a right footer. It was kind of like a Buddy Franklin style low probability conversion.

I should have said "non preferred angle" instead of "non-preferred foot"

Last edited:
Half time
Ras, Sturt, Davies, Brodie Worner, Reidy, Voss and Simpson doing their role or more and pushing for a spot. I'd be ok with any of those names playing AFL. I struggle to see any reason Sturt shouldn't get at least a chance ahead of a couple of others

Hughes and Murphy been fine, the former I don't want near the team again, the latter is behind Davies comfortably for now. Delean basically invisible. Not sure if I'm missing anyone

Would be very confortable putting Winder on the list

Voss, Sturt, Erasmus, Brodie, and cough Winder all putting their hand up.

Really impressed by some of Worner's kicking too.

Davies giving away a free goal is not great for his prospects :(. Defensively great though.

Simpson is a jet, but hardly touches it. Needs to mature a bit.

I'm seeing bits and pieces with disrupted connecntion. Worner I saw had a good repeat contests moment where he won the ball 1 vs 3 but the next Peel player coming in turned it back over to SF.

Erasmus
There was a terrific smother on the defensive wing as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back