2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Just woke up from sleeping and so (like the coaches) looked at the key stat.....
  1. 5 tackles for Cooper Simpson
  2. 5 tackles Will Brodie
  3. 2 tackles Neil Erasmus, Liam Reidy, Karl Worner
  4. 1 tackle Sam Sturt, Matthew Taberner, Patrick Voss
But what was the quality of those tackles?

Half time
Ras, Sturt, Davies, Brodie Worner, Reidy, Voss and Simpson doing their role or more and pushing for a spot. I'd be ok with any of those names playing AFL. I struggle to see any reason Sturt shouldn't get at least a chance ahead of a couple of others

Hughes and Murphy been fine, the former I don't want near the team again, the latter is behind Davies comfortably for now. Delean basically invisible. Not sure if I'm missing anyone

Would be very confortable putting Winder on the list

Comes with the ‘ but wait there’s more ‘ bonus of really annoying WC fans if we got something out of him

Nothing to be sneezed at

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just woke up from sleeping and so (like the coaches) looked at the key stat.....
  1. 5 tackles for Cooper Simpson
  2. 5 tackles Will Brodie
  3. 2 tackles Neil Erasmus, Liam Reidy, Karl Worner
  4. 1 tackle Sam Sturt, Matthew Taberner, Patrick Voss
But what was the quality of those tackles?

Some of it is to do with the style of game being played.

Taller than usual Peel forward line means that the small forwards are left with a lot of futile chasing when the ball doesn't get marked, and one of those smalls is Wilson who doesn't run so far nowadays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davies defensively is legit elite, if someone can just get it in his head he's "not that guy" ball in hand he'll be a player
We've got the best defence in the league and Josh is obviously a player of the future so you can't be too critical, but I wonder if we've missed a trick by not getting games into both of Draper and Davies with Brennan out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back