2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes dropping back a level is a way to get confidence back.

Jye looks very out of sorts at the moment and maybe a rest would do him good?

Voss brings a physicality that is needed in our team.
Back him in to turn it around. It’ll be better long term.

Lots to be very happy with their:
Sturt: very good work rate and pressure and should have kicked 3, got ignored or we were too slow to get to him a few times. Emmett and Walters ahead of him is just being stubborn if not picked this week. Deserves a shot at getting a new contract.
DeLean: Please stop bringing his name up, he is nowhere near ready.
Voss: At the very least, we've picked up fantastic depth. Actually should have kicked more if he took his marks and I love a KPP who loves to piss off the other team (particularly South campaigners).
Simpson: Fantastic pressure and work rate, if he had a bit more size and strength I think k it would be moronic playing Emmett ahead of him. Like Sturt, got missed a few times but plenty more to like here
Brodie: Same as every other week, dominant and a great 1-2 punch with Ras. Offensively a level above WAFL
Ras: Also same as every other week, he'll do this every week at WAFL, just fights hard for everything but still fluffed some easy disposals and I want him going faster
Reidy: Literally a poor man's Meek, needs to do more around the ground but another game where he was above WAFL level
Worner: Very handy back there, pity our backline is so settled and good he's never getting a look in. I'd prefer over Wagner personally but it's marginal
Davies: Frankly, needs to play ahead of Draper, incredible defender and really growing. Dominating week in, week out.
Hughes: Delist
Murphy: a lot to work with but will take time
Man, I really liked you...

Lots to be very happy with their:
Sturt: very good work rate and pressure and should have kicked 3, got ignored or we were too slow to get to him a few times. Emmett and Walters ahead of him is just being stubborn if not picked this week. Deserves a shot at getting a new contract.
DeLean: Please stop bringing his name up, he is nowhere near ready.
Voss: At the very least, we've picked up fantastic depth. Actually should have kicked more if he took his marks and I love a KPP who loves to piss off the other team (particularly South campaigners).
Simpson: Fantastic pressure and work rate, if he had a bit more size and strength I think k it would be moronic playing Emmett ahead of him. Like Sturt, got missed a few times but plenty more to like here
Brodie: Same as every other week, dominant and a great 1-2 punch with Ras. Offensively a level above WAFL
Ras: Also same as every other week, he'll do this every week at WAFL, just fights hard for everything but still fluffed some easy disposals and I want him going faster
Reidy: Literally a poor man's Meek, needs to do more around the ground but another game where he was above WAFL level
Worner: Very handy back there, pity our backline is so settled and good he's never getting a look in. I'd prefer over Wagner personally but it's marginal
Davies: Frankly, needs to play ahead of Draper, incredible defender and really growing. Dominating week in, week out.
Hughes: Delist
Murphy: a lot to work with but will take time
At the game and totally agree with your summary, for me Sturt played very well and offers some real X factor , we need him in our forward line (prefer over Emmet and Sonny) Will never be a high possession player but neither is say Ftitch etc
Draper needs a rest and Davies whilst not perfect is a very good option (his kicking decessions under pressure can sometimes be a Cat 10 but still young and can improve)
Voss will always provide an honest , full on contest against any opposition, got to love his enthusiam, definate keeper and promote off Rookie list , give Jye a week off to rest his body
Ras, cant fault his effort or intent but absolutely no leg speed from the contest, thought Brodie was better on the day
Simpson will make it with time and has some pace
Tabs and Hughes , good club servants over the years but time is up
Reidy , honest work horse but cant take a worthwhile overhead mark and yes can win the knockout but rarely to advantage, best attribute is he is a very good kick (harsh call but looking towards the future i think we need to get more game time into young Knobel)

Maybe I'm underestimating the gap, but realistically wouldn't basically every MSD pickup be less than AFL fit? Like it'd be bloody impressive if a player either out of the AFL system or who has never been in it has nonetheless kept up AFL standards of fitness.

By bigger do you mean tubby? Plugger went alright back in the day...

He's more than a bit off AFL fitness to the eye. I'd say about half way to Wilson.

Perfect chance this week with the team having to travel to Alice to rest Walters & Fyfe & give Sturt & Brodie a run plus Davies for Draper.
Voss for Emmett. Can easily play the role & he’s a better footballer.

We have to find a way to get Chapman further up the ground so he’s kicking inside 50 more.
Jackson needs to be on ball & Switta is a mid.

I don’t know how it works. I can see Jackson & Chapman rotating on a wing. Switta & Brayshaw waxing forward & inside.

As it is we’re wasting Jackson & Switta’s talents. He lit us up once he went on ball.

Sorry wrong thread I know.

Voss’ opponent seemed like a genuine knobski. Niggling him and trash talking at every opportunity. This was all happening whilst he managed to kick a few goals. In the third whilst the quality of the game went to s*#t, the most interesting part was Voss who decided enough was enough from this annoying plaque and he started rag dolling him and flexing his muscle. It escalated when he missed a tough shot at goal and soon after was shoved over like cow tipping right in front of the umpires.

Gotta love Vossy he then starting hammering back with the trash talking. He is one strong unit and takes no backward step. Just wish he would start trying to take marks with arms out extended. Even if they don’t stick more he does the better he will become. Can’t chest mark like that at AFL level.

I took some big chest marks in the pack as an ammo. It's something that would have had me destroyed at a level above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injured i think. I looked for him but wasn't on the ground. Took a couple of good contested marks in the first quarter but missed his shots around the body from the pocket. .
They say concussion but he never recovred from a two on one contest late in the first quarter
Missed two banana kicks early on and injuries and father time have caught up with him, sad to say but delist at end of year (Kuek if knee op is a sucess is a better long term bet)

They say concussion but he never recovred from a two on one contest late in the first quarter
Missed two banana kicks early on and injuries and father time have caught up with him, sad to say but delist at end of year (Kuek if knee op is a sucess is a better long term bet)
Tabs was off early, was in chinos and RM's before the final whistle.

Kuek was down practicing set shots in Mandurah a month or so ago and kicked something like 10 in a row. Not sure how his recovery is going on the whole but he can still kick dead straight.

Well one year to go on their vision

Four achievements listed
Win the Premiership in Mens AFL - Unlikely in that time frame
Win the PRemiership in Womens AFL - Highly unlikely
Reach 80,000 member - jsut under 20,000 more needed that is a huge gap. impossible almost without the premiership
Average 50,000 home crowd- we almost there with 45000 but i have never understood why they cant get 60,000 to every ptus oval game. Seems the lack of winning is still the biggest issue.

So overall they made an AMBITIOUS Five year plan, Sadly it turned out way too AMbitious.

They need to focus on one thing - WIN a PREMIERSHIP, the other items will simply follow once we win.

Why can’t we get 60K at Optus?
1. Fixturing esp Sun arvo difficult for country folk.
2. For some of us the physical effort to get from home to seat is too great. Bus/train, walk from wherever, stairs.
3.Cost of seats

I love my footy team and also am quite partial to a frothie or 2.
However I have tried many many beers over my lifetime and still cant find anything as bad as that watered down crap they serve at Optus

It's horrible

I don't drink beer at optus. I have a few bullets instead and it's still rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back