Pendles smacking blokes in the belly

Remove this Banner Ad

A bad and embarrassing look. I will say in his defense that despite his lengthy career (approaching 400 games and holds the most disposals record) he has no history of dirty acts and has never been suspended. Looks like he let himself get frustrated here. Hopefully just a fine.

Sicilys 'kick'was about 5% of the force of this. I'm ok with 2 weeks but the tribunal will look the other way and give him the maynard treatment
Tribunal!!! Ha! Ha! Won’t get that far sunshine.

Our man Chrisso will give him a $1,500 fine, and that will be the end of the matter. Pays to have influence at the MRO.

Anyone thinking it will be weeks are ******* kidding themselves. This is what happens to a deliberate punch to the body…

ESSENDON midfielder Jye Caldwell has avoided suspension for striking Collingwood match-winner Nick Daicos on Anzac Day.

Caldwell punched Daicos in the chest after he was tackled to the ground by the young Magpies star.

The Match Review Officer graded the incident intentional contact, low impact and body contact, which drew a $3000 fine.

An open handed slap isn’t getting any more and really shouldn’t get anything.

Afl are stamping out anything not deemed to be a 'football act'. He'll get a week purely for the optics, you can't be whacking blokes in the guts with enough force for them to double over in pain

Anyone thinking it will be weeks are ******* kidding themselves. This is what happens to a deliberate punch to the body…

An open handed slap isn’t getting any more and really shouldn’t get anything.

Yeah fair enough actually. Seems almost identical when watching the replays of them both.

Neale clearly had colic. As a father with a basketball background Pendles did the responsible thing and burped him.

10/10 parenting.

Max Gawn cops 50 of these game and people think its a good strategy 🙄
I was gonna make a Buddha belly rub joke but it's true.

Rucks in general get less frees because when a littler bloke mauls them it looks cute. Silvagni milked that when he played ruck, it was farcical the clinging he did.

Gawn misses a lot, so does Cox (most of our blokes are getting a very nice run from the umps, but not the big fella).

The bigger the size difference the more the titchy umps go "teehee, play on!"

I reckon last year, he'd have got off. But last year, he still had the skill and stamina to confront whatever Neale was doing to make him do this and it wouldn't have happened in the first place. This year, age has caught up with him so has to resort to gut punches instead of his natural skills and it might be a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Jab” it was open palm. Deserves a fine, money should go to Neale not afl though. I’d take that hit for $2000
Ah the old it was a “smother not a bump” line I mean it worked for that grub Maynard why wouldn’t you try it

You’re a VFL heartland club and it was only to an “expansion franchise” player Pendles will get a cuddle and a pat on the bum nothing more

So my understanding is that now that pendles is diving and sniping, we harass him out of the game to a point he can't even join the HoF.

Right guys?

This intentional strike is actually worse than anything Goodes "did" in 2014/15.

Last edited:
Why did he do it though? Totally uncalled for action. Then tried to suck up and apologise. Losing the plot in his old age.

Neale pushed him into the umpire

Also, not sure why at that stoppage when Neale dived on the ball and dragged it back in it wasnt holding the ball?

Hipwood was referred directly to the tribunal last year and got a week for a similar act last season iirc

Last edited:
Pendlebury is a weak dog and always has been.
He's definitely showing "signs of aging" as they say. Diving into tacklers where he used to take them on and distribute, throwing hands and elbows now

Don't know about "always has been" though.

Striking. Deliberate, body.
The question is whether it will be Low or Medium impact; or deemed inconsequential and no case to answer due to being a favoured club, big name, player.
Probably will be considered low impact due to being an open hand, and a fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back