Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

It was amateur hour for Bus 654 as they are refusing to stop at Stand 11. All signage & assistants are saying 10 & 11. Buses sit empty at 11 until stand 10 is vacated.

No player stats on the scoreboards is a bit of a letdown. Also where is the entertainment music wise? Absolutely nothing to get the crowd into it. Other than that the place is magnificent.

Public transport is ****ed atm

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pretty simple - if you change the setup tell your staff & change the signage 1st. People are happy to wait if you are waiting in the right spot.

And Langdon apologised for lack of replay due to a techical issue. I think the "technical issue" was "umpire protection".

Their decisions/non-decisions.

Don't let the crowd see replays of bad decisions. It was/is the way Perth Oval is run for the Glory too. No controversial incidents replayed.

The first game and it falls 7000 or so short of capacity...and people wanted it to be 80,000...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Wouldn't have anything to do with the price of a ticket would it

The free seats can be put down to too many pie in the sky oh we are going to get 1000's of interstate tourists come over for a footy game set aside. How they were only made available to general public just days ago is beyond me.

Newsflash state Gov... only a handful of people will make the trip each week, you are tripping if you think you will sell that many. A big Vic club, with big WA support, you might get close. A club with no support like Swans isn't going to get the job done. Can't wait to see the empty seats for GC or GWS.

Wouldn't have anything to do with the price of a ticket would it
I'm sure it does, but it doesn't change the fact that the crowd was 7000 shy of what it should have been.

Perth Wildcats have it right by reducing the ticket price significantly a couple of days out from the game.

I'm sure it does, but it doesn't change the fact that the crowd was 7000 shy of what it should have been.

Perth Wildcats have it right by reducing the ticket price significantly a couple of days out from the game.
Hopefully they took note and might do that from now on. Maybe they were just testing the market.

The issue is that every free against West Coast is deemed "controversial" by their fans, so maybe they could just learn to behave themselves and suck it up?

"Behave themselves"?

No booing - is that your issue? Laughable.

And I am only concerned with the dodgy frees like Franklin's basketball-like throw which we saw clearly from 60m away. Not sure how 3 umpires missed it.

Anyway - I'll eagerly await a half empty stadium at 3/4 time next weekend.

Only thing that I didn't like was that the footage on the bigscreen was too zoomed out. Screens should be for the up close stuff that you can't see on the other side of the ground. Other than that it's the best ground I've been to viewing wise.

Only thing that I didn't like was that the footage on the bigscreen was too zoomed out. Screens should be for the up close stuff that you can't see on the other side of the ground. Other than that it's the best ground I've been to viewing wise.

Very little stats - eg how many goals a player had kicked after the goal just kicked. The ads on the side were annoying but probably can't be helped.

Only noticed the scores/time elapsed on other digital signage late in the game.

I think the problems with the delays in membership ticketing all stemmed by WCE staff (maybe Freo too?) didn't seem to put any effort into making a list of restricted viewing seats. Maybe they all believed the "not a bad seat in the house" guff.

Public transport is ****ed atm

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Don't mind it - esp going in - but going home is amateurish with policy changes that hardly anyone knows about.

Very little stats - eg how many goals a player had kicked after the goal just kicked. The ads on the side were annoying but probably can't be helped.

Only noticed the scores/time elapsed on other digital signage late in the game.

No worries there I had my own count going

Yeah I didnt realise how much I checked the goalkicker tally on the old digital board until I didnt know how many LeCras or Darling had booted, plus their height and weight and games played for good measure

Also, the no replays was annoying. I want to hear the reverberating boos. The 'join the huddle' standing up thing, drop it.

Huge sections of empty seats. Very dissaspointing.
cause its too damn expensive ... for the cost of one family ticket you get foxtel for the year so why go to the footy ... but hey WCE fans are happy with that cause they have no problem paying $44 for a consession restricted view seat

That’s not how it works mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah it pretty much is .... one bad call where they missed a free kick cause buddy threw the ball and the WCE want blood but they convinently forget McGovern dropping the ball when Heeney caught him being called play on, the forget Barass grabbing hold of Lloyds leg in the second qtr and a number of other frees missed ... these are the same fans who tell other fans when frustrated about the WCE ducking tactics that their players should just tackle lower...

yeah it pretty much is .... one bad call where they missed a free kick cause buddy threw the ball and the WCE want blood but they convinently forget McGovern dropping the ball when Heeney caught him being called play on, the forget Barass grabbing hold of Lloyds leg in the second qtr and a number of other frees missed ... these are the same fans who tell other fans when frustrated about the WCE ducking tactics that their players should just tackle lower...

Although you forgot Sydney emulating Haw (drop the ball to advantage when tackled) and WB (throwing disguised as a handball) of their premiership years.

Umpires are just consistently weak at calling throws.

Back