Remove this Banner Ad

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How did boots ever dominate?
I never said he did (or any of the other speculative picks we made in the past). They were chosen because they had a couple of impressive highlights.

When Bootsma was drafted the word coming out of WA was that his team mates from Colts were shocked he was even being drafted, let alone in the first round (was really a mid second after the GWS picks).

Pafloyul

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2004
Somewhere else
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
I never said he did (or any of the other speculative picks we made in the past). They were chosen because they had a couple of impressive highlights.

When Bootsma was drafted the word coming out of WA was that his team mates from Colts were shocked he was even being drafted, let alone in the first round (was really a mid second after the GWS picks).
There was a news story not long before the draft about him being a potential 'bolter' but the inference was that Fremantle might bite with one of their picks. It seems as though we took the bait.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
There was a news story not long before the draft about him being a potential 'bolter' but the inference was that Fremantle might bite with one of their picks. It seems as though we took the bait.
He was a bolter because because we were all over him despite him only playing half a season of colts and that made a few other teams have a second look.

Freo passed on him at pick 16. From memory there was some talk of North as well but they passed on him at 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raymagoo

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2008
Langwarrin
AFL Club
Carlton

I wasn’t implying from you I meant in general, he didn’t show much in his time

Remove this Banner Ad