Official Club Stuff Peter Dean Father Son Academy Launched 30th June 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bamboo Harvester

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Just did a bit of research on Cameron Wild....looks like he had a pretty good year for the Bushrangers in 2019. An excerpt from a game earlier this year...looks promising.

1572689075879.png

He actually turns 18yo on Nov 28, the second day of the National Draft!!

Jimmae

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tennessee Titans, Tottenham Hotspur
Yep thought it was Oct 31. So if he goes undrafted in the ND we can take him cat b?
Assuming we didn't nominate him (these things don't always get announced straight away), he needs to also get through the PSD, but yes he would be eligible for pre-listing prior to the rookie draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How did boots ever dominate?
I never said he did (or any of the other speculative picks we made in the past). They were chosen because they had a couple of impressive highlights.

When Bootsma was drafted the word coming out of WA was that his team mates from Colts were shocked he was even being drafted, let alone in the first round (was really a mid second after the GWS picks).

Pafloyul

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2004
Somewhere else
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
I never said he did (or any of the other speculative picks we made in the past). They were chosen because they had a couple of impressive highlights.

When Bootsma was drafted the word coming out of WA was that his team mates from Colts were shocked he was even being drafted, let alone in the first round (was really a mid second after the GWS picks).
There was a news story not long before the draft about him being a potential 'bolter' but the inference was that Fremantle might bite with one of their picks. It seems as though we took the bait.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
There was a news story not long before the draft about him being a potential 'bolter' but the inference was that Fremantle might bite with one of their picks. It seems as though we took the bait.
He was a bolter because because we were all over him despite him only playing half a season of colts and that made a few other teams have a second look.

Freo passed on him at pick 16. From memory there was some talk of North as well but they passed on him at 18.

raymagoo

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2008
Langwarrin
AFL Club
Carlton

I wasn’t implying from you I meant in general, he didn’t show much in his time

Top Bottom