Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Do any of our track watchers have any comments on how Tom G, TSOS, McHogg and Charlie M looked out on the park?
Is there any/much exposed form from schools footy?
In short - is there any expectation that any of these guys wil be F/S selections down the track?

Actually didn't mind the look of Mckay, if I were to choose any of those father-son eligible guys. TSOS is a long way off - and that's putting it nicely.

Henry Walsh looks a decent ruck in the making. He'll get drafted for sure. Great skills for a bloke 200+cm tall. Didn't make a mistake the whole time I watched.

Do any of our track watchers have any comments on how Tom G, TSOS, McHogg and Charlie M looked out on the park?
Is there any/much exposed form from schools footy?
In short - is there any expectation that any of these guys wil be F/S selections down the track?
Gleeson expelled from two high schools, don’t believe he was good enough to be in his school’s side. Won’t be a prospect.

Considering that we need a young ruckman in the next draft, Walsh would be high on my list of priorities. He looked pretty good in the last Carnival.
Young McKay is something of a bolter, as he hasn't shown the interest until lately. He appears to have the drive at the moment.

Andy McKay was picked up as a mature Acer from memory?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Andy McKay was picked up as a mature Acer from memory?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It is interesting that so many father/son prospects are late comers to their leagues.

I wonder if it is that comfort that they will be looked at with a smaller sample of quality auditions?
or
Do the footy parents from the top level just want their kids to be kids first, being aware of the demands of the "system"?

McKay was 20 when signed by Glenelg. Still a more mature player but not a lot older as he was when signed by us. SANFL was still a strong comp back then.

mckay turned up with less fanfare than paul meldrum - just like the way he played - an out and out gun - docherty level skills and commitment..........
Didn't he have a reputation for evading tackles? I can remember they made a bit of a thing out of the first time he'd been tackled in ages.

mckay turned up with less fanfare than paul meldrum - just like the way he played - an out and out gun - docherty level skills and commitment..........

4 x AA, including one in his first afl season and three in a row later on.

One of the best HBFs of his generation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 x AA, including one in his first afl season and three in a row later on.

One of the best HBFs of his generation.
We have a lot to thank palindromic Glenelg for.

Macca was great at everything except kicking. Doc's got him covered there.

What happened with Mantons son? Wasnt he a chance last year?
He might wind up with Northern this season, but he was always up against it as a medium player acting as a KPF.

I believe his endurance base and top-end speed were an issue?

He might wind up with Northern this season, but he was always up against it as a medium player acting as a KPF.

I believe his endurance base and top-end speed were an issue?
Yeah very raw but still kicked the most goals in the U18s, might play as an overager at Knights this year or come to Northern Blues although I think he would benefit more at the Knights given how inexperienced he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back