Toast Pick #10 - Welcome to Carlton Lochie O'Brien!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think LOB will end up through the midfield, which Simmo never really did.

"Circumstance has no value. It is how one relates to a situation that has value. All true meaning resides in the personal relationship to a phenomenon, what it means to you"

LOB needs to get a glimpse of Ed Richard’s game (changing within the season, he’s up there in place getters for the RS you’d think), especially kicking for goal.

Hopefully plays VFL tomorrow and grabs some decent numbers and kicks some goals to get some confidence > accuracy when up forward (mounting internal pressure).

really warming to this young man - he's working into hopefully becoming a very good link-man - gets around the ground, needs to toughen his attack on the ball and work on his right peg but liked a lot of what I saw yesterday

Really bullish about Lochie. Think hes gonna be a star as that outside midfielder.
Seems to be getting a little more confident each week , looking very promising.

If he continues to develop, may end up being a very similar player to Isaac Smith from Hawthorn..

Nail on the head td29.

To me, he’s our best runner out there, and still has a turn of pace. For a first year player/kid he has terrific running patterns ie: doesn’t get in teammates way.

He gets his footy at full tilt, and he’s smart enough decision wise, just has to lower his eyes going inside 50 and use that weapon of a foot......and that is easily fixed.

Likes to tackle, seems to have good disposal, has had some quarters where he has won a lot of the footy but goes missing but with an expected consistency could be a big possession getter with that ability and he's a pretty good runner. A lot to like. Very good for a first year player really.

Big tick.

In a team that is getting flogged weekly, where there is no easy ball, where very few know what to do and where to go, Lochie is still trending up.

Massive future.
Particularly good when considering he's playing an outside role in a team that can hardly get him the ball. Not a lot of opportunities can go missing if you want to rack up the best part of 20 touches which he's been doing. Big tick for a first year player of his kind for me!

Big tick.

In a team that is getting flogged weekly, where there is no easy ball, where very few know what to do and where to go, Lochie is still trending up.

Massive future.

Particularly good when considering he's playing an outside role in a team that can hardly get him the ball. Not a lot of opportunities can go missing if you want to rack up the best part of 20 touches which he's been doing. Big tick for a first year player of his kind for me!

BUT HE'S SOFT AND OTHER CLUBS LAUGHED AT US FOR PICKING HIM! :(

:straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big tick.

Massive future.
Must admit I thought he was soft based upon what I saw of him at last years U18 Carnival, but he obviously worked hard on the contested side of his game over the summer. Best part is he'll only continue to improve.

Must admit I thought he was soft based upon what I saw of him at last years U18 Carnival, but he obviously worked hard on the contested side of his game over the summer. Best part is he'll only continue to improve.

Seems like a determined and resilient adolescent. The right character we need at this stage of the list reset.

I had my doubts about him before we drafted him because I listened to some so called experts but I couldn't be happier that he is playing for us. The next Andrew Gaff

Nah. How about the first Lochie O'Brien? :)

Lochie showed what he was made of throw the JLT series and nothing has changed, nor should it have.
We'll all perform better when we know exactly the other team-mate is doing and what the group is doing as a whole. Just works that way.

Loved the collective gasp as he drilled a 30 metre pass between two players to hit Matt Shaw in defence. He’s definitely building.

I actually don’t see the Isaac Smith comparison tbh. I think he’s got more ability to accumulate - Gaff I can see

Biggest gasp came from Matt Shaw …..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back