Opinion Pick 11* – who do you want?

Who are your TWO favourite options for Pick 11*?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
13. Caleb Windsor
Melbourne
Eastern Ranges, 184cm Midfielder
The mail is that Melbourne is just about set on selecting Windsor with its second selection here. The Eastern Ranges product is another player to have shot up draft boards in the second half of the season, even more so after a strong showing at the national draft combine. The wingman had a big under-18 national championships with Vic Metro and is seen as a player with real weapons with his speed, foot skills and decision making. He is a modern-day wingman who most clubs would love to have.

13. Caleb Windsor
Melbourne
The mail is that Melbourne is just about set on selecting Windsor with its second selection here. The Eastern Ranges product is another player to have shot up draft boards in the second half of the season, even more so after a strong showing at the national draft combine. The wingman had a big under-18 national championships with Vic Metro and is seen as a player with real weapons with his speed, foot skills and decision making. He is a modern-day wingman who most clubs would love to have.
*As long as he makes it to us. But yep, the perfect fit at that pick.

13. Caleb Windsor
Melbourne
Who did this phantom draft?

How accurate has he been in the past?
Not 100% sure. Phantoms this far out I tend to take with a bit of a grain of salt, as there's nearly always a late bolter or two that rockets up the board in the week before the draft, which mucks around all the other predictions.

It's becoming pretty clear that Leake and Windsor are high up in our preferences though.

Feel like we really wanted Duursma (even trained with us) but we just couldn't get high up enough up the draft order to get him, and probably feel Leake might be a similar type who can impact the game around the ground in a number of different ways: marking, kicking, decent athletically etc

Feel like we really wanted Duursma (even trained with us) but we just couldn't get high up enough up the draft order to get him, and probably feel Leake might be a similar type who can impact the game around the ground in a number of different ways: marking, kicking, decent athletically etc
The training thing doesn't matter, Jack Viney trained with hawthorn in the lead up to the draft

I'm not saying it's everything - but it gives clubs a close look at them. Played some games at Casey too. It's more he's the kind of impact player we should be looking at for our front half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but if you put a hard ball in between Braydon Maynard and Harley Reid, who would win?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Pick 36

Not 100% sure. Phantoms this far out I tend to take with a bit of a grain of salt, as there's nearly always a late bolter or two that rockets up the board in the week before the draft, which mucks around all the other predictions.

It's becoming pretty clear that Leake and Windsor are high up in our preferences though.
I remember reading the 2010 phantom draft in the herald sun and then seeing the draft being well out of wack. I'm not sure why this sticks in my mind, I just think of Heppell being a big bolter was tipped to go to North at 17 but ended up at essendon at 6. Anyway I found this article from Jay Clark from around this time 2010, he had heppell at 5 (Brisbane) but his phantom draft is a bit off, might have been harder because all of the gold coast concessions. Had melbourne going for Ben Jacobs instead of Lucas cook (which was a big surprise) so yeah probably nothing to worry about.

I'm definitely getting the feeling we are getting leake.

I'm all for a tall with our 1st pick...

But our 2nd pick i would go for foot speed with skills... as long as the player has a nice step out of traffic. a Mid.
And no langdon or frita shirkers.

I'm all for a tall with our 1st pick...

But our 2nd pick i would go for foot speed with skills... as long as the player has a nice step out of traffic. a Mid.
And no langdon or frita shirkers.

Yeah we definitely don't need another Fritsch. Who'd want a dude who can kick 6 goals in a GF and boot 40-50 goals a season when fit 🤷‍♂️

Yeah we definitely don't need another Fritsch. Who'd want a dude who can kick 6 goals in a GF and boot 40-50 goals a season when fit 🤷‍♂️

But what has he done since Dr?
And that season he played high level coming off a midseason where his courage and commitment was questioned.

He has shirked one effort in the goal-square where he had to contest the kick coming in, to stop that shot from being touched on the goal-line.
And many other poor efforts around the ground, where he had to put his body on the line to contest.

He can be really ordinary, when he doesn't try. doesn't push himself...

But what has he done since Dr?
And that season he played high level coming off a midseason where his courage and commitment was questioned.

He has shirked one effort in the goal-square where he had to contest the kick coming in, to stop that shot from being touched on the goal-line.
And many other poor efforts around the ground, where he had to put his body on the line to contest.

He can be really ordinary, when he doesn't try. doesn't push himself...

My god you're delusional about him.

In seasons 21-22, he kicked the second most goals of the entire league, behind Hawkins. Then he was injured a lot of last year 🤷‍♂️

He has his faults but he's elite at what he does in an area where we're weakest.

If he was ultra physical he'd be the full package but he's not, he's just a very very quality player.

You can definitely carry a talented attacking type or two like Fritta. Let’s be honest he hasn’t laid a tackle in his life but he gets goals!

Probably can’t carry too many like him though.

My hope is that Bailey is super professional next year along with Joel Smith…

Really intriguing draft this one. Maybe it's because we have 2 picks in the first round. Pick 11 is a nice spot for a slider. Could be a Caddy. Hoping for Leake. Windsor is possible. Tholstrup we seem into. I'll be disappointed if we reach for Windsor at 6.

Really intriguing draft this one. Maybe it's because we have 2 picks in the first round. Pick 11 is a nice spot for a slider. Could be a Caddy. Hoping for Leake. Windsor is possible. Tholstrup we seem into. I'll be disappointed if we reach for Windsor at 6.
It's not really a reach when he'll be gone at the very next pick though. From all accounts, either we take Curtin or trade the pick to WC, and GWS takes Windsor at 7*, or we take Windsor, and GWS either takes Curtin or trades with WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back