How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why drafting talls early is hard because people have expectations that are not relevant.

Luko was hyped, but I did not expect anything major for another 3 or so years. The same with Harry in our team, starting to show his worth in his early 20's.
The King twins and Blakey are also three year away from showing their worth and I have a feeling they will look great as well.
I was going to use your boy McKay as an example too.
Drafted in the top 10, but didn't debut in his maiden season. Only plays 2 games the next. Last season got a solid run of games and now in his fourth season he is starting to look like a guy who can win a game by himself. Give Luko a few years and he may do the same... (hopefully for Adelaide hahah)

Did u see final score 73 point win and Carlton played them last week we remember that one 😀
And the team sitting on the bottom of the ladder beat you......:rolleyes::straining:

Don't put words in my mouth. All I said is that he hasn't shown anything yet. Zip. Nada. Now I'm fully aware of how long it takes talls to develop, but based on what many were saying prior to the draft, I would have expected to see something. My comment was more about his hype and the expectations foisted on him than the kid himself.
Rozee ahead of him in a heartbeat.....last year,this year and in ten years

Did u see final score 73 point win and Carlton played them last week we remember that one 😀

Amazing insight.

But not as amazing as your insights on your board..
Walsh and Stocker are spuds.
Coniglio won’t get to a crap team like Carlton (but let me guess, players will go to a crap team like Adelaide?).

You and grubbo will get along just fine with your wisdom.

Last edited:
Didn’t debut until round 15 and ended up playing 6 games. Didn’t score a goal until his 5th game and only kicked 2 for the season.
Nothing exciting at all!
Arrived at st Kilda with a knee injury that’s why he didn’t debut....as far as chf’s go Luk won’t end up Roos shoe laces and I don’t care how old he is.

I was going to use your boy McKay as an example too.
Drafted in the top 10, but didn't debut in his maiden season. Only plays 2 games the next. Last season got a solid run of games and now in his fourth season he is starting to look like a guy who can win a game by himself. Give Luko a few years and he may do the same... (hopefully for Adelaide hahah)
Had a serious back injury and missed all of the first season and most of the next.
You’re not really over the facts are you? Can’t just look up old stats and go off them.

For anyone thinking the crows have pulled away in percentage terms after yesterday’s win - A 30 point win when we play them is enough to bridge the gap although by then it’ll probably be irrelevant. Let’s go win for win with them until we meet later in the season.

Schache looked ok in his first year. Dropped of ever since.
Funny how we all have differing views.
I recall flying down to see us play the lions at marvel a few years back. He just looked soft and completely out of sorts...little confidence shown on the day and my dad and I were looking at him closely as we were curious about him matching up on Weiters.

Had a serious back injury and missed all of the first season and most of the next.
You’re not really over the facts are you? Can’t just look up old stats and go off them.
Geez sorry I don't know the injury history of every player that's ever played the game.
Guess I'll think twice before complimenting one of your players again :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the most over rated players in the game at the moment
It’s funny, I saw Jenkins at the basketball in Cairns a few months back...walking away from the cafe with two tubs of hot chips. Couldn’t have scripted it better...I said to my son ‘watch out for the seagull his hands are full but no doubt he’ll still try and swoop in on your chips’...unfortunately my boy didn’t get it (he has no idea who Jenkins is) so a prime opportunity missed on my ‘dad joke’.

One of the most over rated players in the game at the moment
He was good back in 2016 and '17 when we were averaging 112.8 and 109.7 points per game because we had fast ball movement from the backline to the forwards. Jenkins would run up the ground dragging his defender with him, then beat him back towards goals to get the "easy" goal. But when we lost our quick ball movement he has gone to s**t. Doesn't know how to lead, crash a pack or provide anything in the build up play. Looked shocking in the SANFL and hopefully he stays there. Himmelberg at least showed some effort yesterday so deserves a run of games to see what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back