How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shout out to the “breath of fresh air “ level headed Crows posters in this thread lately.
Was a struggle to read some of the rubbish put on here for a while.
I still think that Adelaide will be somewhere around 8th and Carlton will win enough to be handing over pick 3 or 4. Depending on Stocker’s continuing development, the trade quite possibly be a win for both clubs.

2 of those have been sent to the 2s due to poor performance and we’re better off without them. Crouch a definite problem, Lynch not so much in what is expected to be a slippery and contested game. Eagles should be favourites though, they have no trouble at Adelaide Oval whatsoever. 5-10 is our go anyway, lose this and then go 1-1 for a few weeks and we’re back in the ruck struggling to be in the 8. Gotta love future trading though, makes the weekend much more interesting.
It’s an interesting team from the outside looking in. I think Lynch and Gibbs are both big outs, both excellent by foot kicking into your forward line. Something we at Carlton are desperate for.
Gibbs being contracted for 2020, 2021 - interested to see how that plays out. Seems to be a rift between him and the coaching department. Or maybe its the tough love he has had due for a long time...?

It’s an interesting team from the outside looking in. I think Lynch and Gibbs are both big outs, both excellent by foot kicking into your forward line. Something we at Carlton are desperate for.
Gibbs being contracted for 2020, 2021 - interested to see how that plays out. Seems to be a rift between him and the coaching department. Or maybe its the tough love he has had due for a long time...?

Would love Gibbs up and about but he’s a fair way off it at the moment. We’ve heard that he’s got personal problems and also that he had a very limited preseason due to a groin complaint. Whether either or both, the end result is that he definitely isn’t running hard enough and his disposal by foot has been woeful at times. I’d still have him in the side though, a struggling Gibbs contributes more to winning a game than a hard working Mackay.

Shout out to the “breath of fresh air “ level headed Crows posters in this thread lately.
Was a struggle to read some of the rubbish put on here for a while.
I still think that Adelaide will be somewhere around 8th and Carlton will win enough to be handing over pick 3 or 4. Depending on Stocker’s continuing development, the trade quite possibly be a win for both clubs.
Crows board don't get it..imo both clubs will be happy with the deal...

Why does it have to be used as a pick though?
Maybe Adelaide get themselves a gun or two, ready-to-go players.

I don't think we'll be left pining for the player we may have picked up with a high pick, but we may yet be sorry for not having the pick to target a premium recruit. This what this is about now I feel and not for Rowell or Anderson or.....

Good point and for sure - they can do what they like with whatever they get - just as Carlton can do what they like with whatever pick they get from Adelaide....and neither team had any 'real' clue about who or what or why any player(s) may be available and willing to joining either Club when they did the trade anyway...

Which is what makes the whole exercise interesting on the one hand and silly at the same time- because the end result(s) takes years to play out and assess - lots of people have made this point many times - bit still people come back to the discussion...

For mine: I'm really happy to have Stocker on board from the little I've seen of him I rate him @19 probably higher than at least 2 of our Top10 picks over the last few years - one on performances to date and the other on lack of. Which is why I am comfortable to speculate that there is a good chance that Stocker will end up being a better player than both hypothetical players taken next year by Carlton and Adelaide in any draft.

We have no choice but to be content with what we have.
If we indeed took the risk...and it was a calculated risk....so be it.

Unfortunate that there's going to be so much chatter about this one exchange and in particular because it was the first one.
We have the base talent at the club already and need to get this group functioning together and keeping them on the park as much as for reaching for another hero and especially an 18 year old one.

100%

just need to get on with the job now and get the most out of what we've got and continue maintaining some sort of proper list balance in terms of age and experience ie we may be battling now ( no surprises are there?) but at least we have set up a platform that makes sense on a medium to longer term perspective - something we probably haven't had for too many years.

Lynch, Jenkins, M Crouch and Gibbs out. Hopefully the Eagles can get up today, take the river drinkers to 5-5. Would make a top 4 finish harder for them...
ain't looking good........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While its entertaining to death ride these mugs, I don't give a rats what pick is going back to the cows.
I think we have invested well with Stocker. Early days but there is a lot to like and massive upside potential.
Whatever we get back will likely be trade bait and not a pick in the draft for us anyway..... in what looks like being a pretty skinny draft.
We are chocka with young developing talent anyway, so that part f the rebuild mission is largely a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back