Who Wins?

• Victoria

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • All Stars

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Winmar game? He kicked 5 I reckon
Yeah he did. He caught my eye as a kid because I'd never seen someone move across the ground like he did. He would almost glide. Effortless.

That's the first game I really remember watching.

He used to love playing the Pies though. And he would always step up against the big Victorian clubs.

Yeah he did. He caught my eye as a kid because I'd never seen someone move across the ground like he did. He would almost glide. Effortless.

That's the first game I really remember watching.

He used to love playing the Pies though. And he would always step up against the big Victorian clubs.
He sure did

why you think Wilkie is more deserving than a guy who came second in the brownlow while playing for the saints ? or two guys who were keys parts of the team to make the 2009 & 2010 grand finals ? or perhaps the guy how captained us ?
no way Wilkie should be considered thats a total farce

Yeah thats fair enough but where did you pluck these three from , if you seriously think they deserve to be in one of our teams no wonder our supporters over rate our players
Clinton Jones , Craig Calaghan , Gavin Mitchell

Yeah thats fair enough but where did you pluck these three from , if you seriously think they deserve to be in one of our teams no wonder our supporters over rate our players
Clinton Jones , Craig Calaghan , Gavin Mitchell
short memory of how good CJ was in 2009 and 2010 .... he was the comps best tagger the guy GAblettJr had nightmares about ... couldnt kick to save his life to the point that at onestage Ross Lyon basically took away his kicking license .. he was the type of player Lyon LOVED he worked hard gave good pressure and followed direction to the letter ...

Callas was a good footballer ... unfortunatly he suffered two knee recos in the 4 years he was with us (and a third one after retiring from the AFL)... having watched him from his days at Swan Districts we missed out on a special player with him due to his knees so he only got 29 games under his belt but he performed very strongly in those 29 games and was a fantastic bloke around the club who was well loved by the team

people forget the 98 and 99 season (for good reason) but Gavin Mitchell was a more than handy player for us in that time .. in 99 he was averaging a goal a game or a small forward with the team we had in those years thats a pretty good return .. i remember him kicking 5 against the swans one game problem was Blight didnt rate him ... and by the time GT took over he was totally out of form and confidence considering we have two young guys coming up in Brett Moyle and Stevie Milne he was delisted ... im not saying he was a great player but his record stacks up against Wilkies to this point and how Hill can be picked when he hasnt even played a practice match for us yet ...

Im not even going to bother replying about the three i mentioned as i should have know better to mention anyone from WA , anyway what has Hill not playing a game for us got to do with him being picked , Last time i looked he is on our list

I thought Gavin Mitchell was a great player for us. Not sure who you would put in the side at his position instead of him though.
Yeah i wasnt saying he was no good but is he really one of the best small forwards , id Have Phil Narkle in front of him for starters , yes Narkle played a bit n the wing as well as forward

Im not even going to bother replying about the three i mentioned as i should have know better to mention anyone from WA , anyway what has Hill not playing a game for us got to do with him being picked , Last time i looked he is on our list
so you honestly think that Wilkie off one season is more deserving in that team ... really...
as for Hill would you pick Andrew Lovette i mean he never played a game for us but was on the list and had a pretty big wrap on him ... its honestly very sad for anyone yet to play for us to be even in the conversation ...
the all stars team looks like it was flung together without any real thought and its not just the WA guys the NT boys also got overlooked

Had a game at VFL Park 30 + touches ? I always thought he would make it

when I was a young optimist I thought that Brett Moyle, Joe Mc Laren and that guy that went to Adelaide we’re going to be stars.

when I was a young optimist I thought that Brett Moyle, Joe Mc Laren and that guy that went to Adelaide we’re going to be stars.
Ben Walton ? or Brodie Atkinson ?

Always liked John peter Budge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Walton ? or Brodie Atkinson ?
Maybe Begley? I have forgotten. Watson said he’d be our captain.
Marty Carr was a gun for the State of Origin all Star side. He was a good player.

Marty Carr was a gun for the State of Origin all Star side. He was a good player.
James Begley
Asked to go back to SA after best mate passed

fair enough i guess
I'm saying I'd have him in the side. I don't know what other player would take his spot or is better than him for that position. Phil Narkle is a good shout, I can't think of anyone else though.

hit of a shitbloke though ... Matty Carr has some what of a rep as being ummm lets just say short on the fuse his brother Josh is the same ... theres a rumour that when Josh was at port he came home to perth in the off season and him and Matt had a massive blue at a venue that cost thousands in damages ... (maybe a BS rumour though )

hit of a shitbloke though ... Matty Carr has some what of a rep as being ummm lets just say short on the fuse his brother Josh is the same ... theres a rumour that when Josh was at port he came home to perth in the off season and him and Matt had a massive blue at a venue that cost thousands in damages ... (maybe a BS rumour though )
No idea of the rumour but I can say from experience he wasn’t a s**t bloke

just saying he can get a little punchy from time to time ... maybe thats your kinda guy i dunno but more than a few people stay clear
Been in one fight in my 58 years so I won’t stoop to deciding what you like. All I know is I have met him probably 50 times and he was always fine whether drinking or not. I always find meeting people a better way of getting an idea about a person rather than rumours.

Been in one fight in my 58 years so I won’t stoop to deciding what you like. All I know is I have met him probably 50 times and he was always fine whether drinking or not. I always find meeting people a better way of getting an idea about a person rather than rumours.
50 time pluggs wow please tell us more about your wonderful life of player interactions ... or maybe not ... yeah lets go with not

50 time pluggs wow please tell us more about your wonderful life of player interactions ... or maybe not ... yeah lets go with not
What a great reaction. I give you facts about meeting him and then you continue the personal stuff. He was mates with Lenny and we did dinner every week for a group of saints players. Shoot me for that. And now you have said what he is like can you tell me the times you have seen him make an idiot of himself.

so you honestly think that Wilkie off one season is more deserving in that team ... really...
as for Hill would you pick Andrew Lovette i mean he never played a game for us but was on the list and had a pretty big wrap on him ... its honestly very sad for anyone yet to play for us to be even in the conversation ...
the all stars team looks like it was flung together without any real thought and its not just the WA guys the NT boys also got overlooked
I wasnt saying Wilkie should definitely be in the side , i was more saying the three you chucked in didnt deserve to be in anymore than Wilkie did and where did the Lovette bit come from , he came to us as a promising player , not a proven one like Hill , Chalk and cheese mate

What a great reaction. I give you facts about meeting him and then you continue the personal stuff. He was mates with Lenny and we did dinner every week for a group of saints players. Shoot me for that. And now you have said what he is like can you tell me the times you have seen him make an idiot of himself.
unlike you im not one to name drop to make myself look like a hero ... without doubt pretty much every person on this planet has the ability to be friendly and nice at a dinner party and im sure 90% of the time he acts as a civil person but i do know like many many many people he has the ability to be a bit of a shitbloke from time to time... not saying he is always a shitbloke just he has had shitbloke traits from time to time, namely he (like his brother) have short fuses and have gotten punchy. you want an example well ill give you his antics after the East Freo colts game about 6 years ago that happened no more than 20m away from me ... but again whats the point on discussing it cause you will just stick to your "well i shared a bathroom with him 197 times so i know better " line of convo ...
lets just leave it there cause it was a throwaway line i mentioned that really has nothing to do with the original post and im not going to get into a circle argument with you oldtimer ... not anymore

Back