Picola District Football League, general thread mk II.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard that Katty have been having a few runs before xmas, and they have had 30 odd at each session.

Good signs for the tigers in 08 and I think that they have picked up a couple of new players as well, not sure of names though.

I reckon any thing that comes LAWLESS'S way he deserves..... He would have to be the Biggest mouth in football..... Hope it hurt ya wanka...
he can still play the game mate, at least he isnt dirty, theres nothing wrong with a bit of lip out on the field. Steve is a great bloke and doesnt go out of his way to hit someone like what happened to him.

he can still play the game mate, at least he isnt dirty, theres nothing wrong with a bit of lip out on the field. Steve is a great bloke and doesnt go out of his way to hit someone like what happened to him.

If it was going to happen to anyone, it couldn’t have happened to a better bloke.

heard that wunghnu may be at the end, anyone know what the situation is there

Hey TTTT I was talking to 1u coach stuie craig this arvo & asked him the question you put forward & he was surprised to hear that! He said its very very positive out there at the moment! So cant help you out with to much there unless you can tell us a little more on why you heard it was the end & we'll try & get to the bottom of it!

But by all accounts everything is pretty positive for the pies!!

Hey TTTT I was talking to 1u coach stuie craig this arvo & asked him the question you put forward & he was surprised to hear that! He said its very very positive out there at the moment! So cant help you out with to much there unless you can tell us a little more on why you heard it was the end & we'll try & get to the bottom of it!

But by all accounts everything is pretty positive for the pies!!

dont really no much about what the problem is (thats if there is one). i was told by a couple of people that things arnt too good at the pies and thats it

I see on some other thread's that Waaia players are goin here and there.... How true, how many and why are they moving on??? (I understand the Meylands want to try a higher level)

u have got to be kidding

i agree with you scuba, although yes lawless is a good player when they are playing the weaker sides. he gives as much as he gets! true that he is also the biggest mouth in district too..... but then when you go out he licks everyones arse. i can see why kats09 sticks up for him, but wait til you play against him, you will wanna smash him like herbie obviously did but didnt?:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

The funny thing about Herbies punch to Lawless that game was Waaia actually played there best footy in that 15 minutes he was off the ground. I still think that there was nothing in the punch but lawless was smart and got one of waaias key players out of the game for a while. you cant blame lawless for diving if its gunna get a good player from the opposition out of the game. Herbie will just have to make sure its a good one next time he does it ahhaah.

The funny thing about Herbies punch to Lawless that game was Waaia actually played there best footy in that 15 minutes he was off the ground. I still think that there was nothing in the punch but lawless was smart and got one of waaias key players out of the game for a while. you cant blame lawless for diving if its gunna get a good player from the opposition out of the game. Herbie will just have to make sure its a good one next time he does it ahhaah.

Teams often lift when a player gets sent off for some reason, it's interesting to watch.

Scuba, it says on the KDFL thread that you and Lowy are off to Tally, that true?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mate how can there be nothin in it when it split him open?

if tungamah have got jacko powell that will be a big gain, not sure if they've confirmed it yet though, he played for yarrawonga seniors when was still eligible for 3rds and went and played for northern bullants i think.

rennie wont be an up there team im pretty sure, i think they'll struggle to get 3rds numbers, they usually get the boys that dont get a game at mul to play on permits for them.

tungamah started training last friday and only 10 or so turned up, there was a big funeral for the town though and it was pissing down rain.

tunga will be good again, by the sounds of it so will shepp east.

Meyland makes move to challenge himself

December 17 2008
Shepparton News

Waaia spearhead Greg Meyland has signed on the dotted line and will play for Numurkah next season.
Meyland was a century goal-kicker this year and instrumental in Waaia's run to a preliminary final of Picola District Football League.
Numurkah coach Chris O'Dwyer said Meyland would fill the key-forward position that Numurkah lacked this season in Murray Football League campaign.
"Greg has committed to us next season which is a huge thing for the club," O'Dwyer said.
"He has a big kick and has a strong presence on field and is just a natural footballer.
"He kicked more than 100 goals at Picola District Football League level, so he will certainly be a big asset for our forward line.
"Greg was an opposition player for me this year in the Picola league, so I have seen what he is capable of and what he has to offer the club."
O'Dwyer said Meyland wanted to test himself at Murray league level, but it was a hard decision to depart his beloved Waaia after wearing Bombers colours for so long.
"Greg is a staunch Waaia guy, so it was a really courageous decision for him to come here and have a go at the Murray Football League," O'Dwyer said.
"We are rapt he has decided to join Numurkah - the forward position was something we were lacking - so it's great we have been able to fill it with a local guy who already knows 85 to 90 per cent of the players."
Numurkah has been on the pre-season track three days a week for the past seven weeks with Mark Thomson from the Australian Institute of Sport.
Waaia coach Jon Varcoe said he hoped to see Meyland wearing the black and red again in his football future, wishing him all the best for his future with Numurkah in the Murray Football League.
"Obviously we're disappointed that he's gone, but he wanted to test himself at that level" Varcoe said yesterday.
"We hope to not lose any other players, we're out there recruiting."

lawless possibly did more damage when he headbatted the ground, then when herbie touched him
thats the biggest load of sh** mate, it was a punch, clearly everyone saw it an that is why he was reported. even if steve does give a bit of lip on the ground, in a prelim final you should jus cop it an move on and not risk getting rubbed out for the following week.

Club Review

Club - Shepp East
Position in 2008 - 8th
Senior 2008 B & F winner - ??
Most important player/ person -
Up and coming star - ???
What went right in 2008 - Plenty of injuries to an aging list
What went wrong in 2008 - Appeared to stagnet.
Coach for 2009 - Best
Possible losses for 2009 -
Possible gains for 2009 - Mason, Osborne, Best, Molicak
Looking toward 2009 - The Eagles would look to regain some of there 2006 form and may need to picked up a few KPP to replace those aging in those positions. Appear to have recruited well through the midfield.

Club Review

Club - Deniliquin Rovers
Position in 2008 - 7th
Senior 2008 B & F winner - May ??
Most important player/ person - Robinson, Fitzpatrick
Up and coming star - ???
What went right in 2008 -
What went wrong in 2008 -
Coach for 2009 - Bode
Possible losses for 2009 - Retirements ??
Possible gains for 2009 -
Looking toward 2009 - The Rovers were early 2008 season favourites, with the recruitement of Braybon, May in particular.
Unfortunately a few older players tended to struggle through the middle and later parts of the season.
May appeared to have a good season as did Braybon particularly in the earlier part of the season, whilst suprise packet Blake appeared to be valuable when available. Todd the other recruit from the off season had little impact to the extent he was restricted to a finals campaign in the magoos.
2009 , with the league split, again seems to suggest the Rovers are capable.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back