Senior List
Aug 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando magic
Hi guys,
I am a year 12 media student doing a magazine on AFL, and to obtain top marks you need to use pictures that are not owned by someone (eg herald sun). So i was wondering where i would be able to get pictures from matches, training etc that are not copyrighted.

I take photoes myself when i can at games but they are not that good as i sit on level 3 and i cannot get to all games.

Thanks a million,
Blueboy

I imagine anyone that is gonna have photos available of multiple games/good quality etc on the internet is going to have them copyrighted.

One thing you can do, although they won't be of the matches, is to go round the boards and get photos of the club's trainings? Though I got the impression you are doing match reports and stuff, not just a general essay of AFL.

Hi guys,
I am a year 12 media student doing a magazine on AFL, and to obtain top marks you need to use pictures that are not owned by someone (eg herald sun). So i was wondering where i would be able to get pictures from matches, training etc that are not copyrighted.

I take photoes myself when i can at games but they are not that good as i sit on level 3 and i cannot get to all games.

Thanks a million,
Blueboy

Your welcome to any of mine as long as you follow their Creative Commons license (i.e. Not for commerical use and give Attribution for them and mention the CC license. See here for more info on it: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/deed.en).

You can the photos here. Mainly Hawks. http://www.flickr.com/photos/themalones/tags/afl
I do (if I say so myself) have a good one of the John Kennedy statue at Waverly.

Best of luck!

If you send me a private message with your email (and what players you would be interested in) I would be happy to supply you with photos from the Brisbane Lions training sessions I have. They are high quality taken with a digital SLR.

Mine would also have to be used with the Creative Common licence but seeing it is for school work you may find there are different rules about copyright anyway.

I know for example in my university degree we are able to use songs etc in our video work without having to apply for permission as it is assessment based only and will never be put into the public eye/earn us any money - but you may want to double check this with your teacher.

Hi guys,
I am a year 12 media student doing a magazine on AFL

As a student, you are quite free to reproduce copyrighted material for educational purposes. It's known under the Copyright Act as "Special Exception". Your use of copyright material without permission must be "fair".

You can find out more information at http://www.copyright.org.au

-huwcar

I know for example in my university degree we are able to use songs etc in our video work without having to apply for permission as it is assessment based only and will never be put into the public eye/earn us any money - but you may want to double check this with your teacher.
For a school assignment there'd be no issues with using any photos, as long as if the pics aren't yours you acknowledge the source of the photos - you'll often see on newspaper articles a caption and then an acknowledgement; as long as you do that, you'll be fine.

That being the case, you're welcome to use any of mine - click here for the latest AFL page and follow the photo gallery links on the left hand column.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back