Coach Experience Coach required for FFC

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll love Ken Hinkley.

I promise.

Throw the book at him.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
My team is desperate enough and crazy enough to do it too.

If Ken Hinkley can emulate the similar success of finals just like he did as Port Adelaide coach from 2013-21, I am keen...

More than happy to make finals in 2024-5 with 2 Elim finals in a row. No finals in 2026-7. Elim final in 2028, no finals in 2029-30 then a couple of home preliminary final losses in 2031-32.

I will take that no questions asked.

It was strange to me that Lyon was so far out of favour by the end at Freo. They were a re building side that looked to be on the up.

From memory, injuries really derailed that last season when they were off to a great start and he was doing with with a lot of kids
It's was his personality, I reckon, the dark clouds start forming and he hunkers down, circles his wagons, makes things worse.

These days he seems to be a much more distributive coach, sharing glory and responsibility, having a bit more of a listen, a tad more relaxed.

A tad. The ol' Ross the fckn animal is still lingering under the surface.

It's was his personality, I reckon, the dark clouds start forming and he hunkers down, circles his wagons, makes things worse.

These days he seems to be a much more distributive coach, sharing glory and responsibility, having a bit more of a listen, a tad more relaxed.

A tad. The ol' Ross the fckn animal is still lingering under the surface.

Maybe because the inappropriate, Ol Ross the fckn animal took a shine to this young pregnant woman’s budding t***ies…
Wouldn‘t want my wife working with the creep.

All you said was 2nd stint, does it matter when or who was the last coach
Yes, because what I asked was:

"Can someone please tell me the last time a coach was on their second stint and won a premiership? Was it Malthouse in 2010?"

Edit: The reason that was important was because I was intrigued by how much recent evidence there was that experienced coach = premiership, and there's very little of that considering even Malthouse took 11 years to hold up the cup, so results weren't immediate then.

They need to go through a rigorous process like Collingwood did. As opposed to waiting to hear a name that strikes a chord.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a bit strange that a few years ago they chased multiple players to 'bring them home'
  • Jesse Hogan
  • Cam McCarthy
  • Brad Hill
  • Brandon Matera
  • Rory Lobb
  • Harley Bennell
Obviously there were others but these were marquee signings for them.

None panned out and 3/6 were traded again to another team.

Eagles don't seem to have player retention issues but then they don't have many star youngsters.

Wouldn't be surprised if Luke Jackson is back playing over east in a few years.

Why?
Saints sacked Ratten then landed Lyon.
We sacked Nobes then laded Clarko.
Both clubs doing well so far with experienced previous coaches.
I don't even know where to start with this reply.

First of all, it's round 4 so you can't deem either Lyon or Clarkson appointments a complete success or failure. They're doing well, for sure.

Secondly, they're two of the best coaches of all time. Clubs should always try to get the best available coach but the chances of having one of the best coaches of all time available are extraordinarily low.

There are 14 clubs currently coached by coaches in their first stint, which suggests that chances are clubs are more often going to hire a first time coach. So the blueprint should be that you build your coaching department, as opposed to focusing solely on your senior coach - and where possible, surround your senior coach with experienced assistants.

It was strange to me that Lyon was so far out of favour by the end at Freo. They were a re building side that looked to be on the up.

From memory, injuries really derailed that last season when they were off to a great start and he was doing with with a lot of kids
I think Lyon has had some time to reflect on past mistakes, he lost a lot of talent from the Saints the first time around from not playing them, it is why your rebuild was so long and painful.

My team is desperate enough and crazy enough to do it too.

If Ken Hinkley can emulate the similar success of finals just like he did as Port Adelaide coach from 2013-21, I am keen...

More than happy to make finals in 2024-5 with 2 Elim finals in a row. No finals in 2026-7. Elim final in 2028, no finals in 2029-30 then a couple of home preliminary final losses in 2031-32.

I will take that no questions asked.
Come back to me in 2032 and see how you feel.

Come back to me in 2032 and see how you feel.

Believe me your team's standards and my standard's are different. Your team is complaining about winning just 5 finals from 2013-21.

I would be happy to see Freo win 5 or 6 finals in the next 30 years from 2025-54. LoL

I am waiting until the end of 2024 for 2 reasons...

1. It's when Justin Longmuir contract runs out (unless we sack him at the end of this season and take ken Hinkley off your team's hands)

2. At the end of 2024. That means freos 30 years... I can look back at most of the bad times and the very few good times. LoL.

Your complaining about 5 finals wins in 10 seasons. With how badly run my team is, I would be happy seeing my club make finals 10 times in 30 seasons.

Have a few periods of making finals for 2 or 3 years in a row.

Again, I would be happy to see my team won 5 finals in the next 30 seasons. Provided that each Elim final win we get in a season is backed up with another Elim final the next season or even before.

Dockers made finals only 8 times since 1995 : 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012-5 and 2022.

Again not a lot to look back on. I would of loved to have made back to back finals outside of 2012-5.

Read through this whole thread a not a single mention of Truck Rutton?

-has experience and will be better second time around (knows what not to do)

- like Mccrae he is a former disciple of Dimma, so has been privy to the blueprint for success in the modern game

Just amazed he is not being discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back