Pies to target Key position forward in National Draft in November

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t see any grounds for that sort of optimism. Traditional media are broke, understaffed and demoralised; content is getting less researched, validated and truthful every day; readers are deserting them in droves; they’re going out of business thanks to the dedicated pursuit of bad strategies; and media owners are too stupid to change course.

I'm looking at it from the consumer end. We're gradually becoming more cynical and savvy. It'll take a while for the majority of us to become experts at recognising shite because many are ingrained with the notion we grew up with of a trustworthy media (it never was that trustworthy though). It's like when snake oil salesman descended on small towns in the middle of nowhere. They were successful at first because no one was used to the bullshit, but after a while everybody could recognised them from a mile off. Once this occurs, the whole media battlefield will change.

According to the Pies Website,Collingwood will be targeting a Key Position Forward in the National Draft.

With Pick 35 we are targeting, Mitch Georgiardis

Others on the radar are Brock Smith,Thomson Dow, Hugo Ralphsmith.

Any intel on any or all these players guys and gals ?????
Well the penny’s finally dropped, hellulujia...now how many more years before we announce we are going to draft a small speedy crumbing clever forward??

How many do we need, l think we are quite well stocked for talls at either end on the list.
But Hine will go best available no matter, what the kid is

Well the penny’s finally dropped, hellulujia...now how many more years before we announce we are going to draft a small speedy crumbing clever forward??
Thought we drafted attu for that role?

Jury’s out, should be tearing it up in the VFL by now.
Not really, will take time, towards the end started to come on nicely l thought

The article isn't from Collingwood, it's a repost of the article written by AFL staff on the AFL website. I highly doubt we would be openly showing our hand before the draft actually happens.
:)
List everyone we don't want and hope Cartoon draft them all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many do we need, l think we are quite well stocked for talls at either end on the list.
But Hine will go best available no matter, what the kid is
The issue is we have stocked up with very speculative ones. You've got to assume that a fair few of the experiments won't work out, so we need to pick lots of them. Then you've got the problem of a heap of young underdeveloped talls in the VFL team and it will be a woeful team. Hopefully, a couple of last year's batch kick on and are at least good VFL players by the end of the year.

Should always draft best available.
At pick 1000?
We are not rebuilding and if anything 2020 should be a year of rationalisation.
If we don't win a flag in 2020 we will be offloading 5-8 senior players.
Bucks will be back under the same pump he started under and the whole merry-go-round begins again.
The real hope is that the AFL do not "manufacture" yet another start-up which steals all the talent from the existing sides and the comp may "eventually" find a bit of equilibrium promised by the draft before the Swans were moved to Sydney.
Yes folks that is how long ago there was a totally uncompromised draft.
The adrft was meant to eqaulise the comp but since day one it has been used to advance the "start-up" sides.
Swans, Bears, Adelaide, Port, Wet Toast, Freo, GC and GWS. count em....8 more sides......all granted the best picks, list extensions, higher salary caps not to mention the Vic clubs granted priority picks.
The Pies have been thoroughly reamed by the AFL for 3 decades and on top of that have willingly given our profits to other clubs to keep them alive.

We should get a flag every 4 years just out of gratitude from the AFL, but they happily arse rape us every season or two for fun and profit.
If Collingwood folded, the AFL would be dead to me.

At pick 1000?
We are not rebuilding and if anything 2020 should be a year of rationalisation.
If we don't win a flag in 2020 we will be offloading 5-8 senior players.
Bucks will be back under the same pump he started under and the whole merry-go-round begins again.
The real hope is that the AFL do not "manufacture" yet another start-up which steals all the talent from the existing sides and the comp may "eventually" find a bit of equilibrium promised by the draft before the Swans were moved to Sydney.
Yes folks that is how long ago there was a totally uncompromised draft.
The adrft was meant to eqaulise the comp but since day one it has been used to advance the "start-up" sides.
Swans, Bears, Adelaide, Port, Wet Toast, Freo, GC and GWS. count em....8 more sides......all granted the best picks, list extensions, higher salary caps not to mention the Vic clubs granted priority picks.
The Pies have been thoroughly reamed by the AFL for 3 decades and on top of that have willingly given our profits to other clubs to keep them alive.

We should get a flag every 4 years just out of gratitude from the AFL, but they happily arse rape us every season or two for fun and profit.
If Collingwood folded, the AFL would be dead to me.
You’re aware that we were the beneficiary of a priority pick that secured one of the lynchpins of our 2010 Premiership in Thomas right? It’s easier to moan about how we get the raw end of the stick than look at the benefits we’ve been given I guess. Let’s just forget that we’ve likely been handed 2 first round NGA prospects in 3 years (and maybe even 3 in 4 if Dib comes on).

The issue is we have stocked up with very speculative ones. You've got to assume that a fair few of the experiments won't work out, so we need to pick lots of them. Then you've got the problem of a heap of young underdeveloped talls in the VFL team and it will be a woeful team. Hopefully, a couple of last year's batch kick on and are at least good VFL players by the end of the year.
I think with the ones we have now, we have to find out if any will be good or not, so adding more to the mix, will slow or stop of the development of who we already got, so if we don’t get any or maybe one l am more than fine going with who we have for another year.

I think with the ones we have now, we have to find out if any will be good or not, so adding more to the mix, will slow or stop of the development of who we already got, so if we don’t get any or maybe one l am more than fine going with who we have for another year.
I think as supporters we concentrate only on the games because that's all we see for most of us and often forget how much feedback clubs get from training. I think the coaches would have already significantly narrowed down the likelihood of Keane and Tohill making it, as they've had a year at the club without significant injuries. Kelly and Wilson are a different story due to injury and less time at the club, but there still would have been a fair bit of narrowing of expectations.

Moral of the story is I've got no idea if we should pick up any more young undeveloped talls, but the club will have a much better understanding. I'm happy to back the club whatever they do.

You’re aware that we were the beneficiary of a priority pick that secured one of the lynchpins of our 2010 Premiership in Thomas right? It’s easier to moan about how we get the raw end of the stick than look at the benefits we’ve been given I guess. Let’s just forget that we’ve likely been handed 2 first round NGA prospects in 3 years (and maybe even 3 in 4 if Dib comes on).
I think it might have been even more beneficial. I think the comp pick came after your first. So we got Pendles out of it. Add in that im pretty confident that we tanked in order to get that compo pick we used...

I think it might have been even more beneficial. I think the comp pick came after your first. So we got Pendles out of it. Add in that im pretty confident that we tanked in order to get that compo pick we used...
No, we had pick 5 that year which we used on Pendles. Our compo pick was before the first round. Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorn all received priority picks in 05 which ended up being Murphy, Thomas and Ellis. This was back in the day when the AFL handed out priority picks like they were candy. Fair to say that Carlton picked well with Murphy and Kennedy (although they gave him away for Judd like idiots), we nailed it with Thomas and Pendles and the Hawks completely wasted their picks on Ellis and Dowler.

Yes I remember at the time many had the Pies choosing Ellis over Thomas. One of my colleagues turned to me to say ‘only we could have firetrucked that pick’. The following day I was speaking with a Hawthorn recruiter I knew at the time and he actually said the Hawks were desparate for Thomas and rated him at number 1 in that draft.

They still had an opportunity to draft the best player in that draft.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back