Player in legal action against the AFL and Essendon - Hal Hunter

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that it includes Essendon.

We've heard a lot of 'the AFL were the bad guys here' and 'the AFL had a duty of care to the players' but none of it has been directed at Essendon - much to the bemusement of many of us.

So this is interesting.

FWIW, it's probably the only way the truth will come out. We had a sniff that it would when Robinson sued them, but of course the club shut that down. I wonder how they'll play this one...
The thing is under the WHS act though the AFL has some responsibility but the EFC has the greater DoC which is what Bruce has conveniently either overlooked or not reported.
For the purpose of the Act the AFL get classified as Officers these are the body who ensures that things like the WADA code is in place and state that all clubs must abide by it. EFC under the Act are classified as Person Conducting Business or Undertaking (PCBU) this is the entity that is responsible for the job site and all personnel working there making sure that they comply with all safe systems of work set out by the Officers and any regulatory body i.e. ASADA

sadly this is the first but it won't be the last, particularly if things go badly next week. It's their livelihood - many of them really will have no choice whether they want to or not. Sam might be the first, but he won't be the last. Personally I find it despicable that anyone would take pleasure in seeing this unfold, but not surprising.

Pleasure in seeing it unfold??????No i want justice ....U can back your club or whatever u want to do,but this has been in everyones face for 2 years.....I want to watch football not days ofour lives essendon football club...Sue the pants off them and lets get back to footy

sadly this is the first but it won't be the last, particularly if things go badly next week. It's their livelihood - many of them really will have no choice whether they want to or not. Sam might be the first, but he won't be the last. Personally I find it despicable that anyone would take pleasure in seeing this unfold, but not surprising.
Its not pleasure Lance for everyone here, more of finally those aggrieved can truly understand what has occurred without any stage managing.

No emotional blackmail of mate-ship or sticking fat. The penny had to drop sooner or later, shame it was not sooner.

There are even more people that find the actions of your club over the last few years despicable.....

Like I said earlier, I'll wait to see if it actually happens first, so much hinges on next week.

I am really surprised he didn't wait until after the ruling, where they could form a joint class action, if guilty of course, against the AFL and EFC.

I wonder what prompted him to go early.

yep its all been said before...this case wont be thrown out .It cant and it wont.If it was dealt with 2 years ago would all be done and dusted by now

the attitude of your President does not help the view of the non essendon fan with your prediciment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's a drug cheat?

yep, the irony of that post was that poster calling Essendon drug cheats, but the Essendon players suing because they were not aware they were drug cheats, hedging bets is always a good thing.

The Voyeurism on the HTB is just palpable. :)

I'm no law-talker but I struggle to see how he has much of a case if the Tribunal concludes that Essendon did nothing wrong. Surely he would have to show actual harm, not merely the possibility that harm might have occurred under a hypothetical scenario.

Like others I see this as fishing for a keep-quiet out of court settlement. It is often cheaper to pay $50k than go through the courts.

Hmmmmmmm

Cant see it being $50 grand.All depends really how long they played there ,what sort ofplayer etc...hell who knows,everything is just a guessing game

yep, the irony of that post was that poster calling Essendon drug cheats, but the Essendon players suing because they were not aware they were drug cheats, hedging bets is always a good thing.

The Voyeurism on the HTB is just palpable. :)

Yet here you are again, is that ironic ?

If we use the term drug victim, would that appease your senses Fabio ?

This is going to be awesome

m7FD3FOhmyO8vslGiCllDWwj1QTpngzxKXborR7g-CZp9wZExPNVqrNj3q76SBpOnDOz44aMgqQIew6ysNypxueAjyuE8CGqdATnZJlnbVPAgtDH1uH4s55MqUO_dugwVIP79oI=w300-h300-nc

No pleasure from me personally. The whole thing has been a travesty IMO. I just hope, nay, long for the day the players who did not know what they were taking get justice. If that means they have to sue or leave the EFC and play elsewhere, like a heppell for example, then so let it be.

Sam ? , is that confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back