Discussion Player names on guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

InCase

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
052514giants.jpg

A discussion worthy of it's own thread. It's interesting and looks quite good, I know a few here want names on guernseys. It does look good, however chuck in the back logo, whether the name moves above the number, or the logo positions below the name would look way too cluttered.

I am sure a few have some concepts of how names could be incorporated into guernseys, I would like to see them.

What are your thoughts? yay or nay?

Would prefer it above the number like the EPL, NBA, etc. Still not a fan of the idea, because sitting in the stands reading black text on an orange background in a quick flash you won't have any hope reading the name.

If you want to know who the players are then buy a ridiculously over-priced record or bring a radio. :thumbsu:

I just don't think it's necessary, that's the point of the numbers - to identify the players. If you add their names, you may as well lose the numbers, which would suck because the numbers are much easier to read.

Good initiative for GWS to use in this game, beyond that I don't want to see them make their way into footy.

I have no problem with them. As i've stated in other threads on the matter, I think as we move into free agency players will get smarter at marketing themselves and this sort of thing is an inevitablity.

I'd put it above the numbers. The only issue would be clubs like us or sydney that have writing above the numbers as is, but i'm pretty sure it will all fit in pretty easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back