PS5 PlayStation 5 - November 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
have EB games sent out emails or anything yet?

EB was more of a case of if you managed to pre-order online you were actually locked in for your prospective launch.

If Sony produce more stock though I'll be livid if people aren't pushed ahead in the queue.

Do we know if you got the SMS from JB and made the payment etc. yesterday that it means you actually have launch stock?

Apparently if you got the following text from JB then you’re in for launch day pick up if you chose click and collect or if you chose delivery it will be 2-5 days after launch day.

“Your spot in the queue for your PS5 Console pre-order is confirmed! We’ll SMS you soon with a link to pay your remaining console balance. Pay by Mastercard, Visa or PayPal. Gift Cards not accepted.”

There is another text message JBHIFI were sending out to other people.

Hi [redacted], just a heads up that due to your place in the queue and stock limitations, unfortunately you won’t get your Xbox Series X preorder on release day. But don’t worry, your spot is confirmed to get your console just before Christmas. We’ll SMS you with a link soon to pay your remaining console balance. Pay by Mastercard, Visa or PayPal. Gift Cards not accepted.”

The reason I reckon the first text is for launch day stock is because the second text is pretty straightforward that those recipients have missed out on launch day stock.

Apparently if you got the following text from JB then you’re in for launch day pick up if you chose click and collect or if you chose delivery it will be 2-5 days after launch day.

“Your spot in the queue for your PS5 Console pre-order is confirmed! We’ll SMS you soon with a link to pay your remaining console balance. Pay by Mastercard, Visa or PayPal. Gift Cards not accepted.”

There is another text message JBHIFI were sending out to other people.

Hi [redacted], just a heads up that due to your place in the queue and stock limitations, unfortunately you won’t get your Xbox Series X preorder on release day. But don’t worry, your spot is confirmed to get your console just before Christmas. We’ll SMS you with a link soon to pay your remaining console balance. Pay by Mastercard, Visa or PayPal. Gift Cards not accepted.”

The reason I reckon the first text is for launch day stock is because the second text is pretty straightforward that those recipients have missed out on launch day stock.

Thanks mate.

Yep I got the first SMS relating to PS5, also got the same SMS about the Xbox Series X.

Although I haven't read online anyone getting an SMS about Christmas stock for PS5...

Thanks mate.

Yep I got the first SMS relating to PS5, also got the same SMS about the Xbox Series X.

Although I haven't read online anyone getting an SMS about Christmas stock for PS5...

That’s probably why I haven’t been able to find a similar text to the second one in my post for PS5, because there isn’t one 😂

Dumb question (will be my first console purchase since the original Xbox) but if there is backwards compatibility, wouldn’t you be able to get all games digital on the day of the PS5 digital release from PS4 etc?

You mean buying PS4 games from the store on the PS5? I suppose so. I guess I own so many PS4 games already I'm mostly thinking in terms of what new games will be available.

You mean buying PS4 games from the store on the PS5? I suppose so. I guess I own so many PS4 games already I'm mostly thinking in terms of what new games will be available.
I see - I misunderstood. Why would new games not be available on PS5 digital?

YOu can still buy them, just not on the web/mobile store. only from that console itself.

Of course this is a lesson in not reading the article first. That’s good at least, although have you used the PS Store on the PS3 lately? It’s a bloody brick 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol I didn't even see the previous email. I guess anyone who got this can be reassured that you've got a launch console.

View attachment 980971

Weird email stating payment due closer to the date when most of us are working on the trade in deal.

Weird email stating payment due closer to the date when most of us are working on the trade in deal.

Do you get that option closer to the date? I'm not trading anything in so I honestly don't know how the trade stuff is working. Especially in Victoria where it sounds like we'll still be locked away.

Do you get that option closer to the date? I'm not trading anything in so I honestly don't know how the trade stuff is working. Especially in Victoria where it sounds like we'll still be locked away.
I believe it is available up to and including launch day. Also those that have already pre ordered.

I'm curious how trade ins will work when stores in Vic have only have click and collect
I assume their banking on restrictions being eased sooner rather than later.

Trade in is available until 31st Jan, providing you selected click and collect, you won't get deducted the balance.

If you're doing trade in + click and collect for launch day and you live in Vic , probably worth touching base with your local soon.

With the 5k radius still well in effect im not sold I'll be collecting on launch day for now as I'm only just out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back