PS5 PlayStation 5 - November 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the chances of them honouring this deal but with Ps4 games and an xbox console. Would prefer to keep my ps4 til launch trade in if possible.

I'm not sure if you have to trade in the console at the time as well, although it does read that way.

Surely you would just be able to trade in the games towards it and then the console itself when picking up the PS5?

Suppose they are trying to avoid getting a million trade ins on launch day to speed things up.
You'd want to be trading it in on the 9th at the latest. EB will be overflowing on the 10th onwards due to the Xbox releasing that day.

A week without gaming will be a nice way to transition into the next gen or atleast use a different console/computer/phone.

Wonder if you will get the upgraded trade % if you are not getting your PS5 at EB? Would like to trade the PS4 etc for credit on games but getting my PS5 at The Good Guys.
doubt it. It says when you trade in towards your PS5/XSX pre-order.

You'd want to be trading it in on the 9th at the latest. EB will be overflowing on the 10th onwards due to the Xbox releasing that day.

A week without gaming will be a nice way to transition into the next gen or atleast use a different console/computer/phone.
They don't have any more launch stock so doubt anyone is rocking up on the 12th to try and get one.

This probably sounds quite dumb, but can you buy a game ‘new’ once you have the PS5 that is backwards compatible, or did you already need to own it?

I don’t own a console atm, so will be starting with an empty library. All the stuff I read regards backwards compatibility for those that already have something in their library.

So, for example, if I get a PS5 digital and wanted to purchase F1 2020 (insert title of any existing game, really) which is already out for PS4, can I buy the PS4 version via the online store and play it on PS5 digital?

Or can I only buy ‘new’ games available for PS5 or HAVE to already have it?

This probably sounds quite dumb, but can you buy a game ‘new’ once you have the PS5 that is backwards compatible, or did you already need to own it?

I don’t own a console atm, so will be starting with an empty library. All the stuff I read regards backwards compatibility for those that already have something in their library.

So, for example, if I get a PS5 digital and wanted to purchase F1 2020 (insert title of any existing game, really) which is already out for PS4, can I buy the PS4 version via the online store and play it on PS5 digital?

Or can I only buy ‘new’ games available for PS5 or HAVE to already have it?
Yep, you can buy anything digitally that will work on the PS5. Eg. 99% of PS4 games. There will be a few years of this, including new PS4 games that are released after the PS5 release.

You should get PS Plus if you haven't had a PS4. The list of AAA games on the PS Plus collection are some of the best for the gen.

Yep, you can buy anything digitally that will work on the PS5. Eg. 99% of PS4 games. There will be a few years of this, including new PS4 games that are released after the PS5 release.

You should get PS Plus if you haven't had a PS4. The list of AAA games on the PS Plus collection are some of the best for the gen.

That’s my plan, will pick up Miles Morales and then catch up on the PS4 first parties. I never played Last of us, God of War or Persona 5.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thanks for the quick response. I had assumed so but was hard to find an answer for a dummy question.

I will look at PS Plus... I’m a pretty casual gamer (I still play my SNES and last console I had was the original Xbox) so will see if it’s worth it for me personally. It may not be worth it as I may only actually ever play a handful of games and it may go weeks/months without the console being touched. But good to get across the PS Plus collection/library and see.

I never had a PS4 so I'll just be catching up on PS4 games for a while and I'm really liking the look of the PS Plus Collection. Besides, I see some of the PS5 launch titles like Demon's Souls and Godfall are very expensive anyway, so I may as well just play the PS4 games I want for cheap.

The first game I'll play is Batman: Arkham Knight, then I'll download Days Gone from PS Plus Collection. Then I'll get Cyberpunk 2077 for Christmas and after that the PS4 titles I want to get through are Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War (PS Plus Collection). Then in 2021 I've got Gotham Knights, Hogwarts Legacy, Horizon Forbidden West etc. all coming out.

I don't think I'll play any PS5 exclusive until Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never had a PS4 so I'll just be catching up on PS4 games for a while and I'm really liking the look of the PS Plus Collection. Besides, I see some of the PS5 launch titles like Demon's Souls and Godfall are very expensive anyway, so I may as well just play the PS4 games I want for cheap.

The first game I'll play is Batman: Arkham Knight, then I'll download Days Gone from PS Plus Collection. Then I'll get Cyberpunk 2077 for Christmas and after that the PS4 titles I want to get through are Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War (PS Plus Collection). Then in 2021 I've got Gotham Knights, Hogwarts Legacy, Horizon Forbidden West etc. all coming out.

I don't think I'll play any PS5 exclusive until Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart.

Have fun, PS+ Collection is really damn good for people who didn't have a PS4. Enough content to hold people over for a couple of years, and to think they're probably going to keep adding to it also.

Wonder if you will get the upgraded trade % if you are not getting your PS5 at EB? Would like to trade the PS4 etc for credit on games but getting my PS5 at The Good Guys.

Was this an honest question? lol?

also went click and collect but i only got a post launch 2020 order, anyone else got that when we reckon we getting our ps5s

people might want to check Amazon in a week or 2. i had a 2nd pre-order there for my brother in law. but he decided he didnt want to spend $750, so im going to cancel that one. i think i saw a few others had back up orders at amazon in case JB fell through since they had a warning when orders went live that it wasnt guaranteed launch stock.

Sorry, yeah it was for delivery. Derp. I should have clarified in case anyone doing pick up obviously wouldn't have got that email and may have panicked lol.

I'll also strive to learn how to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back