PS5 PlayStation 5 - November 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will mostly likely be sold out for months, most titles are coming to ps4 it seems so unless you really want to upgrade I'd say hold off but don't expect a price drop for a few years.
Without preorder do you think it will be hard to get one for months? Would preorder likely avoid this we think? I dont mind not getting it week 1, but don't want to be waiting until March 2021 before stock comes available.

Without preorder do you think it will be hard to get one for months? Would preorder likely avoid this we think? I dont mind not getting it week 1, but don't want to be waiting until March 2021 before stock comes available.
If you wait, then you're likely to miss out for a little while. You can always cancel a pre-order.

With that being said, based on the current release, Australia is a key region so stocks will likely be replenished quickly enough that you won't be waiting more than a few weeks to a month I would guess.

I wouldn't be expecting a price drop until mid-next year though. It's not dropping ultra fast, as these things right now, are likely selling at a loss.

They will probably get 3 shipments in before the end of the year, I'd suggest wait and see how fast the first shipment sells out and then decide if you should preorder. I don't expect stock on store shelfs for a fair while.

Had a work meeting so missed the lack of heads up by EB. Annoying as I'm only getting it on the basis of trading in the PS4 pro.

campaigners.

It’s strange that there has been absolutely no heads up for PS5 preorders. Microsoft have given people two weeks heads up from when a release date was announced to the XBOX going live to order on September 22nd. Gotta feel for the people who assume it would have been the same thing considering the PS5 was only announced 3 hours ago.

I don’t think Sony said on the showcase that preorders would be live today. Unless I missed it.

Pre-ordered mine just before the sell out, wouldn't put it past websites to crash if they announced a set time maybe? I dunno though

It’s strange that there has been absolutely no heads up for PS5 preorders. XBOX have giving people two weeks heads up from when a release date was announced to the console going live to order on September 22nd. Gotta feel for the people who assume it would have been the same thing considering the PS5 was only announced 3 hours ago.

I don’t think Sone said on the showcase that preorders would be live today. Unless I missed it.

Yeah, I don't remember hearing it either.

Part of me is thinking to pre-order digital though as most games I'm getting on PC, and the only games I play on PS4 are ones with mates like Destiny. Probably force me to be a bit wiser with cash and not get more games when I have an insane backlog.

Do existing PS4 digital purchases carry over to PS5?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I don't remember hearing it either.

Part of me is thinking to pre-order digital though as most games I'm getting on PC, and the only games I play on PS4 are ones with mates like Destiny. Probably force me to be a bit wiser with cash and not get more games when I have an insane backlog.

Do existing PS4 digital purchases carry over to PS5?

PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games (Sony said thousands of titles have been tested already), so you can use disc or digital. If you have an external HDD with all your digital games, you can connect it into the PS5 to use. Only thing I am unsure of is if the PS5 will format the External HDD to use on the PS5 or if it will work straight off the bat when your PSN Account is logged into on the PS5.

JB's red note seems VERY dodgy and I'm not at all convinced by it.

I've pre-ordered at both EB and JB right now, as I'm not sure what the actual pick up possibilities are for Melbourne people when it's out (I assume they will figure something out even if they can't be "open to the public"). But I'm not confident in the JB order.

I would have to think they do it as a "who got in first" type of system, but again, that red note really just seems to leave it up to JB's discretion.

PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games (Sony said thousands of titles have been tested already), so you can use disc or digital. If you have an external HDD with all your digital games, you can connect it into the PS5 to use. Only thing I am unsure of is if the PS5 will format the External HDD to use on the PS5 or if it will work straight off the bat when your PSN Account is logged into on the PS5.

Be nice if Sony could show us the UI and features on thier you tube channel

******* EB games are pricks with no notice...lucky I checked right on time.

So happy I secured mine. Taking the week off work as we pick up our new puppy on the same week. Going to be an exciting week that's for sure!

I didn't, I was driving to work :mad:

Came on here to check the chatter about preorder when I got to work and saw that it had started, jumped on and the *ers had already sold out of the disc version so had to go with the digital instead.

EB says that I can go in store on launch day to pay the rest or if you want to trade in games when I pre ordered.

So thats good

For us Vic plebs though?

JB don't do console trade ins though do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back