PlayStation VR

Remove this Banner Ad

How big is the world? PS Store says its only a 1GB game.
As big as the world. There's a lot of replication and the closer you go, the worse it looks but you're not meant to be walking along the street, you're meant to be flying around saving humanity from the alien invasion and it looks fine from that distance. Apparently you can travel as far out as Saturn but I've yet to do that. Only had a quick go last night but it looks like fun. I think the game is only about 2 or 3 hours long from the sounds of it so a lot of people may baulk at the $24 price tag but I was fine with it.

Yeah looks like one I'll wait to go on special. Still trying to find time to finish Superhot :p
Just a couple of other things I'll mention. I generally hate music in games and the first thing I'll do is turn it off but I found the music really quite good and also the sounds of the people screaming/general chaos as buildings collapse was pretty cool. The other thing is that this game would be pretty crap without the VR element but with it it's pretty freaky actually flying around the planet heading out of and into the atmosphere and flying around in space. I turned off all the comfort settings and did feel a bit nauseous but I'm hoping that'll pass.

As if you're not keen for VR fishing.
Ironically it looks like the title with the most attention to detail.

On reflection I suppose Ultrawings looks like it might have potential and the Megalith trailer didn't really show you anything but said Megalith and a pair of hands so probably too early to make a call on that. I'm a little bit sick of the cartoony type games though like Ultrawings and Bow to Blood. It looks like the Playroom or whatever it's called.

Played a bit more Megaton Rainfall last night. Really getting the hang of the flight controls now and got a couple of new super powers. One of them is this huge power blast that makes a crater. I pretty much levelled a city block trying it out - sorry peeps! :D Also went to the Himalayas and used said powers to dig down into the earth. Made quite an impressively deep hole!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I am reading is good things about it :O

Admittedly I am not searching for reviews as I am not paying 100 bucks for it again, but I have not seen many negatives.
I just read this one.

The problem is that while Resident Evil 7 was specifically made with VR in mind, Skyrim was most certainly not. Although the most noticeable problem on starting the game up is how much the visuals have had to be compromised in order to work on a PlayStation 4. Even ignoring the relatively low resolution of the headset, the graphics have had to be downgraded considerably in order to run smoothly. Donning the headset does feel like stepping into a separate reality, but one in which your glasses have fallen off and the landscape seems to be made out of Minecraft blocks. Such is the magic of VR though, that you get used to it surprisingly quickly and the sense of immersion is still intoxicating. The VR experience is at its most satisfying when you’re just walking around the world, visiting familiar haunts, and imagining how amazing VR tech is going to be in five or 10 years from now. Unfortunately, the current reality frequently brings you back down to earth. Apart from the visuals there are two key problems with Skyrim VR: the controls and the bugs. The game has always had its fair share of bugs, but in hacking it apart to fit in VR these problems seem to have been exacerbated. There’s a constant stream of graphical and audio glitches, as well as more serious bugs that can drop you through the world or break the controls.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/21/the-e...r-review-fantasy-reality-7095099/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Sounds like Skyrim is another bust. Buggy af and major downgrade on graphics to get it to work. Played it the first time, certainly not paying new game price to play a buggier, worse looking version just so I can imagine what a proper VR version might be like. SIGH
The movement controls sound like balls. Thumbsticks on the controllers could have solved issues like this. Will wait for price drop - spent 400 hours in it first time around so not shelling out a hundred for it again.

For those following the thread but don't own a VR, can get a very, very good deal on it from big W soon.

DjShMJc.jpg

I rarely play mine, but when I do I love every second of it. I can see what Beerfish is saying about the lack of software, especially when you can see all of what is available on the other devices.

That price is pretty bloody good, but I guess it depends on how into the VR tech you are. Its still a long way off becoming a main gaming tool, and everything we get now are pretty little tech demos really.

Yeah the price is very good considering it includes the camera (~$80 on its own) and VR Worlds which will probably keep you busy for a little while and has some good stuff on it. Something else to consider is the Move controllers which you'd probably want to get if you don't already have them so there's another ~$100 I think.. eh you posted just as I finished typing that.

Yeah the price is very good considering it includes the camera (~$80 on its own) and VR Worlds which will probably keep you busy for a little while and has some good stuff on it. Something else to consider is the Move controllers which you'd probably want to get if you don't already have them so there's another ~$100 I think.. eh you posted just as I finished typing that.
Also included Skyrim as well .

Yeah the other $100 needs to be factored into it as well

Also included Skyrim as well .

Yeah the other $100 needs to be factored into it as well
I read a pretty average review of Skyrim which I posted about above.

Highlights gamewise for me in no particular order are;

VR Worlds
Superhot
Eagle Flight
Megaton Rainfall (not the game itself but just cool factor of flying around the planet/space)

A lot of people would put RE7 in that list and I would for the scare factor of the first half of the game but I got really bored with it and didn't even finish so for lack of longevity and replayability it doesn't make my list.

I also just bought Battle Zone for $16 which I played a demo for. I think it will be quite fun for that price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back