PlayStation VR

Remove this Banner Ad

How are the haptics for it? That's one of the things that really intrigues me in terms of better immersion. If it's capable of making the different toms and cymbals actually feel different, that'd be a huge step up.
I didn't realise when I first played but just had another go and realised there is actually no haptica at all whilst playing. The only haptics are in the menu... Surely that can't be correct.

I didn't realise when I first played but just had another go and realised there is actually no haptica at all whilst playing. The only haptics are in the menu... Surely that can't be correct.

That's a bummer, probably a quick port then. Hopefully it gets added to take full advantage. Replicating the dualsense style vibration in VR will be a godsend.

Just got home and quickly set it up before dinner. Set up was a breeze, unfortunately my theatre room isn’t quite big enough for room scaling though.

The controllers feel amazing, but I think that charging station is going to be a must buy.

Plan is to run through all the demos tonight before starting call of the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's a bummer, probably a quick port then. Hopefully it gets added to take full advantage. Replicating the dualsense style vibration in VR will be a godsend.
Looks like it was a bug. Restarted the game and there is haptics on the kit. There is a difference in haptic levels but I dont think it's based off what drum I'm hitting. I don't think it's based off how hard I hit either so I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's where o hit the drum?

Gave pavlov a go, just the tutorial and a quick TDM against bots. That looks like it will be an incredibly fun game so hopefully it can keep a good player base.

Last edited:
Some thoughts after a few hours.

The headset is so much more comfortable than PSVR1, didn’t feel the need to take it off once. Rumble in the headset is used sparingly and it’s not too violent. Only thing I don’t like is the ear buds, can you use the 3D pulse headset with it?

The cord isn’t an issue at all, never got near it.

The controllers are a huge upgrade, sticks are a godsend as I hate the teleport movement.

Played the Cosmonius High demo and Star Wars demo, both seem cool.

I am really enjoying Horizon, I can see climbing getting old quickly but exploration and combat in between are really great. While playing tonight, as soon as I finished a massive climb I was attacked by 3 Glinthawks, my arms were wrecked at the end of it!

I also enjoy throwing things off the side of the cliff and watching them fall haha.

Only thing I don’t like is the ear buds, can you use the 3D pulse headset with it?
Yes, you can.

Edit: Other headsets should also work. I used my Arctis 7P without issue.

Last edited:
Anyone tried NFL Pro Era? I'm curious but sceptical.
I'm exactly the same, curious but sceptical. Another game that would benefit from having a demo as I am not willing to waste 45 bucks if it's crap.

I’m confused by the play styles. If the room I’m in is too small, will I not be able to play games that are room scale play style?

Games like What the bat and Job Simulator are Room Scale play style only.

It does seem odd they allow room scale exclusive games. Even odder for a game like Job Simulator which was a standing game on the original PSVR.

Technically speaking you can cheat and manually draw the room scale mapping out to your 2x2 minimum but you may run into issues when you need to reach into a draw or something.

It does seem odd they allow room scale exclusive games. Even odder for a game like Job Simulator which was a standing game on the original PSVR.

Technically speaking you can cheat and manually draw the room scale mapping out to your 2x2 minimum but you may run into issues when you need to reach into a draw or something.
I'm thinking of clearing out my whole lounge room! Get about 4 x 4m 🤣 so much more immersive walking around.

I'm thinking of clearing out my whole lounge room! Get about 4 x 4m 🤣 so much more immersive walking around.
It really is. I am absolutely terrified of hitting my TV though so I might put a larger barrier around that so I get warned sooner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guardian barrier thing looks really good, maps the room better than what the Quest 2 does at least. You definitely want to give yourself a bit of leeway for any sudden movements 😅

Seems Amazon took more orders for the charger than they had stock. Got notifications that it was shipping today (already a day late) and now its been delayed and has no estimated delivery date.

I'm exactly the same, curious but sceptical. Another game that would benefit from having a demo as I am not willing to waste 45 bucks if it's crap.
My brother played it on the Quest and said it was fun. Said 2MD Football is very good and the more complete football experience and also on PSVR2.

Got mine today, booted it up and the setup is so damn cool. The eye tracking stuff is insanely accurate too, even knowing when you blink.

Horizon is incredible, looks gorgeous, plays really well.

I tried a couple of demo's. Star Wars was ok, bit boring. RE Village was rough, the weapon stuff is cool in concept, but hard to get to grips with. It also was noticeabley worse looking than the other stuff.

Gotta grab some more demos and games over the coming weeks though. Does anyone know if the first Walking Dead game is available now? I'm keen to get around to that, having not done so on PSVR1.

The PS blog post for the State of Play tomorrow doesn’t actually say the 5 PSVR titles are third party, I wonder if we see anything from Sony?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back